MERGED ---->Costumes? + Halloween Costumes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2SavesTheWorld

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Costumes?

Soooo what is everyone going to be for Halloween?
I have a party to go to and they seriously won't let you in the door without a costume.

So, I'm going to be the statue of liberty.

If it wasn't for this party, I probably wouldn't dress up.

What about you guys?

I don't have any Halloween parties going or anything like that that I know of...but it would be cool, I think, to dress up in a sort of U2-ey way...although I don't know how I'd do it!

I have a party to go to as well. It's actually a concert, an Oingo Boingo Tribute band, called Dead Man's party is playing.

I don't want to spend a lot of money but I want to have something cool.

All I have in the wardrobe are some ugly 80's glam rock clothes ( from a past halloween) and a bright pink wing :ohmy:

I'd go as Bono but I'm not sure how to pull it off........

I'm blond and 5.9 - I don't think i'd do a very good job :huh:

oktobergirl said:
I have a party to go to as well. It's actually a concert, an Oingo Boingo Tribute band, called Dead Man's party is playing.

I don't want to spend a lot of money but I want to have something cool.

All I have in the wardrobe are some ugly 80's glam rock clothes ( from a past halloween) and a bright pink wing :ohmy:

I'd go as Bono but I'm not sure how to pull it off........

I'm blond and 5.9 - I don't think i'd do a very good job :huh:

This is o/t, sort of, but what Oingo Boingo songs might I know? I KNOW I've heard of them before!

:shifty:
I'ma be Edge.
Lies (LivLuvAndBootlegMusic) is gonna be Bono.
Shut UP. :sexywink:
I assume we're having some sort of dorm party or something (I suppose Halloween is against reformed doctrine though, huh? :D)

Is it frightening that all I have to do is find a beanie? Well, I suppose a geetar and some musical talent would help...

breakdancer.gif

BLING BLING!

wertsie said:

This is o/t, sort of, but what Oingo Boingo songs might I know? I KNOW I've heard of them before!

Hmmm...

Dead Man's Party
Weird Science
Only a Lad
Out of Control (yes, they wrote a song with that title, too. :D )
When the Lights go Out
Flesh and Blood
Gratitude
Just Another Day
Who Do You Want to Be
No One Lives Forever
Wild Sex (in the Working Class)

just to name a few. :D

Boingo's one of my favorite bands from the 80's. I got to see them once and it was their farewell tour back in 1995. I'm just glad I got to see them at all. :D Danny Elfman put on a GREAT concert.

Oingo Boingo was known for having their concerts around Halloween and people used to dress up and go to them. When U2 came to LA (Oingo Boingo is an LA-based band) for the ZooTV tour, they were here over Halloween. Oingo Boingo actually postponed their concerts until after U2 left because both were pretty popular with the same crowd and I don't think it would have been fair to either band to make fans choose. :D

By the way, if any of you are in the L.A. area and want to take a gander at Danny Elfman's music, he did the soundtrack for the newly decorated Haunted Mansion at Disneyland.

Moonie :D

I have two options.

1. Fencer or a dead fencer. You know, with the white leggings and sword.

2. Guerrila freedom fighter. Or a dead guerrilla freedom fighter.

Decisions decisions....

Oooh...We have little kids in our apartment complex, and I just found out that they're going to be treat-or-treating so now I really want to dress up! Any ideas for a U2-ey sort of costume for me, a chick? :wink:

I have class Halloween night, but I'm going to a Big Brother, Big Sister Halloween party Sunday afternoon...not sure what I'm wearing yet.

~Advice from BC's Dad~

"You could get some dorky glasses and be Bono...or you could mess up your hair and be Ryan Adams!"

wertsie said:
Oooh...We have little kids in our apartment complex, and I just found out that they're going to be treat-or-treating so now I really want to dress up! Any ideas for a U2-ey sort of costume for me, a chick? :wink:

Bellydancer?

Bonochick said:
I have class Halloween night, but I'm going to a Big Brother, Big Sister Halloween party Sunday afternoon...not sure what I'm wearing yet.

~Advice from BC's Dad~

"You could get some dorky glasses and be Bono...or you could mess up your hair and be Ryan Adams!"

:lol: Wait...there's an idea...I do have the Fly glasses from u2.com!

'kay, I figured it out. I'm going to be Fly Bono...Black wig, fly glasses, and I have some black vinyl pants...don't have a leather jacket though...:hmm:

Yep Michael and I went to one of his friend's costume party Sat nite

I was Elevation Bono and he was Pop Edge

The whole time I was Bono I was thinking "If Fishy was here, she'd be like YOU'RE NOT IN COSTUME, YOU LOOK LIKE THAT EVERY DAY" I was in black shirt and pants, the black jacket I always wear, my camo hat, and blue shades.

Michael was in all black, sunglasses, drawn-on moustache, boots, and cowboy hat

IT WAS EERIE how much he looked like Pop Edge o_O

Mmm cowboy..... :drool: Mwaha :tongue:

I had everything I needed except leather pants. we looked everywhere, I ended up with $3 shiny black pants

I think I posed for a pic with my crotch....

we wanted a picture of us boom chaing in unison, but ran out of film. I think we might have a pic of Bono humping The Edge :silent: :shifty:

hippyactress said:

:ohmy:

not going to ask...

:laugh: yeah all his friends are like "WTF MONA"

after we were all decked out in Irish rocker garb, I go WE SHOULD'VE BEEN THE WHITE STRIPES

Back
Top Bottom