MERGED --> Can I say.... + RED HILL MINING TOWN Video HERE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:combust: Whew..... anybody got a cigarette? :wink:

Thanks for posting that link - as a child of the 80's, I'm always happy to find some cheese from back in the day & relive the years when MTV didn't suck. :up:

I posted this in the other thread :lol:

adambird.gif

yeah i ventured into that thread to see what they thought. Nice gif Sicy, i dont know why they think its so cheesy , mabey im too wraped up in the hotness to see the problem , must have another look to check :shifty:

Thank god for you tube, wonder how long til my delux edition comes from Amazon :hmm:

Last edited:
I second the nomination and carry the motion .

but going back to check and be sure .... i just wish his top was a little more torn at the front and it would be perfect.. :shifty:

Damm Ali was a lucky young wife in those days :combust:

Oh God, what a cheesy video, this is so 80s. No wonder the band kept it away for so long. It's more funny than anything else. Bono looks like a girl taking a shower. But the song is great.

How I think the brainstorming session went...

Bono: I know, why don't we do a clip that doesn't have a performance element? No guitars, just us down a mineshaft... :hyper:
Larry: I joined this band to hit things. :grumpy:
Bono: Okay, okay, Larry can hit something. :rolleyes:
Edge & Adam: And what are we supposed to do?
Bono: Uhm... you can throw birds in the air? :uhoh:
Edge: :|
Adam: All right, but only if I can stay in my pyjamas.
Bono: Deal! :happy:

Joking aside... My first impression is: it's not brilliant. It is hawt if you're a Bono/Larry girl, but not brilliant. The Edge/canary bit was cool, as was the footage at the start.
I don't remember many '80s clips in much detail (aside from U2, obviously), so I don't really know if this is typical '80s cheese, or just special U2 '80s cheese. :wink:
Bono certainly seemed very impassioned about the social consequences of the miners' strike...

My mum was watching 20 to 1 this evening, which had A LOT of 80s music clips in it - all of which made this video seem a lot less cheesy. So I'd definitely go with typical '80s cheese, just toned down a bit (which is really saying something, because this is CHEESY). It's so bad that I love it! Lol!

:drool: oh my friggin.. wow....
this is the very first time I think JT Bono is hot.... :combust:

the vid was pretty cool, but yea, ofcourse it's cheesy like everything from the 80s!

:drool: guh, methinks I need to make some gifs... any suggestions? (wouldn't wanna steal Sicy's thunder here, since she's our favourite PLEBAn ofcourse :tongue: )

:bow: i didnt think it would take you long to get the gifs comming GG . and its about time you realise the hotness of JT bono. :evil: there are so many good bits you will pick them im sure.

1.03-1.08, 3.26-3.28, 3.31, 3.32 hair flicking chain grabbing goodness

imsure there is more but ,

:combust: its hot work watching this frame by frame,

add 1.34- 1.37
4.52-4.53

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom