MERGED --> Bono's short Hair V3 + New Haircut + bono then and now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonsai said:

As I was just about to say in the message I tried to post before my wireless internet went down :mad: He may have looked tired and his hair unkept, but don't forget he just had to postpone the rest of his tour becuase the illness of Edge's litle girl, which I'm sure has effected all of the band. This does not take away the fact that his hair looked perfectly healthy and thick.

In an earlier post of mine in this thread, I think the possible explanation behind the bald spots during the Vertigo tour called be due to the medication he may be getting for his back problems he's been getting ever since he fell of the stage a few years back. Probably anabolic steroids which can rebuild damaged tissue and muscles after an injury, and allow the person to recover quicker after an injury (which is why steroids are banned in sports). I read in an interview last year thathe needed 20 injections before he could get out of bed and I also read an interview with Bon Jovi who admitted that the use of steroids is widespread in music, in order to lower fatgue when bands are on tour!

One of the side affects of these steroids is that they do cause baldness but more significantly, when used over a prolonged period, can lead to liver damage. He could be on courses of the drug, so that this reduces the risk. This could explain why sometimes his hair looks thick and others he appears to have baldspots in random places. It doesn't even look like pattern baldness.

My lecturer at uni has long hair, but his has always looked thin. He has a massive bald patch on his crown and is receading at the temples. I've known him for almost 3 years, and although his balding has got slightly worst, it hasn't got to the extent of excessive balding in just over a year. Two years ago, Bono had his hair up in a ponytail, now those photo's taken from the tour actually show that he has a massive bald patch extending from his crown to the skin just above his neck. People don't lose hair that rapidly unless it's due to other reasons such as drug treatment.

Of cause his hair looks thinner when it's wet due to sweat. I've got a thick head hair but this looks thin after it's got wet, this is because the water weighs it down. The same thing is true when a lot of hair products are put in the hair, which is another thing he used to do reguarly.

I have never thought about it that way. I just hope he doesn't take any heavy medication. But I am sure that his back problems were worse when on tour, because of all the stress. Many performers have problems with their backs, and their lifestyle certainly contributes to these problems. Bono has even more stress with all his travelling and meetings and so on. He does not seem to be in pain now. Taking medication, especially in combination with alcohol - and we all know that he's enjoying a drink from time to time - over longer period is certainly bad for your health, but so is a rock star's lifestyle, anyway. Constant touring and performing simply has to affect your health. I just hope that Bono is okay now, and I see nothing wrong with his hair, except that it looks really good, especially considering his age.

Bono's own comment on his back problems... he said he was having way too much sex for his age... :shifty:

I think it was in manchaster where he got 22 injections for his back... but I haven't heard much about it ever since... so I don't know if he still has trouble with it... I don't think so since he has given a few persons a piggybackride onstage... he wouldn've done that if his back hurted right?

General, thanks sooo much for the pic!!
ok forget popvertigobuzzcut..
how about AtomicPopFUZZcut :drool: sooo.. soft... fuzzy...

Hey Gg!! I used to have the vid of that interview where he made that comment, it was so funny how the interviewer got all tongue tied after that! But I can't find it anymore! Do you have it by any chance?? Also I was wondering if you have a certain pic in bigger size... (I guess its legal to post here since the thread is now merged to include then and now... and we'll call this THEN... Ha!)

anyways... looking for this bigger...

bonoedgeawesome.jpg

thanks!

:whistle: ofCOURSE I have that... :evil:
sadly I don't have it in a saved file, somehow my converting program can't save the stream... :)
http://wss.nine.xc.advection.net/00...n*PMofd63BWbf7CNyWso21ajtv5w1cmcaWWWjqHzDesaG!rXNl1YrAgJ9t%0ALeRbFaZgmmRlZTdjYWUwM2QtM2U3ZjQ5ZjMuKh9baWdub3JlXQ%3D%3D%0A

yesh long link.. I hope it still works :)
I think I have a sound caption program.. might try it with that one :)

edit: nope I checked, and I don't have that pic..

Hmmm... link not working... but is there something I need to change there? Sorry I'm having a :huh: moment...need help!

And thanks anyways on the pic... maybe someone else here has it?

bonocomet said:
Hmmm... link not working... but is there something I need to change there? Sorry I'm having a :huh: moment...need help!

And thanks anyways on the pic... maybe someone else here has it?

ack I think it's too long.. here it is, remove the space :wink:
http://wss.ni ne.xc.advection.net/003/wmsclients/nine/legacy/_dlp/a4/ab/a4abfefcd25210c91f8e97dee7cae03d-3e7f49f3.asf?advc=nine&advv=1.104.1&advx=1136243022&advt=Q5Gozudtf3CNYI*mKcn*PMofd63BWbf7CNyWso21ajtv5w1cmcaWWWjqHzDesaG!rXNl1YrAgJ9t%0ALeRbFaZgmmRlZTdjYWUwM2QtM2U3ZjQ5ZjMuKh9baWdub3JlXQ%3D%3D%0A

nikkyjade said:
GG....i offically LOVE YOU!!!! :heart:

if its not too much to ask....could someone convert this to mp3 so i can put it into itunes please :reject:

thank you

GREAT interview tho :macdevil:

I have no windows xp and therefor no WMP 10, so can't convert it with that,... I'll try with me other program tho..

my favorite line.. "and sadly for me, I'm not joking"

:evil:

bonocomet said:
Thank you Gg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this a sound only file or was there video too??

the thought of seeing him say that :faint:

no it's audio only :wink: your pc isn't failing on you THIS time ;)

Galeongirl said:

the thought of seeing him say that :faint:

no it's audio only :wink: your pc isn't failing on you THIS time ;)

Whew! Thanks! :wink: Although... I could swear I have seen that video..... right? I remember what the interviewer and Bono look like and where they were sitting and the audience reaction and every thing! I don't think I'm crazy..... hope not!:huh:

bonocomet said:

Whew! Thanks! :wink: Although... I could swear I have seen that video..... right? I remember what the interviewer and Bono look like and where they were sitting and the audience reaction and every thing! I don't think I'm crazy..... hope not!:huh:

:shocked:

you know I'm gonna love you till the end of time if you manage to find that!! I've never seen or even ehard of a video existing!!!

thanks nikky for the mp3 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom