MERGED ----> Bono's Apartment Smoke Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They aren't even supposed to be using their fire places though..

Oh, he ratted them out! Nobody likes a tattletale! :shame:

biff said:

I'm not sure where you got this mis-information, which you have repeated about a bejillion times.

From articles posted here when he first bought it.

If you were at all familiar with New York real estate prices (and clearly you are not)

Ah'm jest a poor dum ol' hick! Wal, t'us po folk that's an outrageous price fer any property anywheres. I knows NYC is high and it's all them thar rich 'uns that's ruinin' th' ecomony fer th' po' uns that's got ta live thar. If'n I was rich I'd spend mah time in NYC at that thar Plaza whar that thar lettle kid stayed in Home Alone 2 and use my fourteen million dollers fer better purpose like feedin' po' kids. I heerd on TV t'other nite only 54 dollers a year feeds one starvin kid in Africa fer a year. Fourteen million'd save lots o' lives. But that's me I ain't accustomed t' rich n' snobbish folks! :p

Ah am sorry I ever posted in this here thread, I knows y'all uns loves thishear Bono feller and'll defend anything he says or does so it's only stirring th' piss pot to say anything differnt. Just tryin' ta give a differnt perspective oh well never mind. Won't ketch me round theseyear parts no more in thisyear thread!

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
I knows y'all uns loves thishear Bono feller and'll defend anything he says or does

That's nice to assume that we are all blind followers of Bono.

why do these places have fireplaces if you aren't even allowed to use them?

if i paid 15 million for an apartment with a fireplace, id want to use it too, maybe thats just me

I've got asthma myself, and believe me, his concerns for his child are really understandable.
Even if there wasn't someone with asthma, there should be some alternatives for using the fireplaces, so I don't know why to use them.
And as said before, it's not allowed to use them anymore, so why don't just follow the rules.

It's nice to hear again that Bono has no right to spend his money on something, because since he once started to do some good, he is not longer accepted to use his money for his own luxuries. Go live in a shack!

Seems he didn't rat them out, but talked to the people using the fireplaces offering them his help. It was made public by some of the residents, not Bono.

Chizip said:
why do these places have fireplaces if you aren't even allowed to use them?

if i paid 15 million for an apartment with a fireplace, id want to use it too, maybe thats just me

If something violates the code though, what can you do? Buyer beware. Yes, of course if you saw an apartment with a fireplace, you'd expect you could actually USE the fireplace, so I can understand people being upset about that. But building codes exist for a reason, and they shouldn't be violated.

U2Kitten said:
They aren't even supposed to be using their fire places though..

Oh, he ratted them out! Nobody likes a tattletale! :shame:

From articles posted here when he first bought it.

Ah'm jest a poor dum ol' hick! Wal, t'us po folk that's an outrageous price fer any property anywheres. I knows NYC is high and it's all them thar rich 'uns that's ruinin' th' ecomony fer th' po' uns that's got ta live thar. If'n I was rich I'd spend mah time in NYC at that thar Plaza whar that thar lettle kid stayed in Home Alone 2 and use my fourteen million dollers fer better purpose like feedin' po' kids. I heerd on TV t'other nite only 54 dollers a year feeds one starvin kid in Africa fer a year. Fourteen million'd save lots o' lives. But that's me I ain't accustomed t' rich n' snobbish folks! :p

Ah am sorry I ever posted in this here thread, I knows y'all uns loves thishear Bono feller and'll defend anything he says or does so it's only stirring th' piss pot to say anything differnt. Just tryin' ta give a differnt perspective oh well never mind. Won't ketch me round theseyear parts no more in thisyear thread!

And there you go again with your self righteous drivel! :yawn: You really seem to think that you're only one around here with an objective opinion, coz all the rest of us, in your questionable opinion, are just blind Bono followers!?! :huh: And it's not just this thread but every post I've ever read by you has this same high and mighty "I'm right and you're all wrong" tone about it that just drives most of us up the bloody wall!! :angry: I'm sure I'm not the only one here who is sick to the back teeth of you spouting your virtuous and passive aggresive tripe!!! :madspit:

So your news that we "Won't ketch me round theseyear parts no more in thisyear thread!" is this the best news I read in a long time! :applaud: Don't let the door hit you on your way out!! :bump:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

:eyebrow: As a southerner, I'm just wondering if I should be offended by this.

Didn't think it would need to be repeated, but the article clearly states the issue is that these fireplaces/chimneys are not up to code.

Vincent Vega said:

It's nice to hear again that Bono has no right to spend his money on something, because since he once started to do some good, he is not longer accepted to use his money for his own luxuries. Go live in a shack!

Exactly! If this were ANY other random celebrity nobody would moan... if Bono didn't do any charity stuff, nobody would moan... for god's sake people, why moan about people who actually DO something???? YES they might do better things with their money, but why not focus on the ones who do NOTHING for charity? THEY have a lot more money and time that could be spent wisely, Bono already spends enough time and money on it!

DreamOutLoud13 said:

:eyebrow: As a southerner, I'm just wondering if I should be offended by this.

I think you should, it sounded offending to me at least.

U2Kitten said:
Ah am sorry I ever posted in this here thread, I knows y'all uns loves thishear Bono feller and'll defend anything he says or does so it's only stirring th' piss pot to say anything differnt.

Yep. We are all herd of cattle. Cattle with no minds of our own herded by Shepherd Bono.

hcbiggs2002 said:

And there you go again with your self righteous drivel! :yawn: You really seem to think that you're only one around here with an objective opinion, coz all the rest of us, in your questionable opinion, are just blind Bono followers!?! :huh: And it's not just this thread but every post I've ever read by you has this same high and mighty "I'm right and you're all wrong" tone about it that just drives most of us up the bloody wall!! :angry: I'm sure I'm not the only one here who is sick to the back teeth of you spouting your virtuous and passive aggresive tripe!!! :madspit:

So your news that we "Won't ketch me round theseyear parts no more in thisyear thread!" is this the best news I read in a long time! :applaud: Don't let the door hit you on your way out!! :bump:

yes, my thoughts exactly... it sure gets annoying to see this over and over again in just about every thread. Will it ever end?? :huh:

U2Kitten said:

You keep saying this, but here you are again.
Sorry, but I have no sympathy for someone who continuely set's themselves up for bashing. I think you like it.
It feeds some weird victimization need for you.

(edited to say: oops Sicy, I just finished reading the thread and saw your request. But I stand by my comment.)

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
"Code Enforcement!" the new album by U2 coming fall 2008 (or 2009, or 2010 . . . we're really not to sure on the date).

:rockon:

:lol:

Yep, and rumour is they are working on the following songs:

With or Without Smoke
A Day without Smoke
All Because of Smoke
Stuck in the Smoke and you can't get out of
Smokey Day
Until the End of the Smoke
Where the Streets have no Smoke
The Unforgettable Smokey Fire

just trying to "lighten things up" a bit around here

thankyou said:

With or Without Smoke
A Day without Smoke
All Because of Smoke
Smokey Day

:shh: you missed a few

Smoke On
Smoke is Blindness
Smoke bloody smoke
Pride(In the name of Smoke)
Miracle Smoke
Stay(Faraway, or Smoke!)

:wink: nice idea

sue4u2 said:

You keep saying this, but here you are again.

And here you are.

Just keep hoping someday maybe my posts will be seen the same as everyone else's, an opinion, a statement, no more, no less. It's those who always jump my ass who are making the big deal out of it. If you don't ignore me and choose to make shitass statements instead, you're worse than I am. When will you all ever learn? Or do you enjoy it?

I really, really can't post ANYTHING on this forum, because everything I say will draw flies because I seem to be some sort of sick entertainment for certain individuals (and it's always the same old gang, I could make a list). I guarantee if anyone else had said these things, nothing would have happened. I'm sorry to the mods.

Last edited:
thankyou said:

With or Without Smoke
A Day without Smoke
All Because of Smoke
Smokey Day

and covers of Smoke Gets In Your Eyes and Smoke on the Water

thankyou said:

With or Without Smoke
A Day without Smoke
All Because of Smoke
Smokey Day

you funny girl!! :giggle:

thanks for the lightening of mood in here.. :wink:

Diane L said:
I agree with the poster about Billy Squire. I saw him playing at a Virgin Megastore on Long Island about 10 years ago--I just happened to be there when he did an in-house performance. It was pathetic. He must have bought Microsoft stock when it was first up for sale or something to afford the San Remo.

I'm sorry to learn one of the kids has asthma. :hug:
:lol: about the Microsoft Stock!
sounds like billy squire and anybody being adamant about their "rights" to light a fire in a fireplace that they found out doesn't work, isn't up to health codes, puts nasty levels of smoke in the air just about the heads of all these people who live in the building, are just jerks.
But an interesting case of community versus individuals.

Asthma can be scary but is completely controllable as long as one's not exposed to stuff like smoke! I like Mitch Miller's comment...just move to the country if you want a fireplace. The building just can't support them, bad ventilation. Let the Co-op board "Fasttrack" whomever mr. squire or mr. gordon or whomever would like to sell their co-op to if it's a dealbreaker for their hapiness living there for goshsake.
Bono will buy you all some pretty candles to put in your fireplace instead and everybody will breathe better!

oops...didn't notice the drama above...sorry things in this community are less than happy as well right now:(
cheers all!

kellyahern said:
"Code Enforcement!" the new album by U2 coming fall 2008 (or 2009, or 2010 . . . we're really not to sure on the date).

Yup...Bono said the Edge is "on fire"

See...Bono likes fire, and when there is fire there is smoke...or the other way around.

Hypocrite ;)

I work in real estate in Manhattan and chances are if somethings not up to code not only will they be fined they most likely will not be permitted to use them.

And yes, 14.5 mil in that building and location truly is a good deal! He purchased that unit in 2003 so the value has more than doubled, I'd say he broke even ;)

one4u2 said:
And yes, 14.5 mil in that building and location truly is a good deal! He purchased that unit in 2003 so the value has more than doubled, I'd say he broke even ;)

Totally. He got an incredible deal on that apartment. There are only two like it in the San Remo -- if memory serves me correct, Mary Tyler Moore once had the other one. Remember that when he bought it, Manhattan real estate prices were down because of the aftermath of 9/11. I often stay in the Hotel Wales at 92nd and Madison, which looks straight across to the San Remo. At night, that's an absolutely beautiful view and I can only imagine how gorgeous the views from that flat must be.

On the other hand, if they have an apartment they can't comfortable use, it's no bargain at all.

U2Kitten said:

And here you are.

Just keep hoping someday maybe my posts will be seen the same as everyone else's, an opinion, a statement, no more, no less. It's those who always jump my ass who are making the big deal out of it. If you don't ignore me and choose to make shitass statements instead, you're worse than I am. When will you all ever learn? Or do you enjoy it?

I really, really can't post ANYTHING on this forum, because everything I say will draw flies because I seem to be some sort of sick entertainment for certain individuals (and it's always the same old gang, I could make a list). I guarantee if anyone else had said these things, nothing would have happened. I'm sorry to the mods.

Okay, Im going to end this right now because I am so fricken sick of threads closing because of you. I have not said ONE thing to you my entire time in Interference and im entirely sick of it. This has to end NOW.

1. Stop making fun of people by using dumbass words to get a joke that no one is going to laugh at but you.

2. When ever you get stuck in a position, you end up blaming people for the most random things.

3. I think you have not got a clue yet but, if you feel that people are attacking you on this board on your every post, how about not posting on this board any more? I mean really, get a clue!!

4. When you promise to not make another post in a thread...stop breaking your promise:wink:

And on another note:

Mitch Miller! Still alive and kicking!!! (and feisty!!!:love: )

tpsreports2424 said:
Okay, Im going to end this right now because I am so fricken sick of threads closing because of you.

I would take a guess that if this thread gets closed, it's because people are having a hard time just ignoring and moving on.

:shrug:

U2Kitten said:

And here you are.

Ya know, I wish I could ignore you, and believe you me I do for the most part. But I've been wanting to say something to you for some time now. It's not so much what you say, it's how you say it! The tone of most of your posts are very derogatory and of the opinion that you're the only one around here with a valid point of view!! And it's that derogatory tone and the self righteous position you take, on almost every subject that rubs people the wrong way!!! :tsk:

If you don't like some thing that Bono does or says (or how he wears his hair!) than that's just fine, yes it really is! But you're going to have to find a better way of communicating your opinions without always getting on your high horse and resorting to insulting everyone, including Bono, if you want people to listen to what you have to say! :shrug:

As for this thread, isn't this a non subject, nice fire places in homes that no ones actually allowed to use!?! :huh: Some of the residents ignoring the code and some protesting about the situation. Sounds like a similar argument we've been having around here for some, at least in the more built up areas. :shrug:

It is possible to burn fires without producing much smoke, so long has you burn the right type of wood and have the right kind of ventilation system. Living in a country where wood burning saunas and heating ovens are still very much the norm, I know a thing or two.

But if it's not allowed then what are we all arguing about?!? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom