MERGED-->Bono on the Today Show!!!!!!! + Today Show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruffian

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Today Show?

The news section here stated Bono and Ali would be on the Today show to discuss Edun...I've been watching and haven't seen them on, and didn't see mention of the appearance in the show description online. Did I miss it? Anyone else watching?

Re: Today Show?

ruffian said:
The news section here stated Bono and Ali would be on the Today show to discuss Edun...I've been watching and haven't seen them on, and didn't see mention of the appearance in the show description online. Did I miss it? Anyone else watching?

It was on around 7:40 a.m. :(

I wish I could post video, but I have no way to do so :reject:

Bono on the Today Show!!!!!!!

Bono was on the Today show this morning!!! Along with Ali!!!! it was a pre-recorded interview from when they were at Saks Fifth Avenue, and about Edun (obviously). I really wish I could get stills, but I dont even have a VCR!!! so I'll just tell you: must have been on the same day as the thing that went on at Sak's, because they were wearing the same thing. ummm, I dont know what else to tell you . . .

i've been watching since just after 8:00 a.m.--how could I have missed it???!!!

oh, boo!!!!!!!! I started watching around 8 :( thanks for letting me know, though.

yeah, same here. sorry that I couldnt (at least for my sake, if not all of the Plebas) but Bono WAS being super adorable!

edit: the Today show starts a 7am, sorry ruffian!

Last edited:
The cute part was when Katie was talking to Bono and Ali about how they've been married for over twenty years and that's quite an achievement.

Ali said yeah and Bono said, "Well, she's very easy to live with." :lol: And then Ali laughed :cute:

There was also some shots of Ali in Africa at the clothing factory. Katie asked Ali what she calls Bono and Bono said he likes "O, tall one! or O, masterful one!" the second one caused Ali to smirk and laugh. She then told Katie sometimes she calls him B.

kellyahern said:
The cute part was when Katie was talking to Bono and Ali about how they've been married for over twenty years and that's quite an achievement.

Ali said yeah and Bono said, "Well, she's very easy to live with." :lol: And then Ali laughed :cute:

There was also some shots of Ali in Africa at the clothing factory. Katie asked Ali what she calls Bono and Bono said he likes "O, tall one! or O, masterful one!" the second one caused Ali to smirk and laugh. She then told Katie sometimes she calls him B.
awwww, that is so cute! I am convinced, Ali is a saint :angel:

Hi!! :wave: I usually lurk around here, but wanted to let you guys know MSNBC has a clip from the Today show this morning.

I don't have 15 posts yet, so I cannot post the link.

If you go to MSNBC homepage, there is a link under "Bono's Bash", or something similar. Click on that and it will bring you to the page with an article on the Hall of Fame, and a link for the clip from the today show. :)

okay, 15 posts now...here it the link. Hope it works.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7184086/

Last edited:
What luck, I had an early morning meeting at work which got cancelled so I went into my classroom and decided to see what was up on Interference, saw the tag line, ran to the tv and it came on 30 seconds later! Good Karma today!!!!:wink:

I just watched here in CA and the part about what Ali calls Bono was not in our segment...that is odd. Unless I missed it for some odd reason, but I doubt it.

MrsSpringsteen said:
video here, I don't know how good it is

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7184086/

MrsSpringsteen thank you so much for the link--amazing interview!!! I love Bono! I love Ali!!! And if anyone is interested in a good article on the poverty issue, check out the latest Time magazine--article by Sachs on ending world poverty and a reference to Bono writing the foreword to the book)

kellyahern said:
Today had a quiz "What does Ali call Bono at home?" with
multiple choices - I remember another choice was sugarlips :lol:

LOL, yeah, there was that one and something like "her Achtung Baby", and "Sonny", and then of course, "B" :).

Great interview-it was nice hearing Ali talk, as I've read a lot of interviews with her, but haven't really heard any interviews with her-she's very articulate. And she and Bono were definitely being all cute together, as usual :D-they both looked great, too. And I like this idea-these two are such nice people, seriously...it's amazing (and cool) to see two people with such big hearts. They made a lot of great points about the situation (like the one Bono had about not wanting to wear clothes from people in despair), and the "Edun"="nude"=return to nature thing is creative.

Yeah. It was just all around awesome. And my sister was watching it with me, and she said the clothes were really cute, so...:).

Angela

Just watched the segment..made some caps..hope don't mind :)

btoday_001.jpg

btoday_002.jpg

btoday_003.jpg

btoday_005.jpg

btoday_007.jpg

btoday_008.jpg

btoday_009.jpg

btoday_010.jpg

btoday_011.jpg

Last edited:
ruffian said:
i've been watching since just after 8:00 a.m.--how could I have missed it???!!!

I live out here in Sunny Cal It was on after 7:45 am my time out here. I hope to that someone we have a clip of it fore everyone. It was soo much to watch.

eriekittym

Thanks for the caps!!! :bow:

Tivo better have this waiting for me when I get home!

I love the one where Ali's laughing and Bono has that devilish lil' smirk on his face

I bet Ali laughs at Bono on an almost daily basis :D That's probably actually one key to the success of their marriage.

I can tell she loves to smile and laugh. A good quality that most people do not have. Or most people in my area, at the least.

I hurried and took a ten minute shower just so I could see the segment, and my quick thinking 11 year old brother recorded it on TiVo when I couldn't get it to work! I was jumping around going, "Record! Record!"

Ali is just the most beautiful person in the world. My family had to agree. (And no, I didn't put a gun to their heads- they admired her for being so happy, nice, and pretty and said her voice was like an angel's.)

Back
Top Bottom