MERGED--> Bono in Washington tomorrow? + Bono at National Prayer Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Bono in Washington Tomorrow?

Here's a brief news item from The Washington Times:

Breakfast to Have Interfaith Flavor
February 1, 2006

Julia Duin
The Washington Times

Tomorrow's National Prayer Breakfast, traditionally an evangelical Christian event, will be a demonstration of interfaith worship.

Sen. Norm Coleman, Minnesota Republican, is the first Jewish co-chairman, and Jordan's King Abdullah, a Muslim, will attend the breakfast and give a major luncheon speech a few hours later.

Several persons close to the event organizers say the keynote speaker will be the rock star Bono, founder of the Irish band U2. A spokesman for Bono, an outspoken Christian and backer of humanitarian causes, did not return calls yesterday.

"U2log.com has learnt that Bono is likely to speak at the Meteor Awards at The Point in Dublin, on Thursday 2nd February 2006. The singer won’t be present physically, but he has recorded a speech introducing Bob Geldof."

I guess even Bono can't be in two places at once, despite some evidence to the contrary. (Or maybe that was his double?:shifty: )

biff said:
"U2log.com has learnt that Bono is likely to speak at the Meteor Awards at The Point in Dublin, on Thursday 2nd February 2006. The singer won’t be present physically, but he has recorded a speech introducing Bob Geldof."

I guess even Bono can't be in two places at once, despite some evidence to the contrary. (Or maybe that was his double?:shifty: )

This means that Bono wont be at the awards. He is recording a speech for that award for Bob G. So he should be able to make the Prayer Breakfast in DC in that case. Hence the quote" The singer won't be present physically, but he has recorded a speech introducing Bob Geldof."

Gotcha. They didn't specify that he had already recorded the speech for Geldof. I got it now. :up: Thanks Biff.

verte76 said:
I'm nowhere near Washington. Maybe I should move.:sigh:

Need a roommate? :wink:
Think I'll move too. Get away from the hurricane prone southern coast.. :eyebrow: and there's a few protest gatherings I would like to attend or form in Washington over the next several months. oh well .. Dream on.. :sigh:

Bono at National Prayer Breakfast

Bono will be speaking at this morning's National Prayer Breakfast. It will be broadcast live on CSPAN or CSPAN2 at 8am this morning. I believe it will be streaming online from what I can see on their website. Here is the link: http://www.c-span.org/

Just click on the media player that you want to use at the right of the page once you click the 'watch' button on the main page.

Enjoy..:wink:

seeing u2fanatic's timezone, one hour ago ^^
hehe it's mornin' there :D
damn Bono's on one funny mood today! and I want to know if those shades are really new and orange, or if it is the lighting?
I like his hair now... it reminds me a little bit of zooTv era... hehe and he keeps scratching the scruff... nooo Bonoo lemme do it! :wink:

hihi he was funny! :cute:
but I didn't exactly hear what Bush said about him... didn't get that... :confused:
he's soo cute when he hugs and shaked hands with all the persons there... :D

Yay! Here's a couple!
56729815.jpg

56729806.jpg

:heart: :heart: wow. :heart: :heart:

hope this isn't blasphemous or anything, but i would have had a LOT of trouble concentrating on prayer with B in the room....

his beard! shorter hair! his eyes, his eyes, his eyes! his blazer! he matches!

<thud>

what a sexy look.
:drool:

grace40streets said:
:heart: :heart: wow. :heart: :heart:

hope this isn't blasphemous or anything, but i would have had a LOT of trouble concentrating on prayer with B in the room....

his beard! shorter hair! his eyes, his eyes, his eyes! his blazer! he matches!

<thud>

what a sexy look.
:drool:
It's clearly his own fault. Having his shirt unbuttoned like that. :tsk:

Not that my eyes went there first or anything.. :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom