MERGED ----> Bono in Suzanne Doyle's babydoll dress! + Oh ladies!+rolling stone pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hehehe

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you these pictures just made me laugh...good god Larry! you could be a drag queen! :lol:

LOLOLOLLLL they make frightening women.

Re: Hehehe

senrab said:

LOLOLOLLLL they make frightening women.

hahah..there is a club here in Atlanta called BackStreet. it is a gay night club and is a ton of fun. They have this famous Drag Show called "Charlie Brown's Review" talk about frightening women, i mean men. those men were the prettiest women i had ever seen. it was funny they would pick on all of the straight people in there. and lmfao when they got to a straight guy, because they would turn them on and make their life a living hell for about 30 mins. hahaha...larry you could fit in as a featured queen. :p

awwww

I really liked the little photo scrapbook too...with all those pics. That was so cute with Bono and little Eli! :cute: A thought occurred to me though...he wears his sunglasses like that even when he's out swimming? When doesn't he wear them? (well i can name a few times but i just thought it was funny)
the dress one was....interesting :eeklaugh: how interesting our boys look as women!!!

JHC!!! Larry looks so sexy it's scary! :ohmy:

Lar, get over here, I should be the one wearing that lipstick, so let me help you take it off... :kiss: :tongue:

Last edited:
Re: awwww

rockonedge said:
I really liked the little photo scrapbook too...with all those pics. That was so cute with Bono and little Eli! :cute: A thought occurred to me though...he wears his sunglasses like that even when he's out swimming? When doesn't he wear them? (well i can name a few times but i just thought it was funny)
the dress one was....interesting :eeklaugh: how interesting our boys look as women!!!

Well, even if he wears them more often than we'd like, at least he's wearing them when he's acutally in the sun. :cool: The pool is the only place I wear shades, and only if I can find one of my three pairs.....:shrug:

FishNeedsABicycle said:

This one is very useful... ?_?
897.jpg

larry looks like anna nicole smith there (before she was fat)

:eyebrow:

Oh ladies!!!!

banddrag.jpg

"Anton was always trying to get us out of ourselves. I don't know what happened here. Maybe this is us as the Spice Girls. Larry [Mullen Jr., top], he's Baby Spice. Adam [Clayton, left] is Posh Spice. Edge
is Sporty Spice. And I'm doing my Liza Minnelli. Actually, I think Adam's got a Carol Burnett thing going. And Edge -- there is a Farrah Fawcett/Derek Smalls-from-Spinal Tap thing happening. Zoo TV was about having fun with the megalomaniacal aspect of being a rock star. It's a ridiculous thing to be. So let's make it ridiculous."

00312649.jpg

"This is my son Elijah -- Eli, we call him -- in the South of France. A lot of people thought having kids would chill me out. Far from it. I got more intense in a lot of ways about the way I saw the world, my determination to get to grips with it. It's the lengths you would go to protect your children. My pacifism, my hallmark in the 1980s, was challenged by having children. I try to channel that into activism."

00312650.jpg

"That's in Chicago at the Ritz-Carlton in 1992, the day after we met Bill Clinton. In the band, if you get the big hotel suite, you have to have the meetings and after-show parties. When Bill Clinton turned up, myself and Edge had been up most of the night writing a song called 'Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad.' The place was a mess. There's pizza boxes and beer cans everywhere, and I'm in this robe. Here's this guy running for office at the door, and I can either get out of the robe or tidy up. I chose to get out of the robe. I put on the first thing I could see, this crushed-velvet suit I'd been wearing the night before. When Clinton walked in, it was rock & roll Babylon. The faces of the people with him were like, 'Why would we bring our guy here?' But Bill just burst out laughing. He thought it was the funniest thing. Right there, I thought if anybody can sort out the Northern Ireland problem, it will be him. "

00312651.jpg
"This looks more avant-garde than it is. This is on tour. I'm singing over two hours a night, notes I'm not really able to hit, and it's expensive on the vocal cords. So during the day, I can't talk at all. I use this humidifier to keep my throat in shape. It's a pain in the ass for me. The rest of the band thinks it's great, because I have to shut up all day. I think that's one of the reasons why they like going on tour."

vvvvI've nver sen this one before. :ohmy:
00312652.jpg

"This one -- it all goes back to Elvis Presley putting on the blue eyeliner. When rock & roll gets too macho, it's not rock & roll. But I really cannot remember how this happened. It's in my house in Dublin, after the end of the Zoo TV tour. We'd had a party to celebrate -- the party had obviously gone on and on and on. The dress belonged to a girl who worked for us, Suzanne Doyle. I have no idea what I'm doing in her frock. And I have no idea who I might be calling. I might be calling my wife, Ali, for some aspirin."

Bono's Scrapbook
This is the link to the entire site. It was already posted in EYKIS by Elvis Presly, but this site is hillarious!! :lmao:

Re: Oh ladies!!!!

FallingStar said:
banddrag.jpg

"Anton was always trying to get us out of ourselves. I don't know what happened here. Maybe this is us as the Spice Girls. Larry [Mullen Jr., top], he's Baby Spice. Adam [Clayton, left] is Posh Spice. Edge
is Sporty Spice. And I'm doing my Liza Minnelli. Actually, I think Adam's got a Carol Burnett thing going. And Edge -- there is a Farrah Fawcett/Derek Smalls-from-Spinal Tap thing happening. Zoo TV was about having fun with the megalomaniacal aspect of being a rock star. It's a ridiculous thing to be. So let's make it ridiculous."

Larry as Baby Spice?! I can so see that!!!

:eeklaugh: :eeklaugh: :eeklaugh:

The other thing about "Electrical Storm" is that it was shot in front of my house in France. There were all these kids looking over the wall, including Larry's kids going "What's Daddy doing in a bathtub with that girl?" This is the only video we've ever done, by the way, where Larry had to get up at six in the morning to shoot -- and he didn't complain.

Last edited:
:| There was already a thread aboot this article....I'm so sorry, but I looked around PLEBA and couldn't find any thread with it.

Damn it....

:banghead:

did anyone else notice this little blurb from the Rolling Stone online article?

He is sitting at my desk in the Rolling Stone offices with a cigarette, a cup of coffee and a pile of pictures of his band, taken in the 1990s by acclaimed Dutch photographer Anton Corbijn.

I thought Bono gave up smoking? :(

FishNeedsABicycle said:
Here you go ladies! :drool: :drool: :drool:

898.jpg

This one is very useful... ?_?
897.jpg

OMG..Bono in a dress=very disturbing!

Larry in make-up and a wig=Very disturbing as well, but you have got to admit, he looks pretty!

larrysgirl said:

OMG..Bono in a dress=very disturbing!

Larry in make-up and a wig=Very disturbing as well, but you have got to admit, he looks pretty!

larrysgirl, your sig is :shocked: :silent: :lmao: x 1000!!!

00312649.jpg

00312651.jpg

://content.rollingstone.com/content/45/Images/00313013.jpg

Hope you like them :D

* edited because I forgot to include a great pic
* edited for second time because I can't spell

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom