MERGED -> Bono guest-editer Vanity Fair+ Vanity Fair Special Africa: The cover shoots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Amazon status says the Bono/Queen Raina cover issue is expected to ship in late July/early August, approx. around the same time as the Harry Potter book (for Maddy). I'm seriously thinking the VF is not gonna come in. Good thing I bought a copy at Rite-Aid the other night. :|

looked out of curiousity everyplace I went this weekend that had mags & no Bono covers. maybe I'm not the only one around here who likes Bono. :shrug: my daughter says why are you still looking you have yours. :eyebrow:

Found a copy of Bono and Queen Rania at Target this morning. I actually took it off the cart that the guy was rolling in to put out the new magazines!!! So I cancelled my order with Amazon.

JCOSTER said:
Found a copy of Bono and Queen Rania at Target this morning.

I found one at Barnes & Noble over the weekend. It was my first time looking, and it was the only Bono one I saw there, so I guess I lucked out!

Yes, I cannot believe I got the Bono/Rania cover today, it just came in and it was the front one in the shelf, I was so excited to see it and bought the copy, though Amazon says that my order is ready for shipment, but I just wanted to secure my copy, there aren't so many copies of VF available here. I will look for the Bono/Condi cover anothe day, because the magazine is vey expensive here, so I just took the one and started to read it this evening. There is so much to read, very interesting.

love2bmama said:
so, am I the only one who likes to rearrange the issues while browsing magazine racks, putting Bono in the front and Bush in the waaaay back? :shifty:

HAHA! I did that at Wall Mart! The lady beside me was looking at me weirdly!!

JCOSTER said:
Found a copy of Bono and Queen Rania at Target this morning.

I still haven't been able to find that one, but I haven't gotten a chance to try too many stores. I'm going to visit a friend this weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to find it up there.

And hopefully my friend won't call Bono a wanker like he always does if he sees it :madspit:

I got one with Bono and Rania the other day at books a million, it was the second or third one back.
I meant to look and see if there were anymore but I didn't :( because I was so excited to get it, I just grabbed it so fast and left.

last unicorn said:
I went to the store today, where I get all my international magazines, and I saw the June edition, it's 11 euro, that's twice the price of one of the copies I ordered on amazon! I would buy it anyway with the Bono covers, but I don't know if they will even get those covers. There is also an UK edition of Vanity Fair, so I am not so sure they will even get the Africa one. I am already counting the days for my two ordered copies to arrive. Might as well be around my birthday in July.

I can only hope that the Vanity Fair magazine I've ordered from my newagents is actually the US version and not the UK one! :uhoh: I didn't know there was a UK version of the magazine!! :ohmy: I'm going to have to phone up on Monday, (it's mid-summers celebration here now and all the shops are closed!) to find out and make sure it's the US Vanity Fair. I mean if it costs as you say around 11 €, I want to make sure I get the right edition!! And that hopefully there'll be able to get either one or the other of the Bono covers!! :eyebrow:

Last edited:
hcbiggs2002 said:

I can only hope that the Vanity Fair magazine I've ordered from my newagents is actually the US version and not the UK one! :uhoh: I didn't know there was a UK version of the magazine!! :ohmy: I'm going to have to phone up on Monday, (it's mid-summers celebration here now and all the shops are closed!) to find out and make sure it's the US Vanity Fair. I mean if it costs as you say around 11 €, I want to make sure I get the right edition!! And that hopefully there'll be able to get either one or the other of the Bono covers!! :eyebrow:
As far as I have seen, there is only one VF edition, apart from "our" German one, of course, and yes, it's quite expensive. My Amazon order has been shipped as well, so I can give one of the copies to a friend of mine. I read about half the magazine yesterday evening, there is so much to read, it's interesting and also quite funny (esp. where Bono is involved).

last unicorn said:

As far as I have seen, there is only one VF edition, apart from "our" German one, of course, and yes, it's quite expensive. My Amazon order has been shipped as well, so I can give one of the copies to a friend of mine. I read about half the magazine yesterday evening, there is so much to read, it's interesting and also quite funny (esp. where Bono is involved).

Ooh lucky friend! :ohmy: I was thinking, could I be that lucky friend?!? :shifty: But if you've already promised it to someone else, then forget I said anything!! It's just that I have this sinking feeling that even though I might be able to get (and only just might!) the (RED) Vanity Fair, it won't have either of the Bono covers!! :sigh:

Last edited:
Yay, I'm just back from Kuopio and have the Bono/Queen Rania cover of Vanity Fair!
a040.gif
I phoned already on Wednesday to make sure that they had the US version of the magazine and the shop assistant said "I'll just have to take a closer look at it....well there's Bono on the cover...." and I butted in saying "Yes, that's the one!" I had to contain from letting out a "Yahoo" exclamation!!
g015.gif

Here's a scan to console all those who have yet to find their own copy of the 'zine....

VF_July_2007.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Acrobat Angel said:
Any aussies found the new issue anywhere? i've looked everywhere :sad:
we probably won't get it until August... and i no i won't get the Bono and Queen Rania cover :scream:

amazon.com!

hcbiggs, I congratulate you while I am counting Bono's freckles on the cover you scanned ... it's big!!! :drool:

Yes, I got the Bono/Rania cover as well when the magazine came out here, I was lucky because it was the front issue, and Amazon has shipped the mag with both covers, so I should get it soon. However, the Bono/Condi cover seems impossible to get here. All I have seen recently is George Clooney and Oprah.

I saw the Bono and Queen Rania cover in the grocery store earlier and I almost bought it. But I subscribed to Vanity Fair earlier this month.
My first mag better be this one.
I hid that magazine just in case.
I'm hopeless. :wink:

hcbiggs2002 said:
Yay, I'm just back from Kuopio and have the Bono/Queen Rania cover of Vanity Fair!
a040.gif
I phoned already on Wednesday to make sure that they had the US version of the magazine and the shop assistant said "I'll just have to take a closer look at it....well there's Bono on the cover...." and I butted in saying "Yes, that's the one!" I had to contain from letting out a "Yahoo" exclamation!!
g015.gif

Here's a scan to console all those who have yet to find their own copy of the 'zine....

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thank you HC! :love: I can't find the US Vanity Fair anywhere.

I have just got done sending a copy of the (RED) issue of VF with B and Queen Rania off to Africa to one of the people who appeared in the issue but who can't get a copy of the mag locally.:sad:

It will take a week or two before she receives it but she was very glad that I would send her a copy of the issue.

Have a beautiful day, everyONE. Don't let it get away!

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom