MERGED --> Bono Backs Out of Frida Premiere + New Pics !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Bono Backs Out of Frida Premiere

According to sources U2's frontman Bono bowed out of the celebrity packed premiere of the Salma Hayek movie Frida last night as he had a bad back

The Dublin Premiere of Frida, held in the UGC last night, was a real celebrity event with stars scrambling to get their hands on the rare tickets

Some of the U2 boys were due to attend but when only Paul McGuinness and family, and The Edge and his wife Morleigh turned up we obviously inquired where Bono was... Whispers soon circulated that the talented singer had hurt his back earlier that day and could not attend

Other's that turned up to the premiere were Andrea Corr on the arm of Gavin Friday (again!), the movie's director Julie Taymor, and the Mexican Ambassador.

U2 are currently recording their new album in Dublin so let's hope Bono gets back on his feet soon.

Frida is released in selected cinemas nationwide on MARCH 14, CERT 18.

frida-prem1.jpg

frida-prem2.jpg

frida-prem3.jpg

Great pics, thank you! :)

It's a shame we missed new pics of Bono, but I am worried about his back and I hope he'll be feeling better soon. I know a bad back can be miserable. Take care Bono!:hug:

Last edited:
New Pics!

I dont know if these have been posted yet, but they're from movie premeire of Frida last night. Go to showbizireland.com for more info

frida-prem1.jpg

The Edge & Morleigh at Frida Premiere

frida-prem2.jpg

Andrea Corr & Gavin Friday at Frida Premiere

frida-prem3.jpg

Paul McGuinness & daughter at Frida Premiere

:cute:

Showbiz Ireland says Bono might have a slipped disc :no: Rumor is he was injured while recording the new album :ohmy:

He missed The Good Thief premiere last night-here's Ali at the premiere :heart:

good-thief-prem1.jpg

ehehehe Paul McG is such a cutie :cute:
everybody's looking good :up:
it's odd to see Morleigh without eye makeup though, hardly looks like her

watch, it's not her and I just made an ass of myself :D

I hope Bono's bad back does not prevent him from coming to New York this week. The MusicCares thing is on Friday, and on Thursday they are supposed to tape their performance for the Today show:(

verte76 said:
A slipped disc? Gosh, I hope that's not true. Those things are painful!!! Ouch!!!:madspit: :censored:

Yeah, they can be. :( They can also be chronic, which would NOT :no: bode well for the for future tours. :slant: Especially given Bono's physical approach to performing and his penchant for ignoring doctors orders! :shame: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
PaleBlueDot said:

Yeah, they can be. :( They can also be chronic, which would NOT :no: bode well for the for future tours. :slant: Especially given Bono's physical approach to performing and his penchant for ignoring doctors orders! :shame: :rolleyes:

Damn, what crummy news. :madspit: :mad: :censored:

My guess is he'll be there. He's not going to miss a dinner/award in his honor! ( would you?) Hopefully he's been resting up this week and will take lots of good drugs with him to NY to make it through the dinner and the Today show. ( i would need drugs just to get through watching the Today show).

Not that there is anything funny about anyone getting hurt, but the way it is written about him injuring himself while recording makes me wonder what he was doing!!!!!!

oktobergirl said:
My guess is he'll be there. He's not going to miss a dinner/award in his honor! ( would you?) Hopefully he's been resting up this week and will take lots of good drugs with him to NY to make it through the dinner and the Today show. ( i would need drugs just to get through watching the Today show).

Not that there is anything funny about anyone getting hurt, but the way it is written about him injuring himself while recording makes me wonder what he was doing!!!!!!

Gosh, I wonder how he did this myself. Ugh. The guess here is that he'll make it. He's a tough cookie, heh??

MrsSpringsteen said:
Showbiz Ireland says Bono might have a slipped disc :no: Rumor is he was injured while recording the new album :ohmy:

That sucks...owie.

Oktobergirl, that is a good question-what was he doing during recording the album to have that slipped disk, assuming that's true?

Like verte76 said, he's a tough guy, he'll work it out with the bad back. He won't miss the dinner, I'm sure. Hopefully he has been resting.

Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
He missed The Good Thief premiere last night-here's Ali at the premiere :heart:

good-thief-prem1.jpg

She looks great. :).

Angela

verte76 said:

Gosh, I wonder how he did this myself. Ugh. The guess here is that he'll make it. He's a tough cookie, heh??

I wonder as well.....I did something similar at gymnastics a few years back and it was a BITCH for almost a year, and it's still around....he must've really been jamming....

I'm sure he'll still be at the Musicares thing. After all, Dubya and/or Bill Clinton are supposed to be around (not that I personally have high opinions of either...)

This is not exactly the first time Bono has hurt himself. He had a dislocated shoulder on the JT tour, not to mention the chin-cutting episode when he accidentally broke the light, and God knows what else. But this just might be the worst injury. Ouch! Injuries are an occupational hazard for a performer. I hate it that this happened to Bono. No fair!

Back
Top Bottom