MERGED --> Bono and Christy Turlington in Paris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Funny, you almost never see her photographed with her husband, or her supposedly adorable children, but I've seen numerous pix of her with Bono and Edge.

It's a magazine from Spain, my country.... :wink:

It basically says that Bono and Christy were seen a few days ago in Paris walking and holding hands.... and they wonder if they share more than a friendship....

The best you can't do is ignore those things.... true or false it's Bono's private life... he can do what he wants :shrug:

If anyone is really interested I can translate it... but I think it doesn't worth it....

It probably is completely innocent, but if he were my husband :mad: I don't like to share lol.

You know, as someone who has been married to the same man for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng time (same as B and Ali) and also has been friends with the same ppl for just as long, this pic doesn't worry me at all. I have male friends who I'd think nothing of holding hands with.

It means nothing. :wink:

youvedonewhat said:
You know, as someone who has been married to the same man for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng time (same as B and Ali) and also has been friends with the same ppl for just as long, this pic doesn't worry me at all. I have male friends who I'd think nothing of holding hands with.

It means nothing. :wink:

I've been married for a long time as well, still wouldn't hold hands with another man nor would I put up with my DH holding hands with another woman. Sorry, no go.

I think they are just long-time friends (not that it is my business anyway ;))

Found this article (2001):

Bono to give Turlington Away...

Supermodel Christy Turlington has asked Bono to give her away at her wedding to fiance Ed Burns. She made the plea to the U2 singer because she lost her father Dwain Turlington to lung cancer two years ago. A delighted Bono has agreed to the request of his long-time pal and will walk her down the aisle at the June wedding in San Francisco.....

Re: Re: Re: Bono & Christy

Galeongirl said:

:lmao:

flossymay, what is so bad about holding hands??? :scratch: it's just a sign of close friendship..

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but I think if you're married it is inappropriate.

Hmpf. :eyebrow:
I think they are just very fond of each other. Understandably. Who wouldn't be totally fond of Bono? Or Christie?

Ali must be one very understanding and tolerating woman. I don't know how she does it. I wouldn't want to share either, especially w/B!!!

flossymay said:

I've been married for a long time as well, still wouldn't hold hands with another man nor would I put up with my DH holding hands with another woman. Sorry, no go.

:hmm: well, yeah. you got a point. Although my hubby and I have known another couple for as long as we've known each other. I wouldn't bother too much if he held her hand as he wouldn't bother if I held her husbands. I guess you have to know the ppl involved personally to come to any conclusions.

All I'm sayijng is that if you've been friends w/someone for the longest time then it's purely a friendship thing. Maybe I'm wrong, dunno. :shrug:

Bono and Christy Turlington in Paris

Pictures here:

65774869kb4.jpg

Any news on when were these pictures taken?

Before REM in Dublin? After that and before NY?

Regards

Xavi

Flossymay I can see where you're coming from, however I also understand YDW's point of view too.

I've been married 12 years. My hubby and I have a deep trust. I have lots of close male friends and vice versa. Neither of us see hand-holding, hugging, kissing (as in friend kissing, not tongue :giggle: ) etc as inappropriate when with those close friends. It certainly doesn't mean we're about to have an affair! Nor would we want to! Neither of us are jealous people, and love each other completely. :shrug: Different strokes for different folks. Neither is wrong, it's just whatever is most comfortable for you.

I also don't think it's appropriate for anybody to speculate on the state of B's marriage/relationship either. Obviously that magazine didn't have anything more interesting to write about, so it had to resort to wondering if there was more to B holding hands with a friend....:tsk:

Grain of salt :yes: Most definitely.

It's also possible that Bono almost sees himself as a "father" figure to Christy. He did walk her down the aisle at her wedding, and they've been great friends for a long time. Obviously, he's not really old enough to be her biological father, but she could still view him in that sense because of the loss of her father, and her friendship with B.

U2isthebest said:
It's also possible that Bono almost sees himself as a "father" figure to Christy. He did walk her down the aisle at her wedding, and they've been great friends for a long time. Obviously, he's not really old enough to be her biological father, but she could still view him in that sense because of the loss of her father, and her friendship with B.

That is totally what I was thinking too!

I would love to have a guy friend to be close to and hold hands with and hang with when no one eles is around. Get a mans point of view on things that is unbiased. :rolleyes:

They're holding hands, but their fingers aren't entwined. I was told when I was a young teenager that it doesn't mean anything unless you entwine your fingers :wink:

I always gathered that Bono's relationship with Christy was a sort of brother-sister type relationship, and there's nothing wrong with that.

People tend to say that Ali is such a lucky woman to have Bono, and yes, that's true, but it's obvious by the way he speaks about her that he considers himself lucky to have her. He's completely devoted to her, and so she wouldn't have any reason not to trust him.

But, the tabloids have done this before, time to whip out the U2 at the End of the World quotes (Chapter 43, page 366-367):

Bono was overwhelmed by the hoopla attending the Gallic clothing circus. "It's bigger than rock & roll to them!" he says. "It's bigger than movies! There were models with chains, pierced nipples. the whole nine yeards--and for some reason they all seemed to stop in front of me. Naomi stopped in front of me to wind me up. Christy Turlington stops, gives me a kiss, gives Ali a kiss. Now, you know there's been stories in the tabloids about me and Christy. So all the papers run pictures of Christy kissing me and don't mention that my wife was right there!" Bono shakes his head and chuckles. There has been gossip that he and Christy were having an affair ever since she started coming around with Adam and Naomi, and for a long time no one around U2 was very bothered by it. When Bono told his wife last summer that he would avoid hanging around with Christy so that the tabloids wouldn't get fed, Ali chastised Bono for it and told him that Christy is a lovely girl and if he lets the gossip press run his life, then he's a sap. "Don't miss the opportunity," Ali advised. But since the Adam scandel Bono is more concerned with setting the record right.
"You know, I had fun flirting with Christy, but I never had an affair with her! I wouldn't. After introducing these beautiful women to my wife they all lost interest in me! They're her friends now."

So, it doesn't bother Ali, and it doesn't really bother Bono, so why on earth should it bother us? I just look at the pictures and crack up because damn, he's short :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom