MERGED --> Bono and Christy Turlington in Paris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rini said:
Actually, Christy is holding Bono's hand so she doesn't lose him in the crowd! (You know how he is: short and distractable!)

Very cute and probably true!!!
We plebans could take turns watching out for him and give everyone else a rest.:sexywink: :happy:

Galeongirl said:

:shifty: I don't have the pic... only this one
bonooprahgappictures009lu9.jpg

oh found a gif
bonooprah2gapphotoboothcl5.gif

THANKYOU!!! love the gif. :cute:

Rini said:
Actually, Christy is holding Bono's hand so she doesn't lose him in the crowd! (You know how he is: short and distractable!)

she was probably telling him "No, Bono! You've had enough. No more shiny things!" :shame:

u2jesusgirl said:

JC that story is so awesome!!! The mutual trust between them is amasing!! But then that is an awesome marriage!!

I wish I had a better picture showing them together, but this was Bono (behind the tall dude) and Ali (looking right at my camera) walking together into the Edun event. I don't know if they were hand in hand (Maybe Lila saw) but they walked in side by side the whole way until they got up to Gilbert's family and stopped to pose for pix with him, his wife and kids. Ali was the one who stopped and pulled Bono over once she saw the children. I love this about her. When I met Bono in the dressing room she was over on the otherside of the room and could easily see anything going on with Bono. And what was funny was I got just as a big hug from her as I did Bono. It was so cute!! (Sorry, this probably belongs more in the Ali thread, but talking about them together made me think of the pix...It just shows to me how much love and respect they have for each other and support each other when I saw them.)

3da4.jpg

Still side by side (Ali seeing Gilbert's wife and about to stop and go over)

IMG_1774.jpg

BEAUTIFUL PICS DION!!!:happy:...............Im still kicking meself though:banghead:

I'm a bit late here, but I've been a few days away on holiday. I can tell you they weren't holding hands, and it was not early in the morning as the tabloid said, it was about 11:30pm, I was coming from a theatre when I saw Bono with a girl, honestly, I didn't know who she was till I opened this thread today, they were speaking and having a kebab near the isle of St. Louis. I was very angry with myself because I had left my camera at the hotel, so I could only say "hello" and he smiled. He looked very relaxed and a bit thinner than in the latest pics I had seen, he was gorgeous without sunglasses.
I don't think there is anything in there, but anyway that's his life.

Marien said:
I'm a bit late here, but I've been a few days away on holiday. I can tell you they weren't holding hands, and it was not early in the morning as the tabloid said, it was about 11:30pm, I was coming from a theatre when I saw Bono with a girl, honestly, I didn't know who she was till I opened this thread today, they were speaking and having a kebab near the isle of St. Louis. I was very angry with myself because I had left my camera at the hotel, so I could only say "hello" and he smiled. He looked very relaxed and a bit thinner than in the latest pics I had seen, he was gorgeous without sunglasses.

just as i thought, the magazine used the angle of the pic to make up a stupid story. :madspit:

but boy what a lucky "run in" for you Marien! it must have been heavenly :angel: to see Bono and Christy, let alone have a chance to say hello and then get a smile in return!! :faint: what a moment.

thanks for sharing, and setting this made-up tabloid story straight.

Marien said:

Hello Marien, welcome to Pleba! :wave: Thanks so much for your eyewitness information!! :wink: What a wonderful chance encounter!!! :ohmy:

And as for the article and pics, it was like I said at the beginning of this thread, to be taken with a pinch of salt!!! :yes: Or is that 'a grain of salt'?!? :scratch: :D

First, congrats for seeing Bono ... and WITHOUT shades! :drool:

To me, the photos look like they were taken in the daytime, not on 11.30 by night. Maybe they were taken at a different occasion the same day, or the next day? I guess it's perfectly possible that Bono and Christy spend some time in Paris together, not only a couple of hours.

So, if they were holding hands or not, who knows, could very well be or not, I don't care if it was both ways.

Well, it was the first time I saw Bono out of stage, I lived in Dublin for a year but I wasn't lucky enough, so I couldn't believe my eyes in Paris, at first I thought it was an impersonator or something, but as we got near it was clear it was HIM.
As for the pictures, I think it was the very time I saw them, at least Bono was wearing the same clothes and eating what I thought was a kebab, I guess they were coming from St. Michel where there are lots of Greek restaurants and crossing the isles to the other side of the river, near Vendom Sq., the most exclusive area in Paris, with the best hotels. This area is full of monuments with lots of lights, but at day time it is always busy and crowded, I don't think it would be easy to take such photos with lots of people in the street, but may be you are right.
Anyway, I won't ever forget my trip to Paris and those beautiful, sharp, blue eyes. By the way, I will never leave my camera in a hotel again.

Marien, great experience. You are certainly right that the photos were taken around the time when you saw them. Since the pictures are quite blurry, it's hard to tell, I was just under the impression that it was too bright for nighttime.

What a lucky person you are, going to Paris and then practically running into Bono. And seeing his eyes without shades, that's probably something that most of us can only dream of!

And Bono: No more kebabs, it's bad for your shape! :shame:

Last edited:
Ciao! I'm new here. I'm from Italy so please forgive my english...talking about models I read that Gisele Buendchen is going to perform in the new U2 video promoting the new album after HTDAAB. According to Fez news, there will be no fortcoming release...hope our boys are going to make us a big surprise!

onekea said:
Ciao! I'm new here. I'm from Italy so please forgive my english...talking about models I read that Gisele Buendchen is going to perform in the new U2 video promoting the new album after HTDAAB. According to Fez news, there will be no fortcoming release...hope our boys are going to make us a big surprise!

thanks for the info. it's nice to hear any news related to the upcoming album.

do you have a link related to this news by any chance?

Jamila said:
Here are nine pictures taken by the tabloid of Bono and Christy spending some public moments on a Parisian night which appears to be totally fine from what I can tell.

And Marien - thanks for your eyewitness account. :wink:

http://www.revistacuore.com/Reportajes/Zoom/0/Bono-07-2007-42705.html

If someone wants to post these pics here, please feel free to do so.

:bonodrum: :love:

Hey Jamila, thanks for finding and posting the link to the pics from the article. :wave:

Seeing all the original photos confirms that the pics were taken at night. The tacky rag that wrote the article probably manipulated the photos they printed to make it look like it was daytime! :tsk: And that's probably also why the pics are so blurry!! :|

If no one else beats me to it, I'll post the pics when I get back from work! :wink:

Last edited:
I'm glad that I could provide my fellow PLEBAns with some pics of that night which should dispel the notion that there was something suspicious going on between these two friends.

Bono and Christy look like they're simply enjoying some quality time together as old friends (they've known each other almost twenty years).

Have a beautiful day. Please don't let it get away!

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

I read that too in a web page here in Argentina..here's the link...the introduction to the news is in spanish but the rest is in english!:wink:
http: //www. u2 arg. com/ (remove spaces) go to your right to where it says "NOTICIAS" and u are going to see it:wink:

Ok, I'm posting these pics PURELY so that people can look at at Bono :D. I don't care what he's doing with his hand (or in this case, what he's not!)....they are just photos to enjoy, pure and simple. I'm really sick of the is he or isn't he thing....I mean honestly, who cares!!
c3044adf.jpg

5fcf29d2.jpg

ef1493e6.jpg

1d013573.jpg

fe96d285.jpg

And if they start any more 'speculation' I'm going to withdraw them as I don't want any part of it. :hug: Please, just enjoy them :yes:

Back
Top Bottom