MERGED --> Bono and Christy Turlington in Paris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DreamOutLoud13 said:
They're holding hands, but their fingers aren't entwined. I was told when I was a young teenager that it doesn't mean anything unless you entwine your fingers :wink:

I always gathered that Bono's relationship with Christy was a sort of brother-sister type relationship, and there's nothing wrong with that.

People tend to say that Ali is such a lucky woman to have Bono, and yes, that's true, but it's obvious by the way he speaks about her that he considers himself lucky to have her. He's completely devoted to her, and so she wouldn't have any reason not to trust him.

But, the tabloids have done this before, time to whip out the U2 at the End of the World quotes (Chapter 43, page 366-367):

So, it doesn't bother Ali, and it doesn't really bother Bono, so why on earth should it bother us? I just look at the pictures and crack up because damn, he's short :lmao:

Thanks for posting that! I was thinking of that quote too!

Sums it up just fine... they are very good friends. That's it!

Caroni said:
NICE, FREE PUBLITIY :wink: hope is not true,

Sometimes I think that media people is sick! if it was true, they don´t have the rigth to tell everyone :madspit:

ah.. a chance to type in Spanish :happy:

No te preocupes Caroni no es verdad, Bono solamente ama a Ali, no dudo que quiere mucho a Christy, pero la senora Hewson es el amor de su vida ;)

BonoFox1 said:
HA HA HA!! Bono celebrity gossip at last!!! :lol:

I was thinking the same! Finally this man got something!:lol:

And...oh....he's short.:lmao:

You guys are all missing the most important factor - he's NOT WEARING SHADES in those pics! :hyper: :faint:

As for holding hands....who knows? who cares....I don't even like holding hands with my husband so I guess that makes me a stone cold bitch :wink: In the End of the World book, there's a part where he's holding a guy's hand to comfort him, so maybe he's just a hand-holding dude...:shrug:

Re: Bono and Christy Turlington in Paris

popbcn said:
Pictures here:

65774869kb4.jpg

why are we saying they are holding hands? actually i was thinking that it is just the angle the pic is taken.
to me it looks like bono's arm happens to be sort of lined up with Christy's, so it looks like it. and if they were, big deal.
(and of course tabloids NEVER mess around with celebrity photos :shocked: )

those rag papers are all the same. it's all about selling garbage.
they're going to have to come up with a lot more convincing stuff than two friends walking together.
personally i thought the pics of christy and bono in vanity fair years ago was way more interesting........ :yes: .
And certainly those fantastic pics were not on the cover of a "rag mag."

anyone s'got those? now those were pics worth taking a second look at. yowza!

Last edited:
U2isthebest said:
It's also possible that Bono almost sees himself as a "father" figure to Christy. He did walk her down the aisle at her wedding, and they've been great friends for a long time. Obviously, he's not really old enough to be her biological father, but she could still view him in that sense because of the loss of her father, and her friendship with B.

I will also agree with this, U2isthebest.

One thing that no one has yet mentioned and which is an important tie between Bono and Christy nowadays is her involvement with Product (RED). :bonodrum:

Not only has she modeled some of the GAP (RED) clothing line but she has also made at least one trip with (RED) to Africa this year.

So, besides catching up on their friendship which spans many years, there might also be some Product (RED) talk going on too.

Anyway, I don't see anything to worry about in these pictures (nothing suspicious either). I simply see two friends sharing a public moment.

I actually think that it's very sweet. :hug:

u2trinity said:

:no: you've got it wrong , Christy is just very , very tall .

don't burst my bubble . :wink:

Another important thing I learned from this article:

Supermodel does eat. :ohmy:

Liesje said:
You guys are all missing the most important factor - he's NOT WEARING SHADES in those pics! :hyper: :faint:

hahahahahahah you're so right!

Aren't Ali and Christy business partners for the new product line 'Nude' anyway? I'd think they're all good friends...

BTW - the other important (and sad) thing from these pics -- Bono just cut his hair again ...it looks sooooooo short . :(

It appears as though Bono and Christy are holding hands, but I really do think that it is the angle that makes that illusion. Why would Bono hold her hand? She's married. He's married...to one of the most beautiful women in the world, no less. Bono would never jeopardize his relationship with Ali, nor would he mess up his friendship with Christy. They knew that paparazzi were watching...they always are. I don't believe they are holding hands. They are simply enjoying each other's company...in public.

Why would he shrink at holding hands with Christy when he kisses his bandmates on the lips, tongue duelled with Liam Gallagher, held hands with Willie Williams to comfort him when he had just gotten some really rotten news, etc, etc. Bono is a very touchy feely person. He can't seem to not touch people. Who cares what the paparazzi think? We've already heard Ali's opinion in "Until the End of the World" so why should we have anything to say about it. Bono flirts with everyone and obviously Ali has no problem with it. There are many pics of Ali watching Bono flirt with someone and she is smiling and happy so it is not a problem. She knew Bono's nature from the first time she met him at age 12 so by the time they started dating I'm sure she knew what to be worried about or not. This is what I find most beautiful about their relationship. They are secure in one another and have no need for possesiveness or jealousy. That is a beautiful thing. As Ali herself has said, "At the end of the day, if he's gonna leave you he's gonna leave you and possesiveness isn't going to change that."

Dana

I was simply agreeing that it doesn't seem like they are holding hands. It looks like the angle made it look like they were. I know Ali is secure, and that's why I think she's a cool chick. I don't really care whether or not he was holding Christy's hand...I was just giving my opinion.

rihannsu said:
Why would he shrink at holding hands with Christy when he kisses his bandmates on the lips, tongue duelled with Liam Gallagher, held hands with Willie Williams to comfort him when he had just gotten some really rotten news, etc, etc. Bono is a very touchy feely person. He can't seem to not touch people. Who cares what the paparazzi think? We've already heard Ali's opinion in "Until the End of the World" so why should we have anything to say about it. Bono flirts with everyone and obviously Ali has no problem with it. There are many pics of Ali watching Bono flirt with someone and she is smiling and happy so it is not a problem. She knew Bono's nature from the first time she met him at age 12 so by the time they started dating I'm sure she knew what to be worried about or not. This is what I find most beautiful about their relationship. They are secure in one another and have no need for possesiveness or jealousy. That is a beautiful thing. As Ali herself has said, "At the end of the day, if he's gonna leave you he's gonna leave you and possesiveness isn't going to change that."

Dana
:up: I was gonna say "Bono kisses Edge on the lips all the time, and they're both married :wink: "
Honestly, I think Ali knows that she has absolutely nothing to worry about between Bono and Christy. Bono and Edge on the other hand... :shifty:

:wink:

I really wish Bono would stop giving tabloids and Bono-haters a reason to gossip and bag him. I know Ali is secure and confident and I am sure Christy and Bono are nothing more than close friends - but dont give tabloids a reason to gossip wouldnt it hurt his family?

Besides - have you seen christy's hubby?? WOW :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: : drool: Sorry, i love Bono but Ed is

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

andromeda said:
I really wish Bono would stop giving tabloids and Bono-haters a reason to gossip and bag him. I know Ali is secure and confident and I am sure Christy and Bono are nothing more than close friends - but dont give tabloids a reason to gossip wouldnt it hurt his family?
Well, Bono's not like Paris Hilton or anything, there's not a lot for the tabloids to grab and use against him. Usually they end up talking about how he flew his favourite hat first-class to be with him on the other side of the globe :rollseyes:
I'm sure Bono's family and friends know him well enough to know not to believe the tabloids. But in the end, it's his choice. If he knows he's being perfectly innocent, maybe he doesn't want to change his normal behaviour simply out of fear of it being misconstrued.

Also, don't forget, this is the same guy that tongue kissed Liam Gallagher because the paparazzi were around with their cameras (...:drool:)

Come on! That's ridiculous! I hold hands with my male friends all the time and that's not stoping my fiance from marrying me! And that doesnt mean I'm cheating on him either!

I hate articles like this. They are so silly.

andromeda said:

Fair comment, but if you lived you life in constant fear of 'what the tabloids may think' you'd never be free to just be yourself. :shrug: It doesn't hurt anyone if there is nothing bad going on. Tabloids are well known to make a story out of nothing. Man, if I were famous, I'm sure they'd have me pregnant EVERY month with the PMS bloat I get!! :giggle:

:hyper: B not wearing sunglasses....:drool:

Back
Top Bottom