MERGED ----> ALL Threads Concerning Bono Speaking In NYC At The Tribeca Film Festival

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes Caragriff, that was great. Loved all the small details, like lil' Bono up on his tiptoes for the backstage photos. That's our boy, indeed!:wink:

it was definitely a wonderful night.
for him, it had to have been a bit nerve-racking because it was not the easiest crowd to sort of "talk at" if that makes sense.
a cynical crowd of downtown new yorkers at a rock concert might not really want to hear what he has to say.
the belfast telegraph article mentioned some hecklers and indeed there were some.
and to be fair there were a few sort of bono the "rambling man" moments.
but he really was able to shift the mood so quickly anytime his speech started to maybe be too "preachy" for some by just saying something funny.
he knows how to deflect the critics that want to poke fun at him or question his motives by just poking fun at himself first.
all in all, he started the speech with a bang and a lot of laughs and left with a bang.
and i was happy to hear him say that the next time he was on stage at a rock concert in new york, he'd be there with his band behind him.
can't wait for that.

Thanks so much for that! I love all your details, so descriptive and sweet :)

I know it makes me so weird :shifty:, but I completely swoon at Bono defending the Pope

:wink:

kellyahern said:
Thank you dazzled :bow:

***Thank You***, Kelly, bls & verte :wink:

This is/was as far as I can remeber the very first time *I've* had a chance to contribute to Pleba in relationship to reporting a Direct Event {Bono, in this case} happening Very Soon, THEN Happeneing Right Now{then}[/B]before.

It made me not only very happy :D, of course, to be there, but ALSO really to be able to contribute something back, especially to those who's comments A)I get the most fun, interest, buzz etc out of in general, B) those who have ALREADY Contributed You Are THERE!!!" stories before me AND those~~* hard-working gals*~~ who get the photos for us, whether -'de-marked' or not! :applaud: :hug:

In this case, Thank YOU Kelly, Misty, Esther(?) :bow: for these
oh, so ***wonderful*** photos of him :drool: !!! These are some of the best I've seen imho of him in a good while!

I can't wait:hyper: to print out some of these photos!

Last edited:
Apparently, Bono went to the premiere of "Troy" last night for his birthday :)

50822694.jpg

I direct linked to gettyimages, but if the link doesn't work I'll upload and post from my photoalbum when I get home :wave:

Ali and their daughters also went to the premiere - so he got to spend his birthday in New York with his family :cute: :hug:

I'll have more pics this evening of it, just have to wait until I get home from work, sorry, :reject:

Last edited:
That's Jordan next to him, with her hair in her face. I found some pictures of them at another site. Sorry, I have no idea how to post them. :reject: I'm sure Kelly will be on the case soon!
Jordan is looking VERY grown up now, and she has her mother's features, but not her colouring.

biff said:
That's Jordan next to him, with her hair in her face. I found some pictures of them at another site. Sorry, I have no idea how to post them. :reject: I'm sure Kelly will be on the case soon!
Jordan is looking VERY grown up now, and she has her mother's features, but not her colouring.

That sounds like me and my oldest child. He has his father's features and MY coloring.

MrsSpringsteen said:
If you have a URL or name for the site biff, I'd be happy to try to post them for you, or I'm sure someone else would be as well :)

I can't remember all of the places I've been browsing, but I know that rexfeatures had some pics of Bono and Jordan together. I'd love to see them larger, if that's possible. Thanks!:)

Oh, OK :)

I don't know if anyone here has access to the larger versions at Rex Features, because now you can't even see the newer ones :mad: Maybe someone does and will post them :) Same for WireImage too..

I tried to to post a link for the thumbnails, but they won't even let me do that :(

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
Oh, OK :)

I don't know if anyone here has access to the larger versions at Rex Features, because now you can't even see the newer ones :mad: Maybe someone does and will post them :) Same for WireImage too..

I tried to to post a link for the thumbnails, but they won't even let me do that :(

Thanks for trying!:wave:

different thanks

Thanks to everyone who either wished me luck on getting there & congratulating me, /or thanking me for the my story. :hug:

I forgot who (oops) ....but who ever joked about those glasses [+hat] keeping them in his NYC closet...... from seeing him three times in the the past 2+ years fairly close to close- { but not super close yet, i'll be a'working on that project this year/ or next} once was sans glasses, the other 2 times it was a different pair each other night BUT not those. And I really, really like these!

when my current rush of stuff doings is over maybe I'll finally get to post my U2 sightings in the sightings/meet thread thread.

In fact posting my sightings stories WAS going to be the main reason I was going to the net on sat!! *Before* I found out about Bono speaking late that Fri nite!

I must admit, I'd rather be seeing Bono live for another time, than posting about my previous sightings.:lmao:

Remeber It's taken me over 21 years of trying to see these guys upclos to finally do so from 2001 onward. Esp The B-man :drool: .

Last edited:
HI!

Can dazzledbylight or anyone who knows how to get in contact with dazzledbylight email me/PM me please? I'd really like to get a write-up of this published on Interference.com if at all possible.

Thanks so much,
C

Back
Top Bottom