Merged ----> *ALL* Bono On OPRAH Threads Are HERE (PICS as well)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are now hers....

AngelofLarrydom said:
and of course..she had to put on his shades..
I think everyone is tempted to do that...I know I would!

A few of the eyewitness accounts from people at the show said Bono gave them to her to keep. Later on a woman asked Oprah if she could try them on, and Oprah made the girl swear several times that she would give them back. Geez, lighten up Oprah!

Re: They are now hers....

bonosloveslave said:

A few of the eyewitness accounts from people at the show said Bono gave them to her to keep. Later on a woman asked Oprah if she could try them on, and Oprah made the girl swear several times that she would give them back. Geez, lighten up Oprah!

I wouldn't want to let go of his sunglasses if he gave them to me either! :sexywink:

That pic, Savannah- is gorgeous :cute:

flaming june said:
Awww, Bono looks cute!!! And Oprah has been added to the list of people I really really envy (see below, in no clear order)

6. Edge, Adam and Bono (coz they have probably seen Larry nekkid)

:lmao: :lmao: that's good, FJ! :up: :laugh:

AM said:

she marked him

:lol: :D

Last edited:
Re: Cute pic! Bono with Oprah!

Savannah said:
capt.1032389523.people_bono_cx103.jpg

:drool: Man, Bono looks finer than ever! I can't wait till tomorrow!

Oprah just called the radio station I listen to in the morning...
She listens too.....How weird is that!!!
Anyhooo this is what she said!!

She said that she's been tryin to get Bono for about a year and finally she got him.
He asked her to go to dinner with him the day after they taped the show. She said that Bono walked hand in hand down the street with her to Rosebud Restaurant on Rush Street. For people who don?t live in Chicago, it?s a street that populated with restaurants and clubs.
She said it was out of body experience. She was trying to act cool because she couldn?t believe that SHE was walking with BONO!!!! When they got the restaurant, the waiter nearly dropped his tray. :laugh:
She said although she has met so many people, she really loves Bono and it was an experience she will never forget. She was so impressed with his passion for helping Africa.
She said that he didn?t take off those blue sunglasses all night and at the end of the evening, he gave them to her!!!! She was at home making coffee when she call the radio station, and she was wearing as she was speaking. :)
She said that he embodies all of themes she has ever talked about on show. That he practices what he preaches. She thought that she was using her life to help people. Bono blew her away, he made her feel that she wasn't doing enough with her celebrity to help people.

Cant' wait to see the show!!!

Last edited:
Wow

AngelofLarrydom said:

She said that she's been tryin to get Bono for about a year and finally she got him.
He asked her to go to dinner with him the day after they taped the show. She said that Bono walked hand in hand down the street with her to Rosebud Restaurant on Rush Street. For people who don?t live in Chicago, it?s a street that populated with restaurants and clubs.
She said it was out of body experience. She was trying to act cool because she couldn?t believe that SHE was walking with BONO!!!! When they got the restaurant, the waiter nearly dropped his tray. :laugh:
She said although she has met so many people, she really loves Bono and it was an experience she will never forget. She was so impressed with his passion for helping Africa.
She said that he didn?t take off those blue sunglasses all night and at the end of the evening, he gave them to her!!!! She was at home making coffee when she call the radio station, and she was wearing as she was speaking. :)
She said that he embodies all of themes she has ever talked about on show. That he practices what he preaches. She thought that she was using her life to help people. Bono blew her away, he made her feel that she wasn't doing enough with her celebrity to help people.

Cant' wait to the show!!!

That's awesome, wish I could have heard it - thanks for sharing!!

AngelofLarrydom said:

Cant' wait to the show!!!

Wow! Oprah rocks! I :heart: Chicago...Haven't been in a few years...Must go again soon! :happy:

This thread is so long, so sorry if this is already here, but I :heart: this story...

From The Chicago Sun-Times:

The Bono beat . . .

September 19, 2002

BY MICHAEL SNEED SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

Rocker Bono, the U2 lead singer who has become a
hero in Africa for trying to alleviate the
continent's AIDS epidemic, has now become a hero
to Molly Farrell.

*The scene: Farrell, 13, who has used a
wheelchair since a diving accident this summer,
met the 42-year-old Irish rocker outside the Ritz-
Carlton Hotel on Monday while en route from the
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago.

*The story: She told him U2's inspirational
song, "Walk On," is her theme song.

*The ending: Bono then kissed the teenager's hand
and said he would say a prayer for her.

:up: :love: :cute: :bono:

i love bono

Gina Marie said:
This thread is so long, so sorry if this is already here, but I :heart: this story...

From The Chicago Sun-Times:

The Bono beat . . .

September 19, 2002

BY MICHAEL SNEED SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

Rocker Bono, the U2 lead singer who has become a
hero in Africa for trying to alleviate the
continent's AIDS epidemic, has now become a hero
to Molly Farrell.

*The scene: Farrell, 13, who has used a
wheelchair since a diving accident this summer,
met the 42-year-old Irish rocker outside the Ritz-
Carlton Hotel on Monday while en route from the
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago.

*The story: She told him U2's inspirational
song, "Walk On," is her theme song.

*The ending: Bono then kissed the teenager's hand
and said he would say a prayer for her.

:up: :love: :cute: :bono:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

AngelofLarrydom said:

Cant' wait to see the show!!!

WOW! Awesome! Bono :cute: !

The first thing I noticed
1. no shades on - YAY!!
2. lOOK WHERE HER HAND IS. omg!!!!!!!!!
3. finally, after like, 10 minutes I noticed she was wearing them.

I can't believe he took her to dinner. he is too freakin' cool.

i have such bono fuzzies right now i can't take it.....

*countdown till tomorrow*

i am working from home tomorrow just so i can watch Bono live !!!! I told the work people I have to wait for the refrigerator repair man ( little white lie)

:love: :love:

Re: Re: They are now hers....

oliveu2cm said:

I wouldn't want to let go of his sunglasses if he gave them to me either! :sexywink:

That pic, Savannah- is gorgeous :cute:

Oh you're welcome! I was so happy to find it! I couldnt' believe I was the first one to find the scoop pic this time! ;)

Last edited:
OMG!!!!! I haven't had U2 fuzzies in so long

U2Kitten said:

I love this pic....to everyone that says his looks are fading should take a good look at this pic :drool:

Lucky lucky Oprah....maybe they should get Bono to replace Dr. Phil

I :heart: that story how he took her to dinner and how she was so in awe of him

Must remember to set VCR......

OMG OMG

I just saw the preview for the show tomorrow. He looks fookin beautiful. I may die waiting for 4 o'clock. A whole hour to drool and hang on every word.

Back
Top Bottom