Melpop on the cover of a magazine!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zabie

The Fly
I had a big surprise yesterday at the supermarket...

I was waiting in line and saw the picture from some years ago of Melpop with Bono in his car in Dublin on the cover of a french magazine called Sensass with the title "She met Bono" :shocked: :lmao:

Too bad for me, the magazine was sealed, so I couldn't take a look and since it's not the type of mag I usually buy... I didn't... but I'm pretty curious :yes:

Maybe I should go buy it tomorrow :whistle:

Well, why on earth did you not buy it? Was it heinously expensive or something? Or did you just want to tantalize and aggravate the folks here?:shrug:

:ohmy:
wow, the famous melpop stories continue.....
but I wonder why they picked her, I mean, there are more people who have met Bono in dublin, and got a ride in his car.. okay, they didn't get a kiss, but still..... :rolleyes:

Very cool! I hope she comes back and tells us more about it!

biff said:
Well, why on earth did you not buy it? Was it heinously expensive or something? Or did you just want to tantalize and aggravate the folks here?:shrug:

I didn't buy it because I hate that gossip magazine, not because it was expensive. But of course I regret it now, so I'll go buy it today after work. Sorry if I "tantalized and aggravated" you :madspit: :wink:

Well... I'll try to make a long story short.

Back in 2002, I used to work with a girl that now is at Sensass magazine. She was a pretty good friend and she obviously knew about the whole Bono thing because it was pretty fresh at the time and I had a hard time containing myself.

About 2 weeks ago, she e-mailed me saying that the magazine wanted to do something on Bono and she told people at the magazine about my story. Apparently, they were very interested in using it. So I gave them a mini interview explaining what you already know and I gave them 2 pictures, that you've already all seen.

I was expecting them to do this article on Bono and slipping my story in there somewhere... but they actually just talked about my story. The weirdest thing is they never told me that they were going to put my picture on the front page!

So that's what happened. I didn't tell anyone here, because I figured you are all pretty tired of hearing my stories.

WOW:shocked: That is awesome!!! I wish I could read the article. What is it about...BTW welcome back:wave:

greeneyedgirl said:
Mel, that is so cool.
Good for you!!!
Which mag was it?

The magazine is called Sensass... not the type of magazine I read, eventhough on the front page they wrote: "Une lectrice a rencontré Bono" which means "A reader met Bono"... I was like... I've never read the magazine once... oh well

Your stories are legendary! And a huge, awesome PLEBA/Bono connection!

how many pages is the mag?????? I need to read a 3 page article of choice for french class :D
also did the article include the things about you rolling around with him and so? and the, what was it, err Bono saying something like Hmm now I remember you.. when you kissed with him later?? :lol: yes I am curious... :wink:

Galeongirl said:
how many pages is the mag?????? I need to read a 3 page article of choice for french class :D
also did the article include the things about you rolling around with him and so? and the, what was it, err Bono saying something like Hmm now I remember you.. when you kissed with him later?? :lol: yes I am curious... :wink:

Unfortunately, the article is 2 pages long... I don't know if your teacher is flexible enough to accept it. The article did include the rolling episode... well there was a picture showing it. I mostly talked about the car ride with him. I mentionned the kiss and how stupid I felt when I asked him for it.

Melpop said:

Unfortunately, the article is 2 pages long... I don't know if your teacher is flexible enough to accept it. The article did include the rolling episode... well there was a picture showing it. I mostly talked about the car ride with him. I mentionned the kiss and how stupid I felt when I asked him for it.

hmm is there a possibility I can get it online somewhere?? depends on how hard it is to read, maybe I can talk m teacher into accepting it:D

Wow! That is so cool Mel! Sounds like you are a very lucky lady! :up:

Is there a link to an old thread with your photo's in it? I'd love to see them!

OceanGirl said:
Wow! That is so cool Mel! Sounds like you are a very lucky lady! :up:

Is there a link to an old thread with your photo's in it? I'd love to see them!

photo's :
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/melpop_/detail?.dir=0b59&.dnm=7c4a.jpg&.src=ph
Story:
http://melpop.freeservers.com/ there's also a vid there..
:D yes I save everything that might come in handy someday.... :angel:

thanks for the link.. picture looks euh, familiar :wink: is there a possibility to read the article there... I didn't get the site much... :confused:

Galeongirl said:

photo's :
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/melpop_/detail?.dir=0b59&.dnm=7c4a.jpg&.src=ph
Story:
http://melpop.freeservers.com/ there's also a vid there..
:D yes I save everything that might come in handy someday.... :angel:

thanks for the link.. picture looks euh, familiar :wink: is there a possibility to read the article there... I didn't get the site much... :confused:

There isn't the story posted on the site... only the picture of the magazine and some links to other (more important) stories.

Melpop said:

There isn't the story posted on the site... only the picture of the magazine and some links to other (more important) stories.
hm ah well, thanks for looking anywayz... I asked my teacher today that if I could get a 2 page story in a magazine from quebec about a girl I know trough the internet if that would be okay.. her reply: well maybe you can find a larger article with the same subject elsewhere? .. I cracked up and told her.. well I don't think so... would be very funny if it would :lol:

Back
Top Bottom