Melbourne Nights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mysterious_jen

Blue Crack Addict
go easy on me this is my first attempt at writing a fan fic.

Melbourne nights.
This is fiction blah blah …

Rainy night, June in Melbourne, red tail lights bumper to bumper through a steamy window,
A smoky haze wafts through the bar,
Damm my fucking shoes are killing me and I have a run in my stocking……
Band-Aids are in here honey and fix your skirt, what’s your name again??
Its Jane, thanks for the band aids the job and a place to stay
Just earn your keep girl, Mary gives Jane a wink and sends her back out to the bar.

First night in the bar was a tough one for Jane, not used to heels, bar work or a leather skirt, but she had to make her way through university somehow…
Pouring another pint she checks the clock , 11pm , another 4 hours till her shift finishes, another 4 hours in these heels and this shirt she thought she would fall out of, but it kept the customers happy…ugh..

From behind her a vaguely familiar accent reaches her ears above the din of the TV football match and the clink of pint glasses, old men coughing …
Light my cigar sugar…
Huh?
Have you got a light??
Yes sir,
Jane turned around and looked up to see the most amazing blue eyes… fumbling for a lighter almost dropping it ……
With shaking hands she lights the cigar of a dark haired man she feels she has known her whole life, but never met before……
Steady there lovely... thanks …
Jane can barely make out the words, but in a squeaky voice utters Can I get you a drink sir??
Umm yeah get that blue label whiskey off the shelf and leave the bottle...

She feels his burning blue eyes on her ass as she kneels on the bar stool and reaches up to get the bottle …

So umm Jane... he squints to check out her name badge conveniently pinned to her boob and raises his eyebrows, you worked here long?

With a shy smile, while she pours a glass of scotch on the rocks no sir, this is my first night...

Well you’re doing just fine…. He takes a sip of the whiskey...

Oi girl get me a drink!
damm some old arse is yelling at her from the other end of the bar mumbling an excuse glad to slip away from that intense gaze for a moment she painfully hobbles to the opposite end of the bar to see what this old bar fly wants..

While arguing and trying not to serve this old drunk because he has had too many
Jane hears the door open and a cool breeze brings the sound of the traffic in for a second...
Turning to watch the other end of the bar 2 men join the blue eyed one with the accent...
A man tall, green eyed and wearing a beanie (smart move for winter Melbourne) and a silver haired gent pull up a stool.

Hey sugar can you get my friends a drink?
Cursing the shoes Jane painfully hobbles back to the end of the bar…

What can I get you?

Pint and a soda thanks………

A cheer is heard from the pool table, and a blonde bloke in a leather vest swaggers up to the bar, cool as the winter’s night, having just cleaned up the pool sharks...

Well done again Laurence says the cigar smoking gent …. Drinks are on you then!
Ahh bugger you bono he says in an Irish brogue... what you drinking then? Ill have the same …

Bono. Jane’s heart skips a beat. God no wonder she thinks knows these men. But what the hell are they doing here???

Flushing, a crimson tone creeps up her neck from under her tight white half open blouse to her cheeks as she pours the second scotch on the rocks and barely breathing hands it over to the gorgeous leather vested man.

JANE! …

Yes Mary...

Where’s the fucking band?

Umm I don’t know? They were supposed to start at 10.30 …

I will fire those bastards when I see them next, now get on the phone and find me a band!

Crap how the hell do I find a band at this time of night to play now?

Muttering and pulling out the phone list…Frantically searching she picks up the phone when the silver haired gent interrupts placing a gentle calloused hand on her wrist ….

Hey sweetie I think we can help you …..

You... you can??? But, but I know who you are ….but you can’t play HERE .this place is a dump.

We are a band, you need a band, what do you say guys?? Larry rolls his eyes, Edge nods in agreement itching for a chance to play and Bono gives a wry smile
Sure I’m up for a challenge... looking at Jane and not thinking about singing at all...

Well we don’t have much equipment... …
Edge is keen, hey we can improvise!
Eager to keep her job and get a band happening tonight jane timidly speaks up I have a guitar in my car and there’s an old bass upstairs in my room?
Edge is intrigued Can you play?
Yeah a little and umm sing a bit …
Ohh I have an idea... Bono whispers in her ear and her eyes light up with a spark...
Oh but no I couldn’t...
You can. I know you can.
Larry rolls out a wooden keg for a drum and Adam goes up stairs for the old bass.

Mary we got a band!!!!!!
Eh? Who? How??
Well these guys are called u2, they were in for a drink but wanted to help…

Never herd of them... but whatever... the crowds restless gets them on!

Jane's knees shake as she checks her face in the mirror, undoes another button on her blouse and thinks of Bono’s reassuring words. She is about to make her own dream come true.
Hey everyone listen up … crowd still grumbling and swearing Jane raises her voice... OI!… but to no avail , then a shrill whistle shuts the room up .. Jane turns her head to see edge with two fingers in his mouth and he gives her a wink with a gorgeous green eye.

Ok we found a band for you tonight, they haven’t played for a while but let’s give them a big hand and welcome U2 …
A smattering of applause and a few wolf whistles follow Jane as she adjusts the mike, Bono strolls up and Edge plays the opening to When The Stars Go Blue.
I need some help on this one... Jane …
Adam and Larry kick back and get comfy strumming and gently drumming while Jane opens up in a husky sweet tone ... Dancing when the stars go blue….
Bono joins in and gives her an encouraging nod …as they sing together Adam and Larry glance at Edge who looks as happy and at home with an old Yamaha strapped to him as he did with his explorer in the old days.

The set roll’s on with cheers from the crowd as they do a powerful rendition of Stay, Wild Honey and Summer wine and finish with In A Little While…

Adam gives Jane a frowny smile and a nod, You don’t sing to bad for a barmaid , but can you be a waitress too ?

Umm thanks, blushing again and eager to take the focus off of herself, are you guys hungry ???

After too many pints and a sweaty sexy acoustic set the boys settle into a booth for a feed. Jane brings over a pizza and they start to devour it, as she turns to head back to the bar she feels a hand around her waist and before she knows which way is up, Bono has pulled her on to his leather clad lap. She gasps... he laughs and gives a mischievous grin and has a sip of whiskey... Take a seat sugar it’s been a long night for us all ….

On Bono's lap in the dingy corner booth of the pub. Jane strokes his stubble and runs a finger down to his collar bone, deeply breathes in that expensive sweet cent of his cologne and slides a hand under the breast of his leather jacket and rests it on his warm chest, fixes her gaze on his divine blue eyes while he tousles her blonde hair and they engage in a kiss that makes the room spin..

She can taste the hot whiskey on his lips and tongue it makes her ache inside.. Mmmmmmmm opening her eyes meeting his baby blues that turn her to water..
Bono tilts his head to the side and rests it on her shoulder, one hand toying with her buttons and whispers Jane would you stay with me tonight?
Huh... but ….
I haven’t been with anyone since the divorce and, well there’s something about you I like, a lot...

The boys see Bono whispering in Jane’s ear know when its time to go, Adam and Larry head back over to the pool table and Edge makes his excuses and heads out in search of his own company..

With a smile Jane makes eye contact with Mary across the bar … i'm finished for the night …. See you tomorrow …
And the first time tonight Jane knows what she is doing is right, she wraps her hand around Bono’s and leads him up the stairs…

I llike it.

It's not that kind of fiction that every word could make your leg soft, but it's very interesting way of writing a day dream. I felt like I had a short trip in your head.:giggle:

Very nice feeling.

hmmmmmm yeah it is kinda a day dream thingy i guess .

short trip in my head not this good!!!!!!
im completely freaking :crazy:

thanks for the feedback though !!
:wink:

depends on the following -
A . if YDW gets her butt into gear and posts more christine or something better first!! ( is it done yet is it done yet??)
and
B if inspiration strikes again ! unluky for you guys lol

factor A:

I think you should start writing stories and post them here. Your writing style is very different from YDW. I like her's a lot, and I like yours too.

Straight and simple story line, no waste of time on building self-confidence of the characters. It's good. :yes:

The only thing that make me a bit unsatisfied is that in the story you made Bono a divorce man, and I was really hoping Jane could just stealing at the door with no fear and no care.

"Life is a game and true love is a trophy"...I like Rufus Wainwright. :wink:

yeah the divorce..
i thought people would be upset if i let her jump in bed without respecting the fabulous Ali , so hell why not write her out of the picture all together .. :wink:
i kind of rushed it and could have built up the back story a little more, i was kind of aiming for u2 as "has been 's" hanging in a bar no fame no responsibilites and no annoying wives to worry about ! :wink:
and jane gets her man so then if this truly sux then i dont have to write any more , if people like it then i get to write a good bedroom scene.... :combust:

mysterious_jen said:
yeah the divorce..
i thought people would be upset if i let her jump in bed without respecting the fabulous Ali , so hell why not write her out of the picture all together .. :wink:
i kind of rushed it and could have built up the back story a little more, i was kind of aiming for u2 as "has been 's" hanging in a bar no fame no responsibilites and no annoying wives to worry about ! :wink:
and jane gets her man so then if this truly sux then i dont have to write any more , if people like it then i get to write a good bedroom scene.... :combust:

I'll sit here and wait.....:D

Magic pen could make anything happen...:drool:

Interesting take on this one. :up: I like the idea of the guys being 'retired' for want of a better phrase. Still droolworthy though...:evil: :lol: And yeah, it's probably better to have the guys not married. Although Effanbee managed it really well to have Bono married and the story was brilliant. Me, I prefer not to have them wed. It makes it simpler to write...and I'm all for simplicity, me.

Anyway, I like this one. It is to the point without fannying around with too much scene setting. I'm not good with stories that go into too much description on clothing, place descriptions and stuff. Maybe I'm just one of those who like to get right in there and be the person I'm trying to portray.

I'll be interested to see where you are going to take this. Great trees from little acorns grow.:sexywink:

mysterious_jen said:
aww shucks , thanks for that :) YDW....
any further with your stuff??.... ist done yet? is it done yet? .....

..working on it now. Actually, I'm working on both my stories. I find it's easier to have more then one going at a time then I can flit between them if I dry up with one of them. But, sadly it'll be a while yet before I'm satisfied w/Christine...:reject: I'm doing quite well with it but not enough to post.

mysterious_jen said:
its like i have turned on a tap i do have more of this story to come .. even scribbling on a notepad when i get a chance at work.. scary scary stuff!

:applaud:

This was really fun to read, Jen, and thanks for posting it! I got a really clear mental image of Jane and the band - please tell us more!

I agree with YDW on having the main character divorced or whatever, it saves a lot of headaches for sure.

Waiting patiently for the next part:yes:

I just read your story again while I was in Uni...:heart:

Okay...I was suppose to do my SAP project....back to work:wink:

ah yeah she did , thats why i am hanging onto the next bit deliberationg what to take out ...
the next part is ready and steaming to go .... i will have another look at it ..

Back
Top Bottom