Meet the girl who turned down Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
While searching for new pics, I came across this little article... :)

Meet the girl who turned down Bono

Nanny to the stars just wanted to come home for her family
THERE aren't many women who would turn down one of the world's most famous rock stars, U2 lead singer Bono.
Yet Mooloolaba's Chelsea Sipthorpcorrect has done exactly that.
When the opportunity arose last month to look after the Irish crooner's children, Chelsea turned it down.
After four years teaching and nannying in Great Britain and Europe, she wanted to return to the Sunshine Coast to catch up with family and celebrate her brother's 21st birthday.
But she has no regrets _ over the last two years the trained teacher has nannied for Britain's wealthy elite, among them U2 guitarist The Edge. She also interviewed with Liam Gallagher of Oasis fame.
Anything else she may have done is a mystery, because unlike fellow Australian Paul Burrell, whose loose lips and revelations about the Royal Family shocked UK last week, Chelsea is staying mum.
When confronted with the rumour she looked after Mick Jagger's children, Chelsea responded with laughter.
"That's a complete fabrication,'' she said, but with a twinkle in her eyes that leaves you wondering.
"I think when you work for them (the famous or wealthy), its important to keep quiet about their home life,'' she said.
"Of course you overhear things but they are normal families too so that's how you treat it.''
So how does a teacher from Mooloolaba break into the celebrity and business elite nannying circle?
Chelsea started nannying in her spare time while teaching in London, and just "fell into it'' from there.
She simply met a family who needed a nanny through friends and ended up in Monaco.
"I thought I was working for rich people in London until I went to Monaco,'' Chelsea laughed. "It's just amazing to see the way they live ... the plush houses, gorgeous boats, their lifestyle.''
So began a couple of years in the south of France, holidays on the Greek Islands, skiing in the French Alps and memberships to upmarket health clubs.
One of the many highlights was The Edge's wedding, where Chelsea worked with three other nannies and looked after 40 children.
The U2 rocker hired a medieval village in the south of France, and did not spare any expense.
"It was really lavish in a gorgeous location ... people were handed ice creams when they got there, and there was a huge bubble machine,'' she said.

:shocked: :shocked:

NO regrets,really?? :shifty: :D

"I think when you work for them (the famous or wealthy), its important to keep quiet about their home life,''
:yes:
That's true.What happens inside their houses is none of our business. :shame: ;)
That's why this nanny is probably such a good professional.

Supernova said:
:shocked: :shocked:

NO regrets,really?? :shifty: :D

:yes:
That's true.What happens inside their houses is none of our business. :shame: ;)
That's why this nanny is probably such a good professional.

Yes, indeed. I really respect people like this.

Hey, she was never a nanny for Bono's kids, right? Do you know if Bono's kids have a nanny?

ohhhh i am a nanny... i could be bonos nanny ;) you know, if he was ever looking for one in the future... i have 4 years experience with the same family already...

Last edited:
I SERIOUSLY think the Hewsons need to HIRE ME!

I have a B.A. degree in Early Childhood Education and over seven years experience as a preschool teacher - not to mention successfully raising my own daughter by myself who is now in college!

BONO and ALI - ARE YOU LISTENING? :wave: :hug: :up:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

One of the many highlights was The Edge's wedding, where Chelsea worked with three other nannies and looked after 40 children.
The U2 rocker hired a medieval village in the south of France, and did not spare any expense.
"It was really lavish in a gorgeous location ... people were handed ice creams when they got there, and there was a huge bubble machine,'' she said.

:love:

I Love that man. lol. :edge: :love: :drool:

*Not making the obvious joke that all 40 of the children were his.* :shifty: :lol:

lmao!

When I met bono for the first time in Dublin and he asked me what I was doing in Dublin and if I had a job, I was going to ask him if he needed a nanny. I should have asked! lmao

I'd love to nanny for Bono's kids, but I honestly don't know if I could last. When I nanny for four kids at a time, it's usually full time for a summer and by the end, I'm burnt. And that's not even for people that are really rich. I mean, the kids I watch I have to drive around to camps and swimming lessons and summer activities all day, but there's not the pressure that comes with kids whose parens are high profile. I suppose it helps that the girls are older now and mostly self-sufficient.

:laugh: LOL! This is probably the only job position alot of us around here would fight over!:wink: And She turns Bono down!!
:lmao: I just don't think Bono will have trouble finding a good nanny!
:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom