meanest thing the b-man's done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Verte76- Bono ran right toward you and YOU DIDN'T GRAB HIM?!! :scream: If I'd have been there, we'd have sacked him;)

U2Kitten said:
Verte76- Bono ran right toward you and YOU DIDN'T GRAB HIM?!! :scream: If I'd have been there, we'd have sacked him;)

Uh, no. There were security guys present. Actually I wasn't completely aware that it was Bono until he'd left. It happened really fast. Then I realized and I damn near fainted. :faint: :faint: :shocked: :shocked:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
Bonofied U and Desire: I feel the same way :) :hug:

Thanks for understanding :D :hug:

I agree with everything you said. Sometimes I do think, how could a 'fan' do some of the things they do? I mean, if you care about the person, why is it fun to do this? It seems like negative stuff and jokes are usually against someone you don't like, not someone you admire.:shrug: It makes sense to me and it's only right, if you have feelings for someone, respect them.

Exactly! When you really care about them you almost "adopt" them literally LOL :lol:. As emotional as Bono is (but he's a really strong willed person) I have no doubt that deep down the criticism really gets to him. Not saying he's as fragile as an eggshell, but the negative stuff has to hurt when you're trying so hard to do what you feel is right. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't accusing anyone or pointing fingers. As Bono has said before, "I prefer to point a finger at myself. I never use the stage as a soap box. It's always how long must WE sing this song, not how long must you sing this song." I was just trying to constructively disagree - and explain why. The B-Man deserves some good publicity after the cynics (from the press that is) rear their heads.
I agree w/ you though w/ respecting ones way of doing things or taking things. We're all here for a reason. We love Bono and U2. :love:

I know for sure Bono hates gossip and noseyness- after the Meteor Awards, he got mad at a tabloid guy who questioned him about his new apt. He said he didn't like the way tabloids did people and U2 wanted no part of it. He said he hated INTRUSIVE GOSSIP- that shows what I've known all along, he doesn't like jokes or questions about his private life and personal business and if we love him we'll respect that.

Yeah, I do too. That's why I go on gut insinct w/ what I read about the fellas. I don't blame him for being cheesed off at the questions. While we all know Bono has a big mouth :scream: (and what a mouth...err... I mean that in a good way;)), he also has his humbled quiet side, he just prefers to keep his private life the way it should be... Private. IMO. I don't blame him. It can really make one self-concious. Exactly, his own private life is his own business. Right on.

About the hood thing: When I first started driving, my brother and cousin jumped on the hood of my car on a dirt road and I just laughed and let them ride. But my hood was smooshed down and the hood latch wouldn't work! My Dad had to bend it to pry it open to even change the oil, and then it never open and closed right. If Bono had done it, it would've been worth it!

LOL! Awww.. well I hope everything is fixed now. Yeah, and who would be driving if he was on the hood? Why does this remind me of the "Still haven't found...." video? ;)

I don't know if this counts as 'mean', but does anybody remember when Bono was being interviewed in a resturant by a lady who he said was very 'uptight'? Anyway, Bono started stripping his clothes off until he got down to his underwear (black briefs), and then sat back down and told her to ask him a serious question. If I was the interviewer, I would not be mad at all.

:sexywink: :lol:

I can't think of anything "mean" Bono has done...hmm?
How about a thread on the most gooberish thing Bono has done?

Hi! :wave: Hi there! :wave: Hewwo! :wave:

Last edited:
carey02 said:
I don't know if this counts as 'mean', but does anybody remember when Bono was being interviewed in a resturant by a lady who he said was very 'uptight'? Anyway, Bono started stripping his clothes off until he got down to his underwear (black briefs), and then sat back down and told her to ask him a serious question. If I was the interviewer, I would not be mad at all.

:sexywink: :lol:

That's not mean... that's pure evil :evil: He's a tempter and he knows it
:macdevil:

RockNRollDawgie said:
I can't think of anything "mean" Bono has done...hmm?
How about a thread on the most gooberish thing Bono has done?

Hi! :wave: Hi there! :wave: Hewwo! :wave:

The nuttiest thing........good grief, I can imagine some of the posts now. Some of them might be :censored:. :lmao: :lmao:

My personal favorties

1. Calling the Pres. of France (at the time, I don't think it was Chirac) a "wanker" at an awards show (and yes, that's a direct quote) in regards to certain nuclear tests.

2. More recently referring to PM Mugabe of Zimbabwe as a "crackpot" on international tele. (He's right, BTW.)

:lmao:

I kinda like it when he bears his claws. He's a diplomat, not a pansy. (Disclaimer: I don't think the above are "mean" in the sense of like yelling at employees or anything. We'd never hear about that if it happened anyway.)

SD

Re: Re: meanist thing the b-man's done

Bonofied U said:

Not to sound mean, but personally I don't think this is a very good subject matter to be discussing here. I think the good outweighs any mistake he's ever made. Noone is perfect - everyone has done something that someone else may consider "mean" at some point. And he's the type of person that judges people for the good in them, not the bad. So who are we to judge him?

Personally I think the things you have brought up is Bono acting out as "The Fly" not himself. ZOO TV in essence was a big play - it was them poking fun at their own line of business. "The Fly" was supposed to be pompous and full of himself - it's just him playing the part. Not real....

um i didn't mean anything by it. it is just good clean fun. if this isn't the place to talk about it were is? this is PLEBA for crying out loud. i see ridiculous things here all the time.

hey bono's one of my favorite people of all time. i know he ain't mean and i ain't tryin to judge nobody. sorry though you are probably right. "next time i'll do better"

also, about the him not liking people talking about his personal life thing, i tottaly agree. thats why i put the thing about what the fly said to the reporter lady. nothing serious. sorry bout all the confusion. hey bonofied i really like your art work by the way, i never ment to hurt cha babe.

zooperson said:
also, about the him not liking people talking about his personal life thing, i tottaly agree. thats why i put the thing about what the fly said to the reporter lady. nothing serious. sorry bout all the confusion.

I don't blame him for getting pissed off over all of these personal questions. I don't want to know this stuff. It's none of my damn business. I love pix of him being a rock star and a politico, and I want to know what he's doing in these roles, but let the guy have a private life. You don't turn in your privacy rights to your government or whoever if you're famous.

verte76 said:

I don't blame him for getting pissed off over all of these personal questions. I don't want to know this stuff. It's none of my damn business. I love pix of him being a rock star and a politico, and I want to know what he's doing in these roles, but let the guy have a private life. You don't turn in your privacy rights to your government or whoever if you're famous.

Exactly. I don't either. It really is none of our business. And I may sound weird to some of you PLEBEAN's but I personally don't want to see what his naked butt looks like or want to know how much he spends a day. :lol: :no:

Re: Re: Re: meanist thing the b-man's done

zooperson said:

um i didn't mean anything by it. it is just good clean fun. if this isn't the place to talk about it were is? this is PLEBA for crying out loud. i see ridiculous things here all the time.

Ok. It's just the word "mean" can have several different meanings. It's hard to judge what people mean by just plain text unless you hear their voice. Yeah, I know... I wasn't saying it was the wrong place to post it, I was just saying I don't agree w/ it.

[quotes]hey bono's one of my favorite people of all time. i know he ain't mean and i ain't tryin to judge nobody. sorry though you are probably right. "next time i'll do better"
[/QUOTE]

I understand. I feel the same way. It's ok, all is forgiven. :D

Bonofied U said:

Exactly. I don't either. It really is none of our business. And I may sound weird to some of you PLEBEAN's but I personally don't want to see what his naked butt looks like or want to know how much he spends a day. :lol: :no:

I don't think anyone really gives a damn about this stuff. We might really like the jacket he wore at the last awards show, or we might not. Sometimes I wonder what kind of beads are on someone's shirt or whatever. I happen to do beadwork on some of my costumes and I could swear those are glass beads on that jacket he wore on the Larry King Show. But hey, it's part of him in his public persona if he was doing it at a public function with camera people there doing their jobs rather than being invasive jerks.

verte76 said:

I don't think anyone really gives a damn about this stuff. We might really like the jacket he wore at the last awards show, or we might not. Sometimes I wonder what kind of beads are on someone's shirt or whatever. I happen to do beadwork on some of my costumes and I could swear those are glass beads on that jacket he wore on the Larry King Show. But hey, it's part of him in his public persona if he was doing it at a public function with camera people there doing their jobs rather than being invasive jerks.

Exactly! I know I don't. I like to hear about the good things he's doing. And just to hear about his thoughts on things. Yeah that too. I agree w/ you :yes:

Back
Top Bottom