Me, Paul, Dave, and the 8th Grade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonogirl777

Blue Crack Addict
At Tim Horton's with Kristen and Val talking about
Ok, this is my first fan fic so go easy on me. :hug:

In this fic, Bono and Edge are my age and are my best friends. This, obviously, takes place in this present year. Possibly, this very day. :hmm: :giggle: :shifty:

At the beginning, I'm just waiting at the bus stop, then progresses to us at school.

So, here ya go.

Chapter One

Oh my God. I can't believe it's this cold out. Is there any way my bus driver could be any more late and make me freeze my butt off? No, I didn't think so. Well, I'll just endure the blizzard-like conditions day by day I guess. Could my bus driver ever think of the possibility that I MAY have friends at school? Well, when I DO EVENTUALLY get on the bus, I'll be able to stare at Paul and Dave. *sigh*
Oh look, there's my bus driver now.
“Good Morning.”, my bus driver says.
I think, “Yeah, whatever............”
Well, Paul's stop is next!!! Here he is!

“Hey Paul, what's up?”
“Eh, noothin' mooch.”
There was that sweet Irish accent that I loved so dearly. Paul is originally from Ireland. He just moved to Maine with his father a year ago. Tragically, his mother died in the past year. His nickname is Bono. Ain't it cute?
Bono's got the prettiest baby blue eyes I've ever seen. The pools of blue almost hypnotize you. His cute little freckles on his face compliment the rest of his divine features, and his hair is long-ish and fluffy.
Bono's on the debate team at school. He wins almost every one of the debates. He also sings in our school's chorus. He has the prettiest singing voice.

“What's up with you Liz?”, he says.
“.......the ceiling.....”
Wow, he actually started laughing at my lame attempt! I did too but only because of his beautiful laugh. THIS was a very good sign.

By the way, Paul's in my homeroom too. And we have every class together except reading.

Oh look, it's Dave's stop next. David Evans is Bono's best friend that moved with his family to Maine from Ireland too.
Dave's got the greatest green eyes, he's got a fluffy head of hair just like Bono, and everyone calls him The Edge because he's got a sharp “edgey” face.
Edge also plays guitar in our school band (when a guitar part is needed). He's so awesome!!!

Edge, Bono, and I are best friends.

“So Edge, how's it goin?”, I say.
“I'm pretty good today. And you, Liz?”
“I'm doin' pretty well. Except for the fact that I'm freezing my butt off.”
“Yeah, that's a drawback.”, Bono says. “Can't believe I'm sayin' it but I can't wait to get to school.”

Edge, Bono, and I, all fall asleep in our seats and are only awoken by the jerk of the bus, stopping in front of the school.

We all get up and slowly make our way to our lockers and next, our homerooms.

Please share your comments and tell me if there should be more! :D :hug:

Last edited:
Bonogirl777 said:

“What's up with you Liz?”, he says.
“.......the ceiling.....”
Wow, he actually started laughing at my lame attempt! I did too but only because of his beautiful laugh. THIS was a very good sign.

:lmao:

Good Liz! :hug: :up:

Chapter Two

“Yearbook money is due today kids”, I hear my teacher say.
“Ooh, almost forgot.” I get up and hand my teacher the envelope enclosed with $25.
“Did you order yours Paul?”
“Yeah, but only cuz I wanna see the funny look on ole' Edge's face! Hahaha!”
“Oh you're cruel! Ha! Although, now that you say this, I am quite curious to see how Edge's picture turns out.”
“And ya' call me cruel!!!”, he replies.
“Well!”

The morning news FINALLY ends and the bell rings. We are dismissed to our first class of the day, woodworking/mechanical drawing. Eww. Well, it'll be better with all of my friends. Let's see, there's, of course, Paul and Dave. And then there's Annik (Bibs), Ash, Adge, Amber, and Austin. I like to call them Five A. And then there's FB. That's her nickname. I can't tell you her real name. She doesn't want me to. Don't have the slightest idea why.

Anywho, we all sit at our desks and start our drawings. All of the sudden, Edge passes me a note.

“Pssssst!! Chappy!!!! (my nickname in real life since my last name is Chaplin)
“Grrr, what now Edge?!”, I say under my breath.
“It's from Bibs and Amber.”
“Oh.” I open the note. It says, in the sloppy handwriting that is Bibs', “Hey, u on AIM 2night?”
I whisper back, “Of course!”

The teacher shoots a glare towards the group of us. “Why can't you just behave and do your work like the rest of the class. And if you keep this up like you have all week Dave, that may mean an after school detention with me.”

“Ooohhhh”, our peers say quietly to imply that he doesn't get his act together pretty quick, he's in for it.

“Wow Edge!” I silently say.
“Eh, whatever”, Edge says, just letting the matter slip by his head.

“Hey guys”, I say in a whisper again. “Wanna come over to my house today after school?”

Bono and Edge both come to a conclusion that they'll walk up to my house after their homework is done. Well.....most of their homework. No wonder detentions always sneak up behind them.

The rest of the game agrees that they can also attend.

“Great!”, I accidentily say in more than just a whisper.

“Elizabeth, I hope you're not taking after Dave”, my teacher flares.
“No”, I quickly get out of my mouth.

And so ends our first class.

Last edited:
Bonogirl777 said:
“Oh.” I open the note. It says, in the sloppy handwriting that is Bibs', “Hey, u on AIM 2night?”
I whisper back, “Of course!”

Why do I have to sloppy handwriting? :grumpy:

:lol:

It's good!

Why can't Amber have it?!

Or we could both have sloppy handwriting? Then we could be the same...:drool:

wait their on AIM? so this doesnt take place in the 70s?

...and edge so wants adge :wink:

thats cool youre writing now too

Chapter Three

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Dang, my locker's jammed!!!”, Bono grumbled.
“Want me to help you?”, I kindly say.
“Sure, go ahead. You'll embarrass yourself though.”

I probably will but, hey, what the heck.

I asked for his combination and, amazingly opened it with ease.

“Wow”, Bono simply said. “Thanks.”

Wow, was all I could think too. Ha!

So we both moved on to algebra, then to science, then to social studies. We were apart for reading. Edge and I were in all of each other's classes though. When we were told we needed partners, Adge always got him for a partner. Hmmmm.....

When reading was over, it went back to S.S. (social studies). Bono and I were partners for a project. The project was for researching a company of our choice. We researched a clothing industry. He was reluctant at first but after he learnt that poor, foreign people were working in sweatshops just to get these clothing items made, he was eager to start.

Bono, ever since I've known him, has always been conscious of other people's well-being. He's always been kind and caring. Just a very well rounded human being. He says when he gets older, he's gonna stop poverty and try to help the world all he can.

It was finally our time to present our slideshow. I took a deep breath. I'm not that good at getting up in front of people and talking, and when I was doing it with Bono.......it's like I didn't want to mess up in front of HIM even MORE. It's just embarrassing because.....he's so much better than me at talking out loud.

Well.....here we go.

“Hello, I'm Liz.”
“And I'm Paul.”
“We did our presentation on various clothing companies in America”, I said.

I saw all of my friends including Edge sitting still listening intently.

“Th....the”, oh no. I'm stuttering. What next?

I thought, “Oh God. This will NOT end well.”

So...whadya' think? :sexywink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom