Maybe Bono Will Finally Be A People Magazine "Sexiest Man"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
The People Magazine Sexiest Men/Man Alive issue is coming out (I know, it's of earthshattering importance) I was just browsing their web site and came upon this..under the home page-"what makes them sexy?" this doesn't mean he will make the issue but maybe..

http://people.aol.com/people/galleries/0,19884,1113899_1125164_8,00.html

bono.jpg

BONO:
THE CRUSADER
He sells out stadiums – but the international activist has an even more exclusive audience: heads of state. The U2 frontman, 45, recently sat down for lunch with President Bush and has brought together world leaders including Tony Blair (left) and Germany's Gerhard Schroeder in his quest to lower Third World debt. "I am blown away by this man," Oprah Winfrey once said about the singer. "He's kind of my religion," says Crossing Jordan star Jill Hennessy.

Last edited:
It would be awesome if he was featured. Does anyone know if he's ever been featured before? Perhaps in the 1980s as these issues are usually more like giant popularity contests (they're featuring Kanye West, I would hardly call him sexy -- ever). Bono is definetly one (if not THE) sexiest man alive, they should definetly include him. Maybe this will be the year. If they do, yay for new photos.

P.S. did you guys see the new Rolling Stone cover? I think I need to frame mine it's so <bleeping> gorgeous.

he's so sexy -- I wonder how's possible to leave him behind when speaking of hot guys

Moreover, as I've already told a lot of times, "Bono" in Italian slung meas "hot guy"... he HAS to be listed between the sexiest men on earth, especially because of his personality!!

I really hope he makes the list (not to mention makes THE COVER). I wish we were allowed to vote on this one..... I don't want to see another "Orlando Bloom type" on the cover.... (apologies to all the ladies that are Orlando fans!! :ohmy: )
I think it's time they put a REAL MAN on the cover... Go BONO!!!

Meh, I'm not much for Orlando Bloom. I'm curious who they'll include this year. Since they're usually just reflections of the year's popular movies and there weren't a bunch of huge hits this year. They really ought to at least include Bono.

hcbiggs2002 said:
It's not just his physic that makes Bono so sexy but his ideals and his passions.:bow: :bono: :drool:

I think you mean "physique" -- from what I understand, Indian food keeps Bono from ever needing a physic. :wink:

I'm sure the White Aryan Resistance has a "Sexiest Man" cover story in their newsletter every year, but I wouldn't want to see Our Bon on that, and I sure as shit don't want to see him on People Magazine's. He's not cheap, and I don't want to see him trumpeted by something that specializes in cheap. He is already suffering from mainstream overexposure; better you should suffer from radiation exposure, less damaging!

lady luck said:
he's so sexy -- I wonder how's possible to leave him behind when speaking of hot guys

Moreover, as I've already told a lot of times, "Bono" in Italian slung meas "hot guy"... he HAS to be listed between the sexiest men on earth, especially because of his personality!!

I totally agree with you. I am happy that the people who know what Bono is about realize that he is sexy on so many levels. It does not bother me that he is not in the same magizine as Justin Timberlake and the rest of them that are overexposed just for there looks. yet completely oblivious to what is going on in this world outside of Hollywood.

Bono is the full package.

dsmith2904 said:
Start writing letters to the editors of People and explain why you think Bono should be included in the issue. If enough readers write in, it could make a difference.

That's really something to ponder :hmm: Would certainly draw their attention towards Bono.

I think that is a good idea too, but I also do not want Bono to get the wrong type of media attention either. Having him in mags as a "sex symbol" is great , no doubt about that. I also feel like that may take away from the more important things Bono is well known for, like his political and social veiws as far as the media is concerned. We know Bono is capable of being sexy and rightous at the same time.

Last edited:
I'm sure the White Aryan Resistance has a "Sexiest Man" cover story in their newsletter every year, but I wouldn't want to see Our Bon on that, and I sure as shit don't want to see him on People Magazine's. He's not cheap, and I don't want to see him trumpeted by something that specializes in cheap. He is already suffering from mainstream overexposure; better you should suffer from radiation exposure, less damaging!

No, this is simply for other's benifit. More people need to catch the Bono bug! Hehe, that and we would surely get a new, sexy picture. That's the only purely selfish reason. Haha.

I just saw on AOL a list of the contenders for People's sexiest man alive this year. Bono's name isn't on it in fact it's just the usual ones. Here are the contenders: Antonio Banderes,Kayne West,Orlando Bloom,Patrick Dempsey,George Clooney,Jake Gyllenhaal,Daniel Dea Kim,Brad Pitt,Owen Wilson and Matthew McConaughey.

hcbiggs2002 said:
Thanks for the spelling lesson Feelinnumb!! I've always been a crap speller as far as the English language is concerned but my Finnish is perrrfect!!:evil:

Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't giving you a spelling lesson, I was having fun with a typo -- it's an old joke that stems from a Paul Newman line in a film whose name has just flown out of my head: "Are you psychic?" "No, I'm physic, I can predict all your future movements!":wink:

Actually, I'm surprised you have trouble spelling English, it's such an easy and consistent language:huh: :ohmy:

BonosBaby12 said:
I just saw on AOL a list of the contenders for People's sexiest man alive this year. Bono's name isn't on it in fact it's just the usual ones. Here are the contenders: Antonio Banderes,Kayne West,Orlando Bloom,Patrick Dempsey,George Clooney,Jake Gyllenhaal,Daniel Dea Kim,Brad Pitt,Owen Wilson and Matthew McConaughey.

Those are the "basic " Hollywood types that are always on there

I think they should spice it up a bit!!!

:yawn: That list sound like a popularity contest to me

Bono's Doll said:
Maybe he's too sexy--he just doesn't want to make the others look bad. That's just the way he is. :drool:

I like the sound of that:yes:
:hmm: Perhaps there should be a list of people worthy to be on the same list as Bono.:wink:

Bono's list of Hotties:
1. Adam Clayton (you had to see that one comming)
2. Larry Mullen Jr.
3.The Edge
4.Ali Hewson
5.incert your favorite here:

Yeah I thought it was a popularity contest when I read the list. Im sorry but George Clooney? :yuck: . And is it just me or is Brad Pitt pretty much overrated? Personally I have never cared for him to begin with. Whatever happened to finding REAL men for the sexiest guy alive?

I agree B'sBaby, I do not understand why Brad has to be on the list EVERY single year:rolleyes:
I would like to see some unknown humanitarian's on the list.
Perhaps a hot fireman or pediatric doctors, something along those lines.

Bono is a million times sexier than Brad Pitt, George Clooney, David Beckam, et al put togethar! :combust:

Back
Top Bottom