Maybe Bono Will Finally Be A People Magazine "Sexiest Man"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonosBaby12 said:
You know there are some pretty hot firemen out there! Know of a couple that could put out my fire any day,hehe.
You know what they say about firemen--they find 'em hot & leave 'em wet. :drool:

BonosBaby12 said:
You know there are some pretty hot firemen out there! Know of a couple that could put out my fire any day,hehe.

I was just thinking the same thing.. The fire captin here in my city looks like a Paul Mcguiness back in the JT era. He is one of the nicest men I know.:cute:

Nov 16th is the big day :wink: usually they have the top ten or whatever then subcategories- maybe Bono will make sexiest musician

McConaughey the Sexiest Man Alive?

Is the field narrowing for People's Sexiest Man Alive? According to the New York Post, the mag is strongly leaning towards the toned abs and surprisingly robust hairline of Matthew McConaughey.

If selected, the laid-back actor will join the exclusive ranks of Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Johnny Depp, along with the less rarefied company of Nick Nolte (we're not kidding -- the grizzled actor was actually the pick for the hottest guy on the planet in 1992) and onetime "Ghost" star Patrick Swayze.

McConaughey seems a bit of a left-field choice given the tepid box office returns of "Sahara" and "Two for the Money," not to mention his under-the-radar, headline-light romance with Penélope Cruz. Still, in recent weeks, he's put forward a strong case for the title as paparazzi have captured him sweating up a storm (in a good way) while working out.

So far, the onetime bongo-pounding hunk has managed to capture nearly a quarter of the magazine's 160,000-plus online votes, although Patrick Dempsey, star of the smash hit "Grey's Anatomy," is close behind (the last TV star to nab the honor was Harry Hamlin back in 1987).

The rest of the pack includes pretty-but-not-all-that-sexy Orlando Bloom; dreamy-eyed "Jarhead" star Jake Gyllenhaal (our personal fave); 1997 winner Clooney; "Lost" castaway Daniel Dae Kim; and Pitt, who's taken the title twice before, in 1995 and 2000. Bringing up the rear are Antonio Banderas, Owen Wilson and Kanye West, who, together, have received a mere 7 percent of the vote.

But People insists it is still meticulously researching the hotness levels of several big name contenders. "Lots of sexy guys are up for this year's Sexiest Man Alive," a spokeswoman tells the paper. "No final decision is made until the last possible moment." The official dreamboat will be announced on Nov. 16.

Thank you MrsSpringsteen for the information.:up:

:ohmy: Kanye West eh!!
I think he will spice that otherwise :yawn: list .
I like thw LOST guy (Daniel Dea Kim) he is a great actor.
I agree with you MrsS., Jake Gyllennal is really :drool: I also think they should add Jamie Fox too. IMO

Looking forward to Nov 14th and 16th:hyper:

well I think ever Brad Pitt got into cool movies (sev7n, fight club) he has become sexy 'coz he is not boring anmyore.

Same with Clooney.. after from dusk till dawn i forgive him every sappy movie :D

Bono is not on because it is about obvious beauty. That does not include a small guy with receeding hairline, lines in his face and a belly :p

Bono has charisma.. that is powerfull sexyness that i salso subjective (even more than the obvious) and the less the guys sexyness gets hyped the less we have to share them ;)

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:
It's about time that they acknowledged that
a) Six-packs aren't the only things that make a man sexy
b) It's about more than looks
c) It's about more than movie stars.

Oh yeah, and most importanly, that Bono is the hottest :combust: around!

:wink:

It's always about six-packs and good looks.

Six-packs, just like huge muscles, have never done it for me, personally :shrug:. Every guy I've ever liked has never had a six-pack. And good looks...well, that's subjective.

Anywho, still hoping that Bono will be in the magazine. And heh, MrsSpringsteen, if that news about McConaughey being considered is true, my family's gonna have to get that issue-my sister finds him quite attractive, and she would be quite the happy camper if that happened :p.

We'll have to wait and see, I guess...hope this issue will be a good one (and yes, totally agree with you guys about Justin Timberlake and the guys who normally get picked for these issues and people like that. Never found 'em attractive at all, either).

Angela

I don't even know half the people on that list :der:

Bono was robbed :sad:

He ought to be on top all the time! :ohmy: :drool:

actually it says on the site that he's the "sexiest humanitarian"

1985: Bono – a budding activist dabbling with Amnesty International – led U2 at Live Aid, the concert that raised $160 million for African famine relief.

2005: Bono – who's worked tirelessly for Third World debt relief – performed with his band at Live 8 to raise awareness of African poverty and target $25 billion in aid. "Bono's in love with the world," concert organizer Bob Geldof told Time. "He wants to embrace it."

bono.jpg

MrsSpringsteen said:
Bono lost because he never played the bongos while naked

let'g go to Bono and ask him to do so!

I don't like McConaughey...

I mean, can he really be considered sexier then all other men on earth?

No, no no no no no!!

I bought the magazine today and Bono is in it. It lists him in the smart guy section. :drool:

This is what it says

How smart is he? He was nominated for a nobel peace prize.---This policy wonk in rock star's clothing can talk nitty-gritty economics with presidents and prime ministers and still own the microphone after nearly 30 years onstage. Alternating between Oval Office powwows and sold-out arena gigs, the U2 frontman has the kind of electricity that can make even European Union trade proposals sound sexy. A shake-the rafters music god with change the world ambitions? Rock on.

It has the picture with him looking down and holding his head.

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
actually it says on the site that he's the "sexiest humanitarian"

1985: Bono – a budding activist dabbling with Amnesty International – led U2 at Live Aid, the concert that raised $160 million for African famine relief.

2005: Bono – who's worked tirelessly for Third World debt relief – performed with his band at Live 8 to raise awareness of African poverty and target $25 billion in aid. "Bono's in love with the world," concert organizer Bob Geldof told Time. "He wants to embrace it."

bono.jpg

wow that second pic is hot :heart: :heart:
B hunny should wear jeans more often!!!!!!!!!

U2Girl1978 said:
I bought the magazine today and Bono is in it. It lists him in the smart guy section. :drool:

This is what it says

How smart is he? He was nominated for a nobel peace prize.---This policy wonk in rock star's clothing can talk nitty-gritty economics with presidents and prime ministers and still own the microphone after nearly 30 years onstage. Alternating between Oval Office powwows and sold-out arena gigs, the U2 frontman has the kind of electricity that can make even European Union trade proposals sound sexy. A shake-the rafters music god with change the world ambitions? Rock on.

It has the picture with him looking down and holding his head.

Oh, coooooool. So my sister and I will both have reasons to rejoice at the issue-she'll have Matthew to drool over (never had a thing for the guy either, myself, but meh...*Shrugs*), and I'll have Bono :D.

Smart guys...:drool:...

Angela

Back
Top Bottom