"Mary J. Blige feat. U2" ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elisa519_U2adik

The Fly
shouldn't it be "U2 feat. MJB"??
:eyebrow:

sorry... i just saw the video; that's what it says in the vid i saw.
thought of posting a topic here.. sorry if this was discussed already

They have Run DMC feat. Aerosmith for Walk This Way. It's just basically a cover, by the first named artists, featuring the original artists in the song, so really it should be Mary J. Blige. Although sometimes it says Mary J. Blige feat. Bono, and I'm all "What happened to the rest of the band?"

The only thing that bothers me is that all the idiots who are my age (16) who don't know anything about U2 but who listen to Mary think that it's originally her song and that U2 plays on it with her. :| :lol: I have had people come up to me and say, "OMG!! Did you hear Mary J. Blige's new song?? U2 played on it with her!" and I'm like, "Um, yeah. That's actually a U2 song that she covered." :laugh:

that's really sad, that they only do Mary J Blidge ft Bono..
at least it's U2 here...
I think it should've been Mary J Blidge AND U2...

It should be Mary J Blige feat. U2. They wrote the song, but she's the one who decided to cover it. It's her single. If U2 had decided to re-record it with her, then it would be U2 feat. MJB.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
It should be Mary J Blige feat. U2. They wrote the song, but she's the one who decided to cover it. It's her single. If U2 had decided to re-record it with her, then it would be U2 feat. MJB.

I think you’re correct. I’ve seen “Mary J Blidge featuring Bono” and that’s wrong.
I do enjoy the version of the song on the video and I hope Mary J’s fans enjoy it too because it’s a damn great song no matter who sings it.

Well, see, what happened was:
1. Larry ran away.
2. Adam did some mysterious power weaving over some nefarious womenfolks..
3. Edge started on some quantum physics and forgot to play.
4. And Bono? Who the hell knows?

On Mary J. Blige's cd, however, all the other songs with other performers are "featuring so and so," but One is "Mary J. Blige and U2."

i would assume that in the booklet for the breakthrough U2 are thanked and appropriately cerdited, something like
Music and Lyrics by U2
Performed By Mary J Blige and U2
or Vocals By Mary J Blige and Bono and Music by U2
then the usual stuff about universal copyright ect.

I don't know why I watch VH 1 in the mornings to see this video--I guess for my U2 fix--but it really is bad. I don't think the video has made in the top 20 yet & has been out several weeks. I'm sorry, MJB just screams the song. Bono screams without raising his voice. :(

Back
Top Bottom