Making of JT screencaps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaleBlueDot

War Child
Just got the JT DVD. I really liked it -- even more than I thought I would. I love Bono's facial expressions, getting all shy and stuff, while he and Danny listen to his voice in the studio. And I find myself watching the "Hallelujah" ending of Running to Stand Still over and over again...But I can't watch the song itself. The imagery that Bono creates there just spooks me too much. Same with Bullet in the Blue Sky from the Elevation DVD -- can't watch that, either.

Anyway -- has anyone done screencaps of it here? I feel like wasting some time. :)

Dot.

ME: if they don't reply, I'm going to bed
CMM: YOu're gonna be hard-pressed for a man. You're gonna want instant gratification in sex all th e time.
ME: come again?
CMM: Dude, just let it simmer a bit.

Dot.

OK. Here we go. I think y'all are sleeping, that's why no replies. ::nods::

Alrightythen...

cap054.JPG

cap068.JPG

cap069.JPG

cap072.JPG

::gets chills running down her back::

Last edited:
Kristie said:
I have, but I have... like a whole freaking lot of them.
Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

Oh no, I meant I was going to post some. But I didn't want to if it had been done before. But now that I've started....dunno if I can stop! lol!

Dot.

And Bono acting all cute and bashful!

cap079.JPG

They're listening to his voice part on Still Haven't Found, and he just sorta coughs and fidgets shyly, to which Danny goes "I know you want to talk, but let's just listen to this for a bit."

I remember reading once that he was at a stoplight in his car once and MLK came on the radio, and he saw people in other cars looking at him, and he could feel his face going red. So cute.

I know it's weird for some people to think of Bono as being bashful about anything, but he is. His voice is one of them. When he's performing -- you know, in the moment -- he doesn't think about it. But when he is listening to his own voice, especially when he's really giving it his all in the song, it's actually a little embarassing. And rightfully so, because when you put yourself out there emotionally the way he does, it does make you vulnerable. But what he can't see unless he's on stage, is the power and the force that creates for the listener.

And then he does it again later...

"That's Bono's guitar."
"That's the first time anyone's ever said that!"

cap128.JPG

cap131.JPG

Bono: *looks real interested in what's going on*
cap126.JPG

Last edited:
Larry pushes his hair back all sexy-like. :drool:

cap097.JPG

I don't think I even remember what he was saying, here. I was just...watching him...in awe.

cap091.JPG

Larry plays the fake drooms.
cap177.JPG

Baby Larry plays the drooms.

cap168.JPG

Last edited:
Guitar lessons with Mr. The Edge

cap087.JPG

Mr. The Edge proudly shows off his prized possession.

cap114.JPG

cap116.JPG

"And THAT -- believe it or not -- is the 4 track cassette which had the demo for Where the Streets Have No Name. The first time I tried to record it was in the house, with just a guitar, and a drum machine, and some keyboards."

adamswildhoney said:
wow! i need to get this dvd!!!:drool:

It was made a while ago so it's nothing to write home about as far as DVD's go. But if you're the type who loves behind-the-scenes stuff, it's great. I am kind of a techie, and I love to see how things are done. So for me, this is great. But for some, it might be a little boring. But there is also a lot of footage that I've never seen anywhere else, such as some video of the JT cover photo shoot.

Dot.

Mothers of the Dissappeared

cap100.JPG

cap099.JPG

cap106.JPG

Bono showing off the tenor skills he inherited from his old man. ;)
cap105.JPG

cap102.JPG

cap104.JPG

What went on in Central America, as Adam said in the video, really hit home with Bono. But a possible reason why is something you may not know -- These so-called "Disappearances" was something that also used to happen in Northern Ireland. During the 1970's, the IRA abducted and murdered ten people, refusing to admit where they were buried or even that they were involved with the Disappearances at all, until President Clinton intervened in the late 1990's.

This is Anton Corbin...

cap111.JPG

...He makes me wet.

Did you know Anton is something like 6'2"? Very tall guy. Even taller than the "Yah-shua" Tree. :lol:

cap143.JPG

cap150.JPG

Bono not paying attention in class. As usual.

cap089.JPG

cap090.JPG

Cigarette-Smoking Man! (The good one. The only one I'd kiss!)

cap121.JPG

::Wants to touch:: ...but sadly he's behind glass. :(

cap125.JPG

cap153.JPG

cap179.JPG

Ok. All Done. Bye-bye. :wave:

Dot.

PaleBlueDot said:

It was made a while ago so it's nothing to write home about as far as DVD's go. But if you're the type who loves behind-the-scenes stuff, it's great. I am kind of a techie, and I love to see how things are done. So for me, this is great. But for some, it might be a little boring. But there is also a lot of footage that I've never seen anywhere else, such as some video of the JT cover photo shoot.

Dot.
:combust: wow wow wow!!!!!...so how is this dvd called??

It's called "U2: the Joshua Tree" and it appears to be part of a series of documentaries that were made on the making of some of the greatest albums in the history of rock. Distributed by Image Entertainment. The cover design really sucks -- but it's what's on the inside that counts. ;)

cap137.JPG

cap138.JPG

Oh no...Bono's driving... :uhoh: :slant: :ohmy: :eek:

Last edited:
Random Adam: Playing the *awesome* bass part he came up with that MAKES Bullet in the Blue Sky what it is. :bow: I am not worthy.

cap201.JPG

cap203.JPG

The footage we all would give our right arms to see in it's entirety:

cap199.JPG

cap194.JPG

cap193.JPG

cap191.JPG

cap190.JPG

I wish I had a whole tape of that, Martha, but don't waste your money if that's what you want. There is VERY little footage of the JT era outdoor stuff, only a few fleeting seconds, maybe a minute total on the tape. The rest of it is rather dull, Bono and Edge and Lanois discussing studio stuff, Bono looks about 55 years old. It was a big disappointment and I'm sorry I bought it:(

PaleBlueDot said:
It's called "U2: the Joshua Tree" and it appears to be part of a series of documentaries that were made on the making of some of the greatest albums in the history of rock. Distributed by Image Entertainment. The cover design really sucks -- but it's what's on the inside that counts. ;)
*happy runs to the shop*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom