MACK the knife....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
or just Mack the furball??

Trying this pic again, grrr..
jQ95516.jpg

here's a rather interesting interview from the always unusual Boner and his irregular heart....geez, he sounds like Mona in this one!
wink.gif

The Q 100 interview: BONO
Interview by Adrian Deevoy

How the devil are you?
Why, is the question. Why the devil am I? Why, Why, Why? That's what everyone keeps asking me. Why?

What's this new image all about? You look like a Puerto Rican pimp on honeymoon.
It's all about Cuba. Summer holidays. Have one of these(proffers mini-cigars and light). See what you think. Your image might change.

(puff puff) That's really disgusting.
You're not really going to interview me, are you?

Certainly am.
I knew I should have left earlier. It's a buffet lunch too and I'm used to silver service.

You're looking well.
A picture of youth in a four poster bed. A picture of daddy overhead. Oh, God gave you beauty, oh God made you true. But you know, you've got to give the devil is due.

How very true that is. How many of these things are you smoking a day?
I only smoke at night. With the light on. Or in the afternoonwith them off. I just do what I'm told.

What do you think of when you think of Q?
Uhhm. Questions and answers.Quick. Quantity. Quality. Queens. Queer-bashing.

Do you like Oasis?
(Cockney accent) Yeah, they're all right. I really like them. Good album.

How did you de-zoo TV yourself?
I turned my telly off. It was simple.

Has your white dot receded?
Out of view. There was nothing left. the trasmission had well and truly run its course.

Did you keep thinking, God, it's nine o'clock, I'm going to have to go on stage in a minute?
Yeah, it got a bit messy. But nothing a five-year-old child couldn't sort out.

How are the little loves?
Ah, great.

What the king of vegetable kingdom?
The king of vegetable kingdom? Did you hear about the popular vegetarian who died?

No, what happened to the popular vegetarian who died
There was a big turn-up at his funeral! Turn-up, turnip. So, today, it would be a big turnip.

What is the prince of cheeses?
Cheese. The prince of cheeses. Can I have Galtee? No? Are you going to ask a hundred questions? That's an awful lot of questions?(Groans) I might have to owe you 50 or so. (sings) "You say you've lost your love/ Well I saw her yesterday/ It's you she's thinking of." This is a duet. We're both smoking.

Your chest has got very hairy.
Well, I have to tell you something and I hate to do this in public but (opens frankly Hawaiin shirt). Someone shaved it recently

Whatever for?
For medical reasons. The put a whole pile of pincers to my heart. I did an insurance medical and apparently I have what's known in the business as an eccentric heart.

What does it mean? Irregular beats?
Irregular beats! I can't keep it in four four.

Have you found your chest has got hairier in recent years?
Hairier. Not as well as your head. That's really doing great. Where is Bob Geldof? Have you seen him recenty?

Not in a while.
But Bob is with us. He is everywhere. Ever present. Ever ready. Ask me another.

How have you evolved as a person?
Viva devolution! I met Paula Yets when I was 17 and she made me feel 17. In fact, she made me feel 7. We met in McGonagal's in Dublin, The Crystal Ballroom where my mother and father used to dance and it was turned into a punk club in the late '70s.

Did you fancy her immediately?
I fancied Bob, actually. I was trying to get to him through her.I was going to use Paula as a condom.

How much do you fancy Michael Hutchence?
How much? I fancy his shoes. Start with the shoes and lick your way up. The rest would sort itself out. But that would be the best way with Mick, I reckon. At this juncture, I'd like to (lifts shoe on to table) present...

They seem to be made out of parquet flooring.
Good band INXS, aren't they? I really like them.

Whendid you last have a smoochie dance?
A real smoochie dance? I danced every night under a mirror ball with a young lady from the ZOO TV crowd. Every night during Love Is Blindness. They were amazing. I love it so much. Some nights I fell in love. I never really spoke to these people, but that's OK.

Did it feel intimate?
Sometimes. And sometimes I'd have to gently tell them to be quiet. SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO THE MUSIC! that type of thing. But very rarely. I was a gentleman most times.

And since then, smoochie dance-wise?
Well, now you're asking.

What's the story of your necklace? You've worn it for a long while now.
( Fingers silver link necklace) It's a Jaqueline raver. Do you know Jaqui raven? She's the best designer of jewellery in this country.

What car are you driving at the moment?
I've a 1974 Cortina. Lemon. A good car for seeing Rock'n'Roll.

Any thoughts on the Vauxhall Viva 1100?
Sturdy car.

Has Macphisto gone?
He's gone to bed, covered his head and won't get up till Monday.

Where does he live?
I don't want to know any more. I've had it with him. Although they ask him to stare in Batman, which I thought was quite a good idea. Here put these on ( removes dark glasses, places them on reporter's nose and takes a polaroid) There! That's your first album cover.

Why have you persisted with the sunglasses?
I have to have the goggles because of their posing...um...um...posing...erm, posing...what's the word I'm looking for?

Posing pouch?
Yes, posing pouch. They have a certain posing pouch appeal. They are also very handy if you have a migraine. They protect the baby blues.

Do you get migraines?
Yeah, I get them from flash guns.

Tell us a joke.
No! That's the joke.

Where are you off to?
There are duties to perform. Babies to talk to, politicians to kiss on the head. Gotta go. See you later, man. And don't forget. Viva rock'n'Roll!

Viva the Vauxhall Viva!
Viva Las Vegas! See ya, baby! *SO Bono!*

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 12-06-2001).]

The king of vegetable kingdom? Did you hear about the popular vegetarian who died?

No, what happened to the popular vegetarian who died
There was a big turn-up at his funeral! Turn-up, turnip. So, today, it would be a big turnip.

LOL...too funny! I love these interviews!

hippy

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Originally posted by Discoteque:

Your chest has got very hairy.
Well, I have to tell you something and I hate to do this in public but (opens frankly Hawaiin shirt). Someone shaved it recently

I love it!!! Silly hairy Bono! I love him more and more every minute. I've never seen this before. Thanks for posting!

But, I can't see the image. Is it just me!?!?

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono
"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet." - Bono
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 12-06-2001).]

thanks, disco!
smile.gif

------------------
Happy Hannukah!

"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

he's nuts!

1433.gif

thanks disco!

915.gif
<-- cuban bono

------------------
Bono: There is a bit of my guitar playing, but honestly it's sad.
Larry: It is. But Bono looks great with it.

Devotion And some appreciation
Little heavy rotation Looks good on me

* U2 Take Me Higher *

Back
Top Bottom