Lovey Dovey, you felt Larry up? Really? Please share!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bjork

Acrobat
I'm dying to hear this story. Seeing the words "Larry" and "felt up" in the same sentence nearly made me fall out of my chair.

I love Miss Mac's story !

Though I would like to see the pic someday!
smile.gif

------------------
And time is a string of pearls...

Yeah, can we have a re-cap? I'm obviously very behind in stories....didn't know about Melpop, don't know this story....

Sure, np! Thanks for asking!!!
smile.gif

I love telling this story, of course, its just that i cant tell it without getting all worked and and SHRIEKING AND SQUEALING AND TYPING LIKE THIS!!!!
biggrin.gif

Argh, its almost closing time here though, so I gotta run home.
I'll try to get on my landlords comp at home and see if theyll let me use it for a bit.
smile.gif

*Takes a chill pill first*
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
*Ya Just cant get enough, of that Lovey Dovey stuff...*

" And to think I actually TOUCHED that tight, hard body!" - Miss MacPhisto

Originally posted by Lovey Dovey:
Sure, np! Thanks for asking!!!
smile.gif

I love telling this story, of course, its just that i cant tell it without getting all worked and and SHRIEKING AND SQUEALING AND TYPING LIKE THIS!!!!
biggrin.gif

Argh, its almost closing time here though, so I gotta run home.
I'll try to get on my landlords comp at home and see if theyll let me use it for a bit.
smile.gif

*Takes a chill pill first*
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

*wait*
*wait*
biggrin.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Blah, theyre only letting me use thier comp for a few minutes, not enough time for this story! BAH!!!!
mad.gif

Oh well, its worth waiting for!
wink.gif

Not the most fantastic story ever told on Interference, but...eh. Not too shabby!
biggrin.gif

BB tomorrow evening.
smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Lovey Dovey:
Blah, theyre only letting me use thier comp for a few minutes, not enough time for this story! BAH!!!!
mad.gif

Oh well, its worth waiting for!
wink.gif

Not the most fantastic story ever told on Interference, but...eh. Not too shabby!
biggrin.gif

BB tomorrow evening.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Bjork:
I'm dying to hear this story. Seeing the words "Larry" and "felt up" in the same sentence nearly made me fall out of my chair.

Heck, it made me have to get up and go change my unmentionables!
you MUST post that story, and soon!

------------------
Larrysgirl:)

Um,ok.
Sorry I got distracted there.
frown.gif

Heres part one of my incredible experince!
*starts uncontrollably shrieking out the story!*
Well, after the show, Camilo(U2LA) who drove me to the show, had told me to RUN right for the car immediately afdter the show, cuz he had to leave and couldnt wait around for the band to come out, and he didnt think it too likely the band would make an appearance anyway.
So i tried to leave, but got caught in the crowd, and kept running into Wirelings I knew, and had to talk to them.
So by the time i got to the lot, Camilo and his friends had left. I didnt know what to do, i didnt really want to try calling friends to pick me up all the way over in Anaheim at that time of night, and i didnt have the money for a taxi all the way back.
So i decided to just stay for awhile and hang out and see if maybe,just maybe, i'd see the band again(i'd already spoken to Bono and Edeg before the show).
Well, their are 2 exits, and i waited at one, near a party under a tent that was going on for the VIPs. I saw Salman Rushdie, other celebs.
Then ADAM appears!!!! I moved over and tried to get his autograph, but he only signed a few, waved, and moved onto the party(typical!
biggrin.gif
). He looked good though.
Then Edgey appears! He didnt sign, he said (in an oh-so-typical quiet and thoughtful Edge voice)"I'm not going to sign, I just wanted to thank all of you for coming out tonight..." and something along those lines. He is very sweet! I shouted thank YOU to him, and he smiled and moved on.
I kept waiting, and got talking to this lady from Boston. She said that in all the concerts of U2s she'd been to, she had gotten to see Bono and Edge, but never Larry. I think Adam too, i dont really remember now.
So i told her how i had gotten a glimpse of Larry arriving at a Popmart show. She said i was really lucky, that most people dont even get that, and that its extremely difficult to get to even get to see him.
So we waited, but no one came out, it was almost 1am.
I next got talking to a girl from Japan, who told me how she got to interview Bono once, i think for a Japanese newspaper?
I told her about the pix i had taken of Bono and Edge, and asked if i could maybe send her to them. I said sure, no problem.
We waited somemore, and suddenly there was a commontion at the exit further away from us. It was dark,and we couldnt see who it was, but it looked like a blond haired man, i could just barely se him from behind. A murmur arose in the crowd that it was Larry. We gasped, and stared.He left quickly. Then Tomoko(the girl from Japan) said she was gonna go over there and find out if it had indeed been him. She ran over, and the lady from Boston told me "Well, at least you got to SEE him".
Later on, she came back and reported that it "wasnt Larry"!!! Hope was still alive!

------------------

So after all that, you didn't even get to see Larry? It wasn't even him? That sucks, but at least you got to meet Edge,Bono and Adam. That's pretty cool. It's more than I've done LOL. I've met Adam, but not Larry,Edge or Bono. Adam's a sweetie, and I've heard Bono and Edge are very nice, down to earth guys as well. How did you end up getting home?

Thanks for sharing your story with us

Oh, I'm sorry, didn't mean to jump ahead. Can't wait to hear the rest, sounds like a quite a night.

Adam was very gracious, and very friendly. We must have spent at 10 minutes just talking. He's very funny and very cute in person LOL, I have a little crush on him. We even got some pictures taken, and he graciously signed our CD's. He was very nice, and I'll never forget that moment.

*bounces*
need more of the story!!! suspense is killing me!

*bounce*

------------------
xoxo,
chelsea

i'm looking through your window
i'm walking through your doorway
i'm on the outside, let me in....let me love you.

you said... maybe... said I want to have your baby...BABY
we could make something beautiful
something that wouldn't be a problem
at least not in... miami

I can't change the world,
But I can change the world in me.
I REJOICE!!

OKOKOK...Hee hee hee,heres the rest of it:

Well, i couldnt wait all night, and i still didnt know how to get home. I figured i would have to ask a wireling for a ride, but since i hate to ask people for favors if i cant someone do something to repay them, i wasnt too keen on that idea, but what choice did i have?
Then Tomoko and I exchanged email addresses so i could send her my pix, and i had an idea, and told her i had no way to get home, could she possibly drive me part way? She didnt mind at all, she said, and could even drive me the whole way! Yay!
So, we waited a bit longer, then figured we'd just better go, nothing was happening and it was after 1am.
We got in her car, buckled up, and drove off. We were going down this alley, past the venue, and we suddenly noticed a small, but extremely excited crowd gathered. Tomoko turned, looked at me, and said "What do you think? Should we go see??" It only took a spilt second for me to respond a nervous and eager "YES"..
She pulled over to the side of the alley, and we scrambled out as fast as we possibly could.
We RACED the short distance and manuevered through the crowd(there really werent very many people there though). We glanced around, and at first, i couldnt really see anyone, just fans.
Then, as if in a movie...the crowd magically parted...And there...before me...with a sort of aura around him as though he were some sort of God...
Was none other than...

------------------

....A big beefy security guard.

But, NO!!!!!!
IT was LARRY!!!!!!!!!!!
Just standing there! Then some woman started talking and she then went and stood next to Larry and someone took her pic.
At least, i think thats what happened. I was so floored at seeing Larry, that pretty much all i noticed and remember was LARRY.
biggrin.gif

Then, suddenly and strangely enough, he was ALONE. NO ONE was talking to him, getting their pic taken, no one was really even bothering with him at all!
He was now just standing there, with a slight smirk on his face, maybe not totally at ease, but confident nonetheless. His hands were in his pockets,i think???
He was fidgeting a little, sort of rocking slightly in place, or just basically fidgeting...
I saw my chance. here it was. He was not busy, there was nothing stopping me. And he probably would be leaving soon, so it was now or never.
I gathered up all my courage, wiped the drool off my face, controlled my hyperventilating, and said, in a breathy, sweet, polite, but eager voice:
"Larry?"
His eyes, which were focused sort of above the crowd, looking at no one in particular, flicked to his right, then moved slightly down, and MET MY GAZE!
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
I gulped, but continued:
"...Could I Pleasee get my photo taken with you?"
He didnt say a word. Not a word. Didnt even nod. But he stopped his fidgeting, and,like in a movies happy ending where boy meets girl or band member meets Pleban...he...

Took a few steps torwards me, and raised his right arm, moving it away from his body so he could put it around me!
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just stared, my eyes bugging out, my throat tight, the only thought in my racing mind: WahguhwuhguhwuhguhwuhguhwuhguhwuhguhwuhguhwuhguhguhguhguhguhguhguhOOOOOOOOHHHHHHMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYGGGGGOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD.....!
The adrenoline was racing, my heart was [pounding, i was trembling, i could barely make my legs move.
But somehow, i managed to slowly, shakily move forward torward awaiting Larry, trying to make this moment last as long as possible!
When i reached him, i babbled that he was awesome tonight(yes, i know that sounds sexual!But hey, it's larry!
biggrin.gif
). He smirked, we turned torwards Tomoko, and he VERY slowly, gently, rested his arm around my waist. I didnt want to offend him in anyway, so i gently rested my left arm around him, and, not knowing when i'd get another chance, veeeerrrrrrryyyy slightly began feeling his ...er....mid back area(what?! what are you looking at?!))! I felt his shoulder bone, his side a bit...It was much harder than i would have thought. Very tight, very warm. His jacket was soft...
Tomoko couldnt seem to get my camera to work(yay!) so we had to stand there longer. Again, realizing my unique opportunity, i pressed closer to Larry, turning my left cheek torwards his...er...moobs...till i was just barely touching them. I had the most idiotic smile on my face, and a crazed look in my eyes, but, that cant be helped!
Tomoko snapped the pic, and Larry slowly released me(though not as slowly as i wouldve liked!
wink.gif
)
Another lady got her pic with him, but the flash didnt go off, so Larry had to stand there somemore. People laughed nervously, and i said "Poor Larry!" He rolled his eyes and smirked!LMFAO!
Then he turned and headed away, but Tomoko hadnt had her chance! She bounced (for some reason i just have this image in my mind of her actually bouncing torwards him,LOL!) over to him, but a bodyguard stood between her and her destiny, and he put up his hand and she bounced off of it.
Then Larry turned around and saw her. She held out her arms at him, he turned around and held out his, and she just bounced over and - LITERALLY_ just FLUNG herself into his arms in an embrace that made me squeal out loud! I just put my face in my hands and watched them! It was SO sweet!
Then a man said "Ok, everybody happy?" and Larry briskly walked torwards his black towncar, shut the door, and drove off.
frown.gif

We watched him leave, shouted our goodbyes and take cares, and shakily walked back to the car. When we got inside, we COLLAPSED, and seriously strted hyperventilating! We just stared at each other and made these ungodly sounds, just gasps, and squeals, and giggles, and breathy shrieks! We just could NOT believe our luck! It was totally fate, it was just unbelievable!
I warned her to be careful she got on the right freeway, and to not drive off of it! We were in shock the entire time, so for most of the ride we were pretty quite,smiling broadly, and still making silly sounds!
When she dropped me off, i told her to dream sweet dreams of Larry!
I mailed her my pix, though i still have some others i should send her.
smile.gif

Anyway, that was basically it...And thinking about this again, I'm still in shock!

------------------

Question...
biggrin.gif

You said you met Larry in Anaheim - which show?

Because I heard the same exact voice, which I thought was Larry's say, "Everybody happy?" and that was at Anaheim 1. I was the last person he took a picture with that night and from what I could tell, he left right afterwards.

WOW. I'm assuming you met him at Anaheim 2 or 3??? The VIP tent wasn't up on the first night.

Wow wow wow wow. Yay for you!
smile.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Actually, it was night 1!!!
eek.gif

Did your camera misfire or something at first? I remember someone after me getting their pic taken, but either the flash didnt go off, or something went wrong and you got another few second with Larry,LOL!
The tent was up the first night though... I'm pretty certain of that...Hm.
confused.gif

Yeah, you wouldnt have noticed Tomoko hugging Larry, it was very brief, and the crowd was around.
Anyway, yes, i do have pix! I have to warn you, they arent very good though,lol! I'll try to have them scanned so maybe i can email them to you guys, but i dont know if i can post pix.
Moonie, you may very well be right that it was Larry who said is everybody happy. Now that i really think about it, it does seem like it was indeed him.
wink.gif
I kept thinking it was a security guard or some other worker, but youre prolly right!
I was in such a deep state of shock, its just a miracle i'm not going around believing i slept with him!!!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell..Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 05-19-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 05-19-2002).]

cool story miss...btw did y'all ever tell y'all about Bono kissing my hand? hehe

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

ROFLMFAO @ is that how long Larry takes!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Its ok, who's mind isnt in the gutter when it comes to Larry!
tongue.gif

Yes, his man cleavage was in fine form! Although he had a black jacket on.
Oh, i forgot to add, when we were leaving i smelled my hand to see if there was any Larry scent on it. My hand smelled like leather!!!
eek.gif

I even had a thread titled "Larry Smells Like Leather" awhile back,lol.
Tomoko said when she interveiwed Bono, she got to hug him and she said he reeked of mens cologne and she said the smell stayed on her for 4 days!
eek.gif

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
Actually, it was night 1!!!
eek.gif

Did your camera misfire at first? I remember someone after me getting their pic taken, but either the flash didnt go off, or something went wrong and you got another few second with Larry,LOL!
The tent was up the first night though... I'm pretty certain of that...Hm.

Yeah, you wouldnt have noticed Tomoko hugging Larry, it was very brief, and the crowd was around.
Anyway, yes, i do have pix! I have to warn you, they arent very good though,lol! I'll try to have them scanned so maybe i can email them to you guys, but i dont know if i can post pix.

Yes, my camera wasn't turned on because I was SO FREAKIN' DISCOMBOBULATED around Larry. I was terrified I was going to drop my camera on his shoe while he signed my shirt. I did noticed other girls getting hugs from him after he signed my shirt. I asked him if I could take a picture with him... I kid you not, I remember the girl I handed my camera to as being asian. HOLY SHIT. As I went to fix the camera, Larry turned to sign other people's stuff and whatnot. I vaguely remembered telling him that it was fixed and he posed with me for the picture. I've posted it here before, but since we're actually talking about the moment and some of you were there with me, OHMYGAWD, this is soo cool!
biggrin.gif
I'm going to post it again:

3344%3A%3A6723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D676%3D%3B%3A4%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A77576%3B7ot1lsi

I am very tall, so I had to bend my knees in order to not look like I was towering over Larry.
biggrin.gif
I also wasn't sure if the girl taking the picture would cut my head off or not. heh. She was aiming the camera at larry, wasn't she. LOL

I don't remember the tent being up. Probably because I'd never been back behind the Pond and I'd never done anything like trying to meet the band in my life. Oh, and do you remember the drunk guy singing One Tree Hill? OHMYGAWD, he was standing next to me, his smelly, stinky self bouncing off my shoulder as he swayed to whatever beat was playing in his head. Larry tried to joke around with him, but had to really work hard for the joke, and the guy tried to give him a hug.

I swear, David Guyer scared the shit out of me. He's even more scary than Larry.
eek.gif
He looked like he was going to take the drunk guy out when he tried to give larry a hug (I guess Larry doesn't like smelly drunk guys LOL), but Larry put his hand out to stop the drunk and told him, "NO, I'm *through* with you."

Heh. Gotta love Mr. Snarly.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Great picture, you two (no pun there) make a very cute couple. Forget Ann LOL

Oh, I am sooooo jealous of you guys right now. I'm sorry I missed the man cleave LOL. Hmmmm, Larry smelling like leather.....STOP! I've got to stop the dirty thoughts going through my head

Thanks for sharing

OMG, I cannot Believe you were actually there , and at that very moment!!!
That is too bizarre!
AND I SAW YOU!!! I cant believe I actually saw you and all this time ive been in pleba and didnt even realize it was you! DUH!
biggrin.gif

This is too wild!
Did you see Larry roll his eyes and smirk wider?! It was hysterical!

Originally posted by the_fly2002:
Great picture, you two (no pun there) make a very cute couple. Forget Ann LOL

Oh, I am sooooo jealous of you guys right now. I'm sorry I missed the man cleave LOL. Hmmmm, Larry smelling like leather.....STOP! I've got to stop the dirty thoughts going through my head

Thanks for sharing

Hee hee hee! Sorry about that, lol! Glad you liked the stories tho!
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom