loves you yeah yeah yeah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
loves you yeah yeah yeah

my friend and i are gettin some songs together and we happened to.. just listen to Sargeant Pepper and Higher Ground and All You Need Is Love...

Just don't recommend doing this on a lazy friday night!!
frown.gif

awww and the Influx remix!!

nj_168.jpg

cologne_2_0987.jpg

*hugs*
makes me miss all my girls I saw shows with sooooooo much!! Those few precious moments of pure blissful anticipation...

My little one-year anniversary for my first Elevation concert experience isn't until April 23, but boy... that's when I met....

HIM.
333%3C4%3A3923232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E585%3E%3A%3B3%3Ewsnrcg%3D323239633838%3Bnu0mrj

Even though I had nosebleed seats...
333%3C4%3A3923232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E585%3E%3A%3B3%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232396338387nu0mrj

I never once sat down, and I don't think I ever once stopped...
333%3C4%3A3923232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E585%3E%3A%3B3%3Ewsnrcg%3D32323963384%3B3nu0mrj

smiling

I saw blue skies up ahead...
333%3C4%3A3923232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E585%3E%3A%3B3%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232396338389nu0mrj

And those blue skies truly lit up my life.

I never realized that I would ever be down in the heart, experience it for the first time in Las Vegas. Never in my life. All because I have the coolest friends (and a little bit o' Irish luck) and I'll never, ever forget those moments. Cherish...
biggrin.gif

Moonie (big huge smiles)
biggrin.gif

....and your girlies miss YOU!

GAHHHHHHH at these pictures! It's enough to make me purchase a time machine and set it to 8:55 p.m., October 30, 2001 - dancing our asses OFF to Sgt. Pepper and All You Need, with the certain knowledge that our lives were going to be changed in approximately 5 minutes......

God bless these guys for - among a million other things - bringing all of us, all the friends, the Plebans, the Interferencers, together.

*very warm and fuzzy*

I can't even imagine all you guys having your one year Elevation anniversaries...mine isn't till December...but oh, how my life has been changed by this wonderful group. I've been so touched and blessed by everything that has ever been connected with U2...

*sigh* So many memories and feelings...I'm depressed now
frown.gif

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Dana, you've brought it all back to me with your pics!!! My anniversary is the 24th. I can't believe its been a year already. I was in a trance that night and my life literally changed from that moment. I want to do it again!

*sigh*

Memories....
333%3C4%3A%3A%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E746%3E353%3EWSNRCG%3D3232387264787nu0mrj

333%3C4%3A%3A%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E746%3E353%3EWSNRCG%3D323238726864%3Anu0mrj

333%3C4%3A%3A%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E746%3E353%3EWSNRCG%3D3232387268%3C89nu0mrj

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child

This year has no chance of beating last year. My lawn mowing summer bookended by my two shows. 2001 was a big year for me... Wow. *tear*

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

*sniff*

I don't know how I'm going to handle all these anniversaries, ladies.

BTW, I made myself an "Elevation preshow" mix and whenever I listen to it I get all excited... it's torturous!! Yet fun.

My first Elevation anniversary isn't until May 9th. Then the 16th. Then the 30th (which will also be my meetingAdamversary, *sob* *drool* *grin* *sob*)

I think we should keep this thread (or a simliar one) going and everyone should post memories and photos on their concert anniversaries! I miss looking forward to everyone's concert experiences and reviews.

A couple of my pictures (yeah, they're from October, but that concert had the best ones I took)

333%3C4%3B8323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E6%3B%3A%3E832%3EWSNRCG%3D3232385999%3A99nu0mrj

333%3C4%3B8323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E6%3B%3A%3E832%3EWSNRCG%3D3232387857%3A%3A3nu0mrj

Everyone has probably seen those before. Maybe on my concert anniversaries I'll actually bust out my photos and scan some new ones...

ELEVATION!!!

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

I wish I had an anniversary!
frown.gif

Sorry for whining guys, it's just that I know I will never get to see U2 cause I live in a small country called Israel where no international artists ever come...

[This message has been edited by Rainbow (edited 04-20-2002).]

Originally posted by Rainbow:
frown.gif

Sorry for whining guys, it's just that I know I will never get to see U2 cause I live in a small country called Israel where no international artists ever come...

didn?t you get Popmart???

Anyway, I come from Iceland (= fecking The middle of nowhere), but i got myself a credit card and took a plane to Slane
smile.gif

Who else was in Slane???

elev_030901_u2_5.jpg

elev_030901_crowd4.jpg

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

[This message has been edited by AM (edited 04-20-2002).]

Originally posted by AM:
didn?t you get Popmart???

Anyway, I come from Iceland (= fecking The middle of nowhere), but i got myself a credit card and took a plane to Slane
smile.gif

Yeah we did but I didn't see it, I wasn't a fan back then. I didn't even know they were in Israel until I became a fan!
eek.gif

So anyway, I'm talking about this tour, and the future tours, in which I'm sure they won't come here... And I couldn't get out of the country to see them abroad cause I was in the army...
I just wish I could see them once in my life, it means so much to me! Well, I guess that wasn't meant to happen
frown.gif

But I'm sure you had fun in Slane!
smile.gif

frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Rainbow (edited 04-20-2002).]

Israel?? Girl, you be careful!!!!! Stay safe tonight....

Cheryl

------------------
You don't have to be Henry Kissenger to figure out that a more prosperous world is a more secure world; a more educated world is a more tolerant world; and a more healthy world is a more stable world, and I think that would be a fitting memorial to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th. ~Bono on Leno, Thanksgiving 2001

Aww....I was thinkin bout Elevation the other day. I wanna see them again
frown.gif
June 21st will be my anniversary. (then the next day it will be my anniversary of my graduation) *sigh* then I will have to wait all the way to December 1st.

------------------
Dana

Ma: The car was rattle and humming...
Dana: COOL!

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:

I think we should keep this thread (or a simliar one) going and everyone should post memories and photos on their concert anniversaries! I miss looking forward to everyone's concert experiences and reviews.

That sounds good to me. April 12th has passed, but you can look forward to plenty of crap on November 9th. XD
((Rainbow)) I hope you're immersed in bootlegs?

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by AM:

Who else was in Slane???

Me!! I was there, the first one. It also turned out to be my last Elevation one.
frown.gif
I still get worst case of fuzzies and goosebumps only by hearing the name... SLANE!!!

You know what ladies?? Am I the only one having trouble looking at Elevation pics because it hurts so much?

Originally posted by On The Edge:
((Rainbow)) I hope you're immersed in bootlegs?

Uh no, not really... there's nowhere to get them here. I have a lot of MP3's though
biggrin.gif

Great thread!!!

I also was at Slane!! At first I was 2nd row outside the outer heart. By the time the chili peppers came on, it was fucking hell. Personally I couldn't handle being pushed every 4 ways and up at this time. I then it dawned on me " Oh my god, if they are like this now, what in the world are they going to be like when U2 are on???"

So before the boys came on I went in front of the soundboard white tent thing. I had to go on my toes and hold on to people to get a view, but it was still awesome!!!

I don't like to think much about Slane now days because it only makes me want to rush and go back to Ireland!!! Ahhh the memories!!

Anyways sorry for the sob story, but my Elevation anniversaries are coming up.

April 23, 24, 26, November 12, 13, 18 and 19th!!! Man just thinking about it now is depressing me because it was just totally amazing!! Gosh now this week coming up is going to be so looong!! Ah well at least I have the April 24th boot ( which I found all the way in Dublin, and is not of the best quality) but hey they are sweet memories!!!

Later everyone!!!

Uh no, not really... there's nowhere to get them here. I have a lot of MP3's though
biggrin.gif

is there some way we could mail you some?
biggrin.gif

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

I have a lot of MP3's though
biggrin.gif

Good.
biggrin.gif
My drive is broken. O_O But Kristie asked a good question. :p

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Yes, I'd love to make you a disk.

Although I don't have any fancy label making software.

If you're interested email me

bourneblond@yahoo.com

------------------
Daisy
I wasn't jumping for me it was a fall. It's a long way down to nothing at all
AIM: daisyone75

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
You know what ladies?? Am I the only one having trouble looking at Elevation pics because it hurts so much?

I feel the same way...I get this longing inside...

And you know what's kind of silly...everytime I drive anywhere in Miami I get all excited like I'm going to the concert again...*sigh*

------------------
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child

Originally posted by AM:

Who else was in Slane???

MEEEE!!!

but i was hopped up on cold medicine so the acts prior to U2 are largely a blur for me. I remember coldplay and chili peppers best. and i remember how bad Kelis sucked!!!!

my first anniversary in may 6....then august 25....then oct 19...then nov 18.....then dec 1....

------------------
***ALOTWU***

The Palace of My Shame

Back
Top Bottom