Loveable Bono Mannerisms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HowthGirl

The Fly
Ok, I think we all can agree that Bono is a Major Honey! He started of so damn adorable and just gets more and more and more so over the years :)

Aside from his stunning, sexy and sweet looks and his brilliant mind, and his caring, loving soul, and his amazing talent...

Sorry - gotta stop and drool and have heart palpitations from thinking about him...:drool: :heart: :heart: :drool:

Ok, I am better now.

The thing is, on top of all that, he is just a bundle of some of the most endearing mannerisms, and habits possible. Watching him over the years, you can see them all, and they make hime even more of a Loveable Guy.

So, PLEBAns, what have been some of your faves over the years? Feel free to post pix!:wink:

Is it his nail biting, as has been mentioned before? Is it his habit of always wearing sleeves that are slightly too long? His cute shoes that have like a 4 inch base on them? His tendency to run his hands through his hair?

How about the Peace-sign flashing? Or the shades? The raised-eyebrow impish look he gives?

And concert/video habits over the years...in the early days, when he used to skip around stage alot, or dance a jig? How about the spot-light wielding toward the crowd? That cute bending forward and motioning the crowd to sing thing? The crowd-diving? When he used to scale the stage rigging at shows?

Maybe it's the creative dancing in any era...
(the "Pride" video comes to mind as a fave of mine! I love the sort of swaying, skipping, clapping, hopping kind of dance -
"The Bono Dance"! :dancing: :dance: )
...like the disco attempts, or the skipping and hopping, or that dance at the start of ZooStation.

And then there is my major favorite from back around the mid-80's: I don't have pix, but I'll see if I can describe - First he used to walk around the stage with one foot exactly in front of the other, like walking a tightrope or on top of a fence. This meant he would kind of unselfconciously teeter a little as he'd wander around. Then, to stand still, he used to take his one foot and kind of lay it on top of his other foot, and then try and balance, and then kind of fall over while singing.

You guys know what I mean? It was so charming and so so adorable and so very Bono!

Ok, so I have babbled on way too long! How about you all out there? What are some of your faves? Please share! :yes:

Well I don't know how 'loveable' it is but this is definitely a Bono concert mannerism:

When he stands on one foot and raises the other foot so he's showing the bottom of his shoe to the crowd. I've never figured out what the point of this is but the crowd always cheers when he does it so it works!

WildHoney said:
Those hip movements that he likes to send us wild with if you know what i mean:drool: :drool: :sexywink:

umm lemme think...hip movements? have I really been droolin over Bono doin such a thing?? :angel:

Zootomic said:
Well I don't know how 'loveable' it is but this is definitely a Bono concert mannerism:

When he stands on one foot and raises the other foot so he's showing the bottom of his shoe to the crowd. I've never figured out what the point of this is but the crowd always cheers when he does it so it works!

he's showing his soul! er, "sole." :huh:

Boston DVD--he does two "struts" that are sooo cute...the first during "New York." I call it his "gansta strut," and the second during Sunday, Bloody Sunday--the "Get up Stand Up Rasta Man" strut/shuffle. LOVE it!

ruffian said:
Boston DVD--he does two "struts" that are sooo cute...the first during "New York." I call it his "gansta strut," and the second during Sunday, Bloody Sunday--the "Get up Stand Up Rasta Man" strut/shuffle. LOVE it!

Ooh! I know what you mean about the struts!!!!!!

My favorite Sunday Bloody Sunday strut is in Rattle and Hum, where he comes strutting doward the camera, long hair flying, and says "Yeah? Yeah? Well let me tell you something!"

Oh, Good God!!!! I am getting flushed in the face and all giddy just thinking about it!!!!!!

Heart rate increasing... :heart: :heart: :heart:

(runs off to go watch Rattle and Hum for 8 millionth time!)

HowthGirl said:

Ooh! I know what you mean about the struts!!!!!!

My favorite Sunday Bloody Sunday strut is in Rattle and Hum, where he comes strutting doward the camera, long hair flying, and says "Yeah? Yeah? Well let me tell you something!"

Oh, Good God!!!! I am getting flushed in the face and all giddy just thinking about it!!!!!!

Heart rate increasing... :heart: :heart: :heart:

(runs off to go watch Rattle and Hum for 8 millionth time!)

He's so HOT in SBS from Rattle and Hum--totally passionate and really into it...and sweaty, of course :drool:

I watched R&H last week...:shifty: twice. U2Granny made me do it with all those JT pics...

dont worry ruffian, I just bought Rattle and Hum last week (I had never seen it) and I think I have already seen it at least 5 times, and I'm in school 5 days a week! During that whole movie Bono just looks so amazing, I can't help it. *sigh* I wish he was still in his 20's........lol. not that he doesnt look incredible now or anything, but I'm just a sucker for those JT days.

Ha ha. The best example of "hip action", IMO, is in that high school in Addis Ababa during the Africa trip with Paul O'Niell. If anyone saw the half-hr MTV documentary. He was responding to a teenage dancer onstage. He had his hands clasped behind his head and and he was staring right into her eyes, gyrating 2 feet from her. Some pretty explicit moves there too..think Melpop quality...made the SNL thing like a Victorian dance. Shrieks from the front rows! I don't know about you, but I would have been embarrassed at doing that in front of the principal, the parents, etc, at a typical high school gym! (Hm..on second thought..he could have come to MY High school gym anytime...)

Last edited:
ruffian said:

I absolutely love it when he does the Get up Stand up strut... hehe :drool:

Teta040 said:
Ha ha. The best example of "hip action", IMO, is in that high school in Addis Ababa during the Apfrica trip with Paul O'Niell. If anyone saw the half-hr MTV documentary. He was responding to a teenage dancer onstage. He had his hands clasped behind his head and and he was staring right into her eyes, gyrating 2 feet from her. Some pretty explicit moves there too..think Melpop quality...made the SNL thing like a Victorian dance. Shrieks from the front rows! I don't know about you, but I would have been embarrassed at doing that in front of the principla, the parents, etc, at a typical high school gym! (Hm..on second thought..he could have come to MY High school gym anytime...)

Ohhhh I wish I saw that!!!:ohmy:

MUST SEE THAT CLIP!!! Wait...is that the one Brightest had on one thread...I think it was! It was hysterical!

this must be from that scene you are describing, Teta:

africabono.gif

shake it baby!!!! :lmao:

sami0201 said:
dont worry ruffian, I just bought Rattle and Hum last week (I had never seen it) and I think I have already seen it at least 5 times, and I'm in school 5 days a week! During that whole movie Bono just looks so amazing, I can't help it. *sigh* I wish he was still in his 20's........lol. not that he doesnt look incredible now or anything, but I'm just a sucker for those JT days.

i know i'm getting off-topic here (what else new) but I love the first 5 minutes...when he does Helter Skelter and he opens his arms wide as the house lights go on after that first verse! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom