Love Rocks (new Bono pic)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbi16

War Child
For reasons, I'd rather not remind myself about, I did not make it to the red carpet and here's all the more reason for kicking myself.

capt.1013753681.love_rocks_concert_cmw101.jpg

wait did I beat Gina to a picture? Woohooo!!!
tongue.gif

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

that's a great pic to photoshop yourself to. *waits for bono girls to do just that*

ooooo
There was a carpet? This thing was so bizarre, you don't what to expect! I'm sorry you didn't make it.
frown.gif

Thankyou for the picture!!!

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Well I don't know if there was a carpet but I know people that went (whom I was gonna try to meet with) and they've reported that he went over to the group of fans chanting his name to say hi.

*returns to kicking herself*

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Thanks for the pic! Any more details about what went on at this curious event?

------------------
"I still can't play guitar
How the hell did I get this far?"

~Bono, Detroit

There is no way we could possibly do infinity push-ups.

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Thanks for the pic! Any more details about what went on at this curious event?

uhm they arrived precisely at 7:45 PM with Paul McGuiness in one of those black GMC trucks. That's about it.

Oh this might interesting, Bono gave ET an interview so check tomorrow they might air it.

A U2 fan's friend is a doctor that went to this, so we should have some inside info soon. But that's as much as I know.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Exclusive article here: http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1976

Ohhh, I wish I had been there! Bono sang "One" with R.E.M. at the end of the night! No Doubt covered The Sweetest Thing! Tom Cruise spoke about Bono, and Bill Clinton paid tribute to him via a videotaped message! Dang, so much Bonolove.

------------------
"I still can't play guitar
How the hell did I get this far?"

~Bono, Detroit

There is no way we could possibly do infinity push-ups.

Originally posted by mbi16:
For reasons, I'd rather not remind myself about, I did not make it to the red carpet and here's all the more reason for kicking myself.

wait did I beat Gina to a picture? Woohooo!!!
tongue.gif

Yes you did, and I had challenged her to find one before me, but like I said even if I lose I win because I get to see the pic!
smile.gif

(BIG honk to those shades though, bad color)
Oh well he likes them. What a sweet couple.

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

Wow!! Bono looks beautiful. I am glad that Ali went too. They did get to spend V-day together after all.

Is that a tounge that I see in the pic with Tom Cruise???

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
OMG!!!

2751930400.jpg

Tom Cruise. Bono. Stubble. Tongue.

*dies*

------------------
"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Here's another article about it-Entertainment Tonight will do a story on it tonight, so don't forget to watch. Their site just has one teeny Bono pic.

Hollywood Hails U2's Bono for Philanthropy

By Dean Goodman

HOLLYWOOD (Reuters) - Hollywood stars such as Tom Cruise and Kevin Spacey, and rock bands No Doubt and R.E.M. tossed valentines to U2 singer Bono at a fund-raiser on Thursday marking the outspoken Irishman's "extraordinary philanthropy."

The first annual "Love Rocks" concert was held in Bono's honor, and also brought out the likes of comedians Ray Romano and Drew Carey, actor Sean Penn, R&B singer Lauryn Hill and Walt Disney Co. Chairman Michael Eisner. The event was designed to raise money for cardiovascular research.

Bono, a.k.a. Paul Hewson, was feted with the "Heart of Entertainment" award for what organizers described as "his extraordinary philanthropy and dedication to improving the lives of millions of people throughout the world."

In his two decades at the helm of his politically active rock group, Bono has championed such causes as debt relief and AIDS awareness in the Third World, and worked with such groups as Amnesty International and Greenpeace.

Cruise told the crowd at Hollywood's Kodak Theater that Bono "makes us all proud to be human." Former President Bill Clinton and Rolling Stone Mick Jagger sent congratulatory videos. R.E.M. singer Michael Stipe described Bono as a "singer, songwriter, statesman, fashion plate."

R.E.M. performed a short set that included a cover of "I Got You Babe" during which pop diva Cher made a surprise appearance from the wings to duet with Stipe on her '60s classic. She said it was the first time she had ever performed the song without her late former husband, Sonny Bono.

Later, R.E.M. performed U2's mournful ballad "One" with help from Bono on vocals.

In accepting his award, Bono proudly described himself as "a thorn in the shoe" of President Bush's administration because of his efforts to apprise U.S. lawmakers of suffering in the world's poorest countries.

Earlier this month at the World Economic Forum in New York, Bono's lobbying charmed hardened businessmen and politicians such as Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates and U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill.

Wearing his trademark wraparound sunglasses, Bono told the sympathetic Hollywood crowd that 28 million HIV-positive people in sub-Saharan Africa would leave behind 100 million AIDS orphans by the end of the decade.

"This is probably the greatest threat to humanity that the world has seen really since the bubonic plague took out about a third of Europe in the Middle Ages," he said.

He challenged the creative minds in Hollywood to help end suffering. He noted that 8 million people died each year from preventable diseases that could be avoided with the expenditure of $30 on each victim.

Still, even a charismatic rock star knows he can command people's attentions for only so long.

"I guess right down the hall from beatification comes crucifixion, so I better enjoy this," he said.

Sorry about the watermark..YAY-it worked-now I can post more!!

psi_preview_OSEJBEJBEJBEHHEHBEHJEHDEHMEHNEJBEJBEJBEJGENGEDBENF.jpg

psi_preview_KPHADHADHADEJBEJDEJMEHJEJNEJGHADHADHADEJHENHENDEFG.jpg

psi_preview_OQEJEEJEEJEEJAEHEEJGEHFEHHEHNEJEEJEEJEEJNENNEDEENM

psi_preview_OMHAGHAGHAGEJFEJGEJBEHHEJDEJGHAGHAGHAGEJEENEENGEFA.jpg

WEF

psi_preview_NSEJMEJMEJMEHJEHEEHNEHHEHNEHGEJMEJMEJMEJDENDEDMENB.

From last yr in California-thought you'd like this one..

psi_preview_OKHANHANHANEJMEJBEJMEJEEJMEJMHANHANHANEJJENJENNEFD.

psi_preview_PQEJMEJMEJMEHJEHHEHGEHFEHDEHNEJMEJMEJMEJDENDEDMENB.jpg

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 02-15-2002).]

Man.. is it just me, or did the TV networks really pass on this one? A live show would have been AWESOME -- with tons of celebrities and something to push on Valentines Day, which is usually a boring day for TV. Particularly ABC should have shown this IMO. I did hear they taped it and they will show it in March or something, but I think that is kind of stupid -- why couldn't it have been live?

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

psi_preview_PQEJMEJMEJMEHJEHHEHGEHFEHDEHNEJMEJMEJMEJDENDEDMENB.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I love this pic (aside from the watermarks). It makes you wonder what he's thinking.

------------------
Daisy :)

She's standing at the station with her face pressed up against the glass.

"Jon, why can't you do what Bono says"--The Daily Show

WOW-those are great!

Heh-Cher there w/ all her exes-Tom Cruise, and didn't she date Richie Sambora too?

Bono was kissing her hand-aw.

Cher singing 'I Got You Babe' with Michael Stipe
eek.gif

3221315672.jpg

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 02-15-2002).]

Random comments:

3892330579.jpg

And I thought BONO'S hair was too short LOL
biggrin.gif

About that wireimages gallery- okay, it totally kicks ass, now which one of us is gonna join and pay the 10 bucks to get access to those pics to post and save in a large size? Volunteers?
wink.gif

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Bono in leather pants

psi_preview_LSEJHEJHEJHEJDEHMEJDEHJEHMEHFEJHEJHEJHEJFENFEDHENE.jpg

WHYOHWHYOHWHY Bono did you not wear those on the Elevation tour? *slurrrp* That was 2000, just before the tour, it proves he still has them and can still wear them! He looked great on the tour but if he had those things on YYEEEEEOOWWW he woulda been even hotter!

Originally posted by mbi16:

HOLY MOTHER OF DROOL!!!!!!!!!! These are all so beautiful! I think he knows to wear a RED SHIRT just for us!!!! *red shirt red shirt red shirt*

Ali's looking great too!!! They're just so cute together!

------------------
Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thunder cloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain on him

This whole thread is making me

1. kick myself for not going and standing outside the Kodak Theater in hopes of close up Bono and autograph. Staying home to watch the men's finals and not fighting traffic seemed important at the time but now I'm bummed!

2. bummed that this was not televised or even MENTIONED on ET last night. Will have to watch tonight but you know ET , they will show like 30 seconds of it. UGH!

I really want to see that performance of "One" with the Stiper and Bono, and all the things people said about Bono and wouldn't mind seeing No Doubt's rendition of "Sweetest Thing" either!

Holds out hope it was taped and will someday see the light of day!!

Julie

Damn damn damn.
And I've sure he wore the red shirt cuz it was V- Day and because it was called Love Rocks
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom