LOTR, Viggo, and Elijah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Just went to LOTR last night at the opening midnight showing. First of all, the movie is fantastic! Go see it as soon as possible.

Secondly, is it just me or is Viggo Mortenson a hottie? I had seen him in some other roles (the lover in A Perfect Murder for one) and I've always thought him good-looking, but in this movie he's got a steely depth of character about him that's really attractive.

Lastly, Elijah Wood is adorable!!! I can't decide if I want to wrap him up and cuddle him or pat him on the head. lol.

p.s. U2LA is going to be posting my review of the movie at his movie site www.currentlyplaying.com sometime today or tomorrow, so check it out.
smile.gif

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe and U2 Concert Pics

Since this is PLEBA I'll focus on the attractiveness of the men in the movie, heehee.

I never thought Viggo was terribly good looking before, but he was really working for me as Aragorn.
smile.gif

Elijah is just beautiful. I love his eyes. He also seems extra adorable if you think of him as a little hobbit. Of the other hobbits, I just loved Pippin's accent!

Legolas was also pretty amazing. Very tall, sleek, elegant, and deadly.

[This message has been edited by lylas (edited 12-19-2001).]

Originally posted by lylas:
I never thought Viggo was terribly good looking before, but he was really working for me as Aragorn.
smile.gif

It must be that stubble.
wink.gif

rings.jpg

ca_vmort.jpg

And yes, Elijah's blue eyes are absolutely precious. His performance was one of the major highlights for me.
ca_ewood.jpg

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 12-19-2001).]

Elijah has been on a whirlwind tour of all the talk shows, he's been on 3-4 of them that I've seen recently. He's even cuter now that he's gotten a bit older, and THOSE EYES!!! And even more adorable, he picked up a bit of a Kiwi accent from spending 2 years(?) in NZ filming not just one but THREE of the LOTR movies. Made him even more endearing.

Did you guys know the whole crew went out and got LOTR "fellowship" tatts as well???
biggrin.gif
Yep, just like Larry, they got drunk as skunks and did it. Thought that was hilarious!
wink.gif
Talk about BONDING!

ca_ewood.jpg

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 12-19-2001).]

Originally posted by Discoteque:

Did you guys know the whole crew went out and got LOTR "fellowship" tatts as well???
biggrin.gif
Yep, just like Larry, they got drunk as skunks and did it. Thought that was hilarious!
wink.gif
Talk about BONDING!

Yes, I had heard that. Guess it shows how close they grew together after a year or so of working on the set in such close quarters. Very cool.
smile.gif

I usually am soooooo not interested in "young" looking guys, but Elijah is really a honey.
biggrin.gif

-sula

legolas.jpg

Legolas is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hot. *faints*

------------------
"just like a runaway with no escape zone
you'd think I'd find a way you'd think I'd fake one
but all my life's been filled with wanton tragedy

where's my angels I'm a naked soul"
- Angels ~ The Tea Party

SlipStream Soul

[This message has been edited by J-Tree (edited 12-23-2001).]

Yep, Legolas is definitely gorgeous. I went with a friend who has also read the book and he's her favourite character. She wanted to take him home with her.
biggrin.gif

My favourite character is Gandalf. He's not exactly hot (unless you like old guys with tangled grey beards)--he's just awesome!

I agree that Aragorn is very handsome. Not exactly the way I imagined the character. I always imagined Aragorn sort of like a more English version of Harrison Ford, if that makes any sense. But this guy played him very well.

Elijah Wood as Frodo was very good, and he does have amazing eyes, but he almost seemed too young, and maybe too ethereal for a hobbit.

I'm just being picky, though!

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 12-23-2001).]

Pippin!!
biggrin.gif

ca_bboyd.jpg

Gods, he just cracked me up. 'Specially the part in the Prancing Pony where he said "They come in pints? I'm getting one!" And now I'm going around slashing hobbits......it's quite amusing.

izzy (oh dear)

------------------
you are allowed to shoot me if my sig gets over five lines.
Perpetual Newbie in the ScottPhisto Society
"I invented cool. And you're on a boat with me." -Larry Mullen, Jr. (at Sellafield)
"Some artists become dull when they stop drinking or drugging, but Adam's not one of them. He's his old self. He loses none of his rubber-band-shooting,water-gun-squirting, public-disrobing spirit when he doesn't drink." - Bono

LEGOLAS! IS! HOT! I just thought you all needed to know that. =P Plus, he's so awesome, the way he hits every target dead-on with his bow. Lego is prolly my fav character.
biggrin.gif

Pippin and Merry cracked me up, the way they kept stumbling out of the bushes and getting into trouble...Elijah did a fantastic job as Frodo, and I thought Gandalf was awesome too. ^-^ If you haven't seen LOTR yet, GO SEE IT!

Thanks for posting all those pics Gina Marie! I absolutely love Orlando. He's definatley the most gorgeous guy in the movie! He's in "Black Hawk Down" as well, and he's the only reason I'm going to go see it, because I usually hate war films.

------------------
"They come in pints? I'm getting one!"

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
ob37.jpg

Gah....he is beautiful..but even more so as Legolas. Have you gals noticed that whenever he smiles he puts his tounge right behind his front teeth?
tongue.gif
MEANWHILE..I am totally in love with GORGEOUS Elijah!! His eyes are so stunning and he plays the part so well! It's sooo sad when he cries for Gandalf, his eyes look like ice crystals under water.

rivendell2.gif

rings.gif

Ah...hes so beautiful!!

Wow, those were some pretty good pics of Orlando! I'm still completely besotted with Sean Bean though. Love the pic of the two of them together. *swoon*

And don't worry, you'll be getting plenty more Legolas in the next two movies.

Legolas will live forever, but my poor Boromir is dead. waah.

I'd like to nominate this thread as "HOT THREAD OF THE WEEK!!!" I am drooling like a mofo.

All the men are so gorgeous, especially Orlando Bloom. But I love him with the long blonde hair. More Legolas pics please!!!!

RAWR!!!!

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

I think I'm going to die. I cannot handle this thread.

Orlando is officially the most gorgeous guy on the face of the earth. Sorry, Sting. (I'll probably be regretting that soon but hey...Orlando is only two years older than me!!) He is also my future husband. Got that?

Saw the movie again last night. It's so great.

------------------
Your seven worlds collide
Whenever I am by your side
Dust from a distant sun
Will shower over everyone

-Crowded House

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 01-20-2002).]

*sighs*

Another hard day as a PLEBA girl!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

lotr_gal_velky_2001_12_24_15_59_3.jpg

lotr_gal_velky_2001_12_24_16_3_42.jpg

------------------
"Many that live deserve death. And many that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?" ~ Gandalf

SlipStream Soul

[This message has been edited by J-Tree (edited 01-20-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom