Loreley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallingStar

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I've been on holiday over the last week and persuaded my parents to go to the Loreley as well. I've been there about 10 years ago or so, but I didn't know that U2 had a gig there. I thought it was interesting to show you pics from there cos some of you have the gig on vcr or whatever.

*giggle* It's been a great feeling to stand there and look down to that place

Here are pics from what the Loreley looks now, 21 years after U2 had been there.
3cca018d.jpg

d26960db.jpg

And the STAGE where Bono danced with the girl. ;)
P1010003.jpg

Last edited:
It kind of looks like Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA. They have the same weird tarp thingy. I saw :heart: Dave Matthews Band :heart: there last year. :up:

Cool U2 historical visit, FS!

Cool! I can almost see mullet Bono on that stage ;) You are so lucky to get to see that! Thanks FS! :hug:

Europe
link.europe.map.gif

Germany
germany.gif

And Loreley is near R?desheim
map_ruedesheim.jpg

yeah, they still use it for bands. A lot of famous bands performed there. And they want money for just visiting the place. :madspit:

Wow, that brings back memories. I passed by the Loreley Rocks while on a Rhine cruise almost 25 years ago. It makes me feel old when I realize how many years have passed since then.:(
I'm still with the same guy though!:D (It was on unoffical honeymoon.)
That's a very lovely and romantic part of the world. Thanks for posting those pics!

Back
Top Bottom