Looks like Bono WILL attend his tribute tommorrow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

*Stormy*

I guess this means he IS gonna show up!!

Just read this on U2.com:

REM and No Doubt Are Set to Perform at a Tribute to Bono in Los Angeles tomorrow, Thursday.

Love Rocks, hosted by the Entertainment Industry Foundation, has been organised to mark the political activism and philanthropic works of U2's singer over the years.

Bono will be joined by event chair Michael D. Eisner, Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company; event host and comedian Drew Carey; comedians Ray Romano and Kevin Nealon along with several surprise appearances.

In recent years Bono, supported by other members of the band, has devoted energy to the worldwide campaign to cancel the unpayable debts of the poorest countries. Last autumn he was a key mover in the release of an all-star recording of Marvin Gaye's 'What's Going On' for Artists Against AIDS Worldwide, a campaign to raise funds for work with the victims of AIDS in Africa.

The Entertainment Industry Foundation will use Thursday's event to unveil their National Cardiovascular Research Initiative, designed to raise awareness about cardiovascular disease within the US. EIF will also announce $3 million in first-year support toward public awareness and scientific research grants awarded to five of the nation?s leading cardiovascular research centers and two patient outreach programs.

The Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF) represents the collective philanthropy of the entertainment industry and has distributed hundreds of millions of dollars and provided countless volunteer hours to support charitable initiatives.

More on the Campaign to Cancel the Debts of the Poorest Countries here www.jubileeusa.org - www.dropthedebt.org

Gina Marie- I am calling you out woman!! I hereby challenge you to a duel, who can find the pics and post them here first, and who can find the most pics!! Even if I lose I still win because I still get to see the pics!
wink.gif

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 02-13-2002).]

I am glad that Bono is being honoured, and that we will most likely get new Bono pics (which is always nice), but I feel bad for Ali. It would be nice if her an Bono could have a night alone together on Valentine's Day!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Spinny don't feel bad for Ali! She'll probably go with him, and anyway she gets to spend every night with him, so she is the luckiest woman in the world!!

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

I don't expect it to be on TV, maybe some satellite thing. That's why the best I'm hoping for is pics on the news wires as soon as it happens. If anyone has more info please enlighten us!!

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Spinny don't feel bad for Ali! She'll probably go with him, and anyway she gets to spend every night with him, so she is the luckiest woman in the world!!

That's true, but it must be hard to be married to someone who is never home. She must miss him like mad. I know that I do, and I don't even know the guy!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

I love Bono, but this sounds tacky to me. He deserves to be honored, but by something a little less lame...

I say he starts with the Noble Peace Prize.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

I'm sure Bono will put it to time well spent. Putting more attention on what needs to be done to make our world a better place is always a good thing.

Originally posted by spinninghead77:

That's true, but it must be hard to be married to someone who is never home. She must miss him like mad. I know that I do, and I don't even know the guy!

He, he, he. My husband is out of town a lot and I don't miss him at all. On the other hand now, he's not Bono!
wink.gif

In one chapter of Flanagan's U2@TEOTW, Bono's father Bob Hewson tells how much easier and peaceful life was for him and Ali and the kids when Bono was not around. Maybe they don't mind getting rid of him once in awhile
wink.gif
As Bono said, when they miss him, Ali and the kids just come along! They were with him for most of the Elevation tour, with Ali homeschooling the kids along the way! They seem to have a perfect dream of a life to me.

Does anyone know if this is gonna be on TV???

I read somewhere that it was -- but it doesn't say officially on any U2 site that I know of......

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona

The Man Corral

You're THAT close? Even if you can't get in go stand outside or something, you might see him or something, and come back here and report to us! Thanks for the link.

im going! not inside but ill be outside waiting for his arrival. what a pleasant surprise it would be if the other boys came too. happy valentines to me!

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Originally posted by mrsmullen:
im going! not inside but ill be outside waiting for his arrival. what a pleasant surprise it would be if the other boys came too. happy valentines to me!

alison

Good for you! You are sure to get a glimpse of him, probably Ali and the other boys too! We expect a full report (with pics if you get some!) as soon as you get home!

I can't go. I can't get there in time because it will take me too long with traffic after work to get there. ( it's LA remember, traffic sucks!) Plus it's at the Kodak which is a high security venue. It would be difficult to even see Bono unless they drop him off out front from a limo like they are going to do for the Oscars.
If that's the case, the best place to see him will be by standing across the street ( Hollywood Blvd) behind the barricades or maybe by the shops near the entrance to the Kodak. I'm not sure really , I've been to the Kodak twice for events and they have lots of private entrances so it's a crap shoot about seeing him. I tried to find a way to get a ticket for this but I don't have those types of Hollywood connections.
I'm sure they will show a bit of it on ET tho....
So I'll watch like the rest of you!

Okay Oktober we'll await your story too!

As for tonight, anyone hear anything, please post it!

Originally posted by Ana:
That is awesome!!!!

But why is Ray Romano going?? I don't like him much. But on the other hand, I love Drew Carey
biggrin.gif

But I thought EVERYBODY loved Raymond!

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

+fabulous+

The Edge, it's a direct object.

the event could do WITHOUT michael eisner. Disney f*cks up the world quite enough. one little charity event or whatever isn't going to fix things, MICKEY!!!

I HATE Raymond and I think Eisner has RUINED Disney. I'm full of it tonight, I must have PMS. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom