LOOKING FOR{think a PLEBAN}said they were outside a NYC club U2 played?80/81

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

THis person's post wasn't more than about ?? 6 weeks back.....

I've never met anyone one who was living in NYC then --other than my friends who i helped to become u2 fans---
who WAS a U2 fan BACK THEN !

I'm a born & bred NYC'r-- who became a U-2 fan in the 80/81 era

Please tell me....
.....which club was it....{ i'm thinking of the 2 I know of} how did you find out about u2....and anything you remember from that 80/81 in being a fan then...
.....For me it was...just me & those particular few frends.

:shock: ohhh no! I was just thinking ...... had the Punk/new wave Zine HAdn't folded in ?82 - 83...... I bet I could of gotten a photo press pass like i had earlier from them, and caught U2 at least at their 83 gig in NYC. NNNNOOOOOoooooooooooooo!

:mad: :mad: :scream: ## UNHAPPY MELTDOWN!!! ##

:sigh:

feh
/wavery smile

Please tell me anyway :laugh:
:wink:

Thought I'd help you by doing some searching.

Is this the poster you're looking for?

JCOSTER said:
I've told this story 100X, in 81 they were playing at a local club, December 13th 1981 I was 14 took a cab 20 minutes from where I lived and waiting in the pouring rain hoping to get a glimpse of one of them or to get in, they never did let me in but I stayed outside the building listening to the thumping and screaming of the fans inside. I was so sad, through the great technology of today, I heard that concert for the first time 26 years later!!!!

December 13, 1981: Lido Beach, NY @ Malibu Night Club

OH....that's it!

Thank You, Mirring ! :hug: :hug:

I 'know' that Malibu Nightclub.......Not by having actually been there......
{tho I did go out to see the legendary Television - at My Father's Place...back in 1976 by Subway, Bus & then shared cab- they were a major U2 influence}

.....but since i used to listen to Long Island's new wave/punk/alt rock station WLIR, then WDRE, then BACK TO WLIR - and now i can't get it any more because where I live in the NYC Burroughs - the ole Malibu's been around a long time! :lol:

THANKS AGAIN!

I feel better now ....I was thinking it was Irving Plaza or The Mudd CLub --places they first played at here in NYC-- THAT I'd alrready been to a bunch of times!

Altho I knew about and became interested in them- I didn't know they were plavcing in NYC at that point...... :madspit:

now that promps me to ask a different question....:hmm: :)

new thread....

dazzledbylight said:
now that promps me to ask a different question....:hmm: :)

new thread....

The subjects really are similar, and you're speaking about the same poster more or less so lets try to keep it all to one thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom