looking for a pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irelandwhispers

War Child
I have absolutely no clue where to post this, so I won't be offended if it gets moved to a different forum.

Somebody's signature had a picture of Bono and some pink flowers or something, but I can't remember who it was, and I can't find it. I'd like to get the original picture if at all possible. It looks sort of like a still from a video, but I'm not sure. (If it is from a video, does anybody know which one?) I want to make a Windows login screen from the pic, but the dimensions would be better for what I'd like to do in the original, and I need something with higher resolution (although I might be able to improve resolution myself if I play around with it).

I think this is what you're looking for but I'm trying to find a better quality version..

Attachments

• cheesybonoflowers 1.jpg
    cheesybonoflowers 1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 79
KhanadaRhodes said:
ahhh, it sounds like you may be referring to the still of him from the sweetest thing video. i wonder if i can find anything... :hmm:

:hyper:

Yeah, that's the video! I've never seen it. :reject: But I will watch it soon, I promise!

I hope you can get that still somehow. That's the most adorable pic I've ever seen. :love:

On a side note, can anyone tell me how to make stills? I just learned how to do screen captures, but video frames don't show up in my screen captures. :sigh: Is there a way to create stills without downloading software? (if not, is there freeware for it?)

Sicy said:
I think this is what you're looking for but I'm trying to find a better quality version..

I'm not a premium member, so I can't download attachments. I could give you my e-mail address...?

Ahh sorry.. here it is.

336%3B%3B96723232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E2323384%3B47%3B7%3Aot1lsi

I took it off my tv :lol: Thats why the quality sucks, but I know there must be a better one out there.

Sicy said:
Ahh sorry.. here it is.

336%3B%3B96723232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E2323384%3B47%3B7%3Aot1lsi

I took it off my tv :lol: Thats why the quality sucks, but I know there must be a better one out there.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

That's the one! The sig I saw was a better-quality image. Whoever was using it may have improved it in a graphics program. I'm going to try editing it, but I'm not very good at this sort of thing yet. I've got to resize it to 1024 x approximately 650. I'm not sure what height yet, because it can be adjusted by adjusting the top and bottom of the login screen, but it has to be shorter than 1024x768 wallpaper with the same width.

I'm having little luck with the resolution so far, but I'm still working on it. The program I intended to change the resolution with isn't cooperating, so I'm trying one of my other programs.

Note to self: 1024x668 looks GREAT with a watercolor image of the still. Watercolor is the only way I could get rid of those tv lines. Still waiting to see if anyone has a better image. Thanks for your help so far, Sicy.

I redid the avatar so it doesnt look so stretched out... (no offense moonie :D)

bonoav.jpg

btw moonie how did you upload that to snapfish? It wouldnt let me... :huh:

Sicy's image looks more like the one I got from the sig. Moon's still looks like it was taken a split second before or after Sicy's because Sicy's is a little bit more of a close-up view. Also, Sicy's image has more of the left side, which means more of the flowers (more of flowers=good), but still not as much of the left side as the pic I have. However, Moon's image is easier to edit to match the colors of the one I have, and none of those lines that Sicy's has.

I wish I could remember which Interferencer had/has this sig.

Remain calm, IrelandWhispers! :crazy:

Sicy said:
I redid the avatar so it doesnt look so stretched out... (no offense moonie :D)

bonoav.jpg

btw moonie how did you upload that to snapfish? It wouldnt let me... :huh:

:up: Avatar looks great. I was going to resize the avatar I already made...Elevation Tour Bono :combust: but Sweetest Thing Bono is so adorable :heart: that I will use it as soon as I get a chance to replace it.

Sicy and Moon :hug:

Please don't think I'm ungrateful, but I'll continue to wait to see if somebody can come up with that other still.

:drool: :love: :heart:

:love: :love: :love:

That is SOOOOOO close!

Look at the location of the flower petal right in front of Bono's glasses in Sicy's post. That is the still frame that makes my little heart go pitter-patter. But Kristie's second one will do the job if I can't get that one. Nice quality images, Kristie. :up: :hug:

:reject: I'm so picky.

:ohmy: I just noticed that the thread was moved to PLEBA, because I haven't been playing very close attention between trying to edit 10 million different pictures for my login screen and refreshing to check for new posts.

I'm scared to post in PLEBA. :yikes: I'm also scared to admit that PLEBA is one of my favorite forums, although I rarely post.

Queen Bee said:
Hey! You meant the picture in my signature! :D

YES! Do you have the original???

And is it ok with you that I have the pic as my avatar? I will change it if you want since you already have that pic for your sig. I really love it, though.

:love: :heart: :happy: :) :dance: :hug: :hyper: :combust: :applaud:

There aren't enough smilies to describe how I feel right now.

Everyone :hug: You have all been so helpful and patient with me. I love every single one of you!

:huh:

I wanted to put more smilies in the previous post, but it wouldn't let me! And then I tried to go back to edit my post and lost everything.

:) :) :) So I will have to post again to thank Queen Bee.

:dance:

I will try and post a link to a web site that has a screenshot of the finished product on it eventually, as well as screenshots of some other U2 computer stuff I have been working on. I might not be done for a while because I have some work to do on the buttons still, which is much harder than manupulating photos because they have rounded corners. Windows XP: can't live with it, can't live without it.

Thanks again!

Can anyone convert Queen Bee's image to a 1024x768 wallpaper size, or explain how to do it? I still can't figure out how to enlarge it without the resolution being messed up. I've tried it in Micrografx Windows Draw, PhotoImpression, and Paint. Smoothing the image changes the quality of the photo...there has got to be a better way!

Back
Top Bottom