looking for a pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Bee said:
I took a picture of the scene again and attempted to do my best for the enlargement. I hope this looks okay! I kind of put the brightness/contrast up too high.. :|

Click for the 1024x768 version

FANTASTIC! :)

I just posted a preliminary screenshot on one of my web sites of what I have so far, working off of the smaller image from Queen Bee.

I never liked the paintbrush effect, but it is really starting to grow on me. :hmm:

I will update my web site in the near future.

"Near" is a relative term.

Sicy said:
I redid the avatar so it doesnt look so stretched out... (no offense moonie :D)

bonoav.jpg

btw moonie how did you upload that to snapfish? It wouldnt let me... :huh:

no offense taken! :D

I haven't read the rest of this thread yet, so if someone already addressed your question, well, that's OK, but I'm going to answer it anyway. :D :tongue:

Basically, instead of using the drop and drag method, you bypass that and use the single download method - it will allow you to upload small pictures if you use the version of uploading that makes you browse your harddrive for pictures one at a time.

Hope this helps. :D

and btw, Sicy, how did you take my picture and make it bigger and clear? I used paintbrush to shrink it... as my photoshop knowledge is very limited. Did you use photoshop to do that?

Moonie :D

Ok.. I'm awake now. lol.

To make an avatar in photoshop:

Open the picture you want to use, and also open a new file, 72x72 pixals.

Crop the picture you want to use to your liking. Then copy and paste it on the new file.

Do a ctrl + T on the new file then drag the bottom corner up while holding the shift key down, until its perfectly in the box. The reason you hold the shift key down is so that it doesnt become distorted as you drag it. When you're done click any tool on the left hand side and it will ask you "apply transformation?" click apply. Then you can always sharpen the image if you like by choosing filter --> sharpen.

Once you're done select file --> save for web (if you're using photoshop 5.5 or above) then you can optimize it so that its under 7kbs.

Hope that made sense.. lol.

Sicy said:
Ok.. I'm awake now. lol.

To make an avatar in photoshop:

Open the picture you want to use, and also open a new file, 72x72 pixals.

Crop the picture you want to use to your liking. Then copy and paste it on the new file.

Do a ctrl + T on the new file then drag the bottom corner up while holding the shift key down, until its perfectly in the box. The reason you hold the shift key down is so that it doesnt become distorted as you drag it. When you're done click any tool on the left hand side and it will ask you "apply transformation?" click apply. Then you can always sharpen the image if you like by choosing filter --> sharpen.

Once you're done select file --> save for web (if you're using photoshop 5.5 or above) then you can optimize it so that its under 7kbs.

Hope that made sense.. lol.

it made total sense and you just opened a whole new world for me. I've been tinkering around in photoshop and I don't even know really how to use it.... woooo! thanks for that. I'm going to go see about re-working some of my avatars.

Yay :applaud: Its super easy once you get the hang of it :yes: I can make an avatar in about 1 minute :D

Sicy said:
Yay :applaud: Its super easy once you get the hang of it :yes: I can make an avatar in about 1 minute :D

Jaysus... that avatar I made of Bono with the flowers took me about ten - I had to keep saving it and then checking to see how big it was - then going back and tweaking a little more until I got it to 70 x 70. :huh: I can't believe how easy it is now.

I have photoshop 7.0 on my computer and I don't even know how to use it. You'll have to show me how to take those nasty watermarks off pictures. I hate those.

Ooh, and when I was tinkering, I kept thinking, "what the fookin' hell? why isn't it shrinking up to the size I want? Ohhhhh, you have to maximize the frame in order to see the whole picture. ohhhhhh. hey! It snaps into place when you get close to the lines!" Yeah. I'm easily entertained.

I'd post the avatar I made of Larry just now, but that involves saving the thing to snapfish and I gotta go to work. I'll post it later.

Wow.. 7.0. You definately have the save for web feature then. Its great, you can customize it to exactly how many kbs you want.

Oh and thanks btw for the snapfish trick.. it worked :wink: :up:

moon_is_playing_tricks said:

I have photoshop 7.0 on my computer and I don't even know how to use it. You'll have to show me how to take those nasty watermarks off pictures. I hate those.

i wanna learn too! :up:

Watermarks are a whole different story lol.

But .. I guess the easiest way to do it would be to use the little tool that looks like a stamp. Hold down alt and click on a spot just above the watermark, then release and go over the watermark. Its pretty tedious.. and you have to adjust your brush size.

Back
Top Bottom