Look what I got

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
Check out the link that a friend of mine sent me today!! http://64.4.30.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=65e793e9ed8e08806e367a8ee6cecc33&lat=1010797574&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fstrangereports%2ecom%2fmusicnewsv%2ephp%3ffname%3dKelly%26ln ame%3dCline%26bandnam

It is just a joke, but he obviously know me too well!!

------------------
Official Dog-Walker of the ScottPhisto Society

I don't mean to be arrogant, but ...I do feel that we are meant to be one of the great groups. - Bono, Rolling Stone, 1981

[This message has been edited by spinninghead77 (edited 01-11-2002).]

Sorry guys. It won't work. There is a site at www.strangereports.com where you can make fake news articles. It was an article saying that I was supposed to be the guest of honor at a private U2 party, and I never showed up!! I thought that it was pretty funny!!

Did it look like this? Bwahahhaha!

Friday, January 11, 2002

Music News

U2 Let Down By Fan

Late friday night in a guarded building just outside the Staples Center in Los Angeles, U2 threw an after-show party. The guest of honor, however, didn't show up. One of their biggest fans, Sicilian Goddess had been invited to stay with U2 after the show. "We had mailed an invitaion and plane tickets to Sicilian after learning from a friend of theirs how much of a fan they were." Said a spokesman for U2. "But after Sicilian failed to show up at the airport, numerous attempts were made at contacting Sicilian by phone, but we never got through." U2 feels that such a missed opportunity is a sad one, especially since Sicilian was such a big fan. Maybe Sicilian's luck will change in the future, though. But it is highly doubtful, seeing as how this in many respects, was a once in a lifetime experience.

Click Here for more information about this article.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP

OMG! Receiving that news could give me a heart attack!

Cool joke tho!
biggrin.gif

SPINNY!!!! You let U2 down? How could you? They were WAITING for YOU and you never showed up?

*sigh* I would have been there early...
biggrin.gif

------------------
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Yep!! That's exactly what it said. I started laughing so hard that I spit tea all over my desk at work!!!

I can't belive that I let the boys down
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom