Look What I got!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
The best birthday present ever from youtwohearts! :drool: Official lithograph from U2.com! Yet another item that must get signed :combust:

c0f29221.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I've always wondered, what exactly is a lithograph? I figured it was cool since they're so much more expensive than a poster. I love that pic!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Nice! I've always wondered, what exactly is a lithograph? I figured it was cool since they're so much more expensive than a poster. I love that pic!

The lithographs are limited edition, only 250 made, each is numbered....

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic,

A lithograph is created using a printing technique based on the principle that oil and water do not mix. Using oil-based ink or a grease crayon, an image is drawn on a flat stone or metal plate. Water is applied to the surface and is repelled by the areas where oil-based images have been drawn. The entire surface is then coated with an oil-based ink that adheres only to the areas drawn in oil, ink or crayon. The image is then printed on paper. Lithography became a popular printing technique because thousands of exact replicas could be made that were like drawings on paper, without degradation of the image.

http://www.art.com/asp/customerservice/limitededitionfaq-asp/_/default.htm#q1

Miringeltje said:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic,

A lithograph is created using a printing technique based on the principle that oil and water do not mix. Using oil-based ink or a grease crayon, an image is drawn on a flat stone or metal plate. Water is applied to the surface and is repelled by the areas where oil-based images have been drawn. The entire surface is then coated with an oil-based ink that adheres only to the areas drawn in oil, ink or crayon. The image is then printed on paper. Lithography became a popular printing technique because thousands of exact replicas could be made that were like drawings on paper, without degradation of the image.

Thanks! I'm not very artistic so I don't know much about printing techniques. Sounds cool.

Miringeltje said:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic,

You are so smart Miri:cute: I loved the pic on4u2 but had no idea what a lithograph was. I think it is very nice indeed.:up:

Back
Top Bottom