London Book Signing Pics!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no I don't think such a book is worth a penny

if you look at some of the books, it has a X and O sign in front of Larry's auth, and Bono signed Beautiful Ebay under it.... they know... but I guess they can't do much about it...
The only thing that would help is that people stop buying it... but yea, some people have too much money, and they buy it... that's just stupid!
what's the fun in having something signed without a story to tell on how you got it signed? without any good memories?

Galeongirl said:
no I don't think such a book is worth a penny

if you look at some of the books, it has a X and O sign in front of Larry's auth, and Bono signed Beautiful Ebay under it.... they know... but I guess they can't do much about it...
The only thing that would help is that people stop buying it... but yea, some people have too much money, and they buy it... that's just stupid!
what's the fun in having something signed without a story to tell on how you got it signed? without any good memories?

I agree 100%! Also, as someone said before...autographs are worthless unless you're there to get it yourself!

I think it's cool that U2 can pick the ebay sellers out...I wonder how they know? Unless these people make it just that obvious.

kellyahern said:

I don't see the point of paying for an autograph. Even if you're a collector, the book couldn't possibly be worth that much, could it? :crazy:

I agree. Even if it's free and someone's giving it to me (not that I'd decline it), an autograph means absolutely nothing to me unless I get it myself. Wow, someone wrote his name on a piece of paper! Big deal. They ARE just regular men. I would never pay for an autograph. I don't get it either.

sami0201 said:

I agree. Even if it's free and someone's giving it to me (not that I'd decline it), an autograph means absolutely nothing to me unless I get it myself. Wow, someone wrote his name on a piece of paper! Big deal. They ARE just regular men. I would never pay for an autograph. I don't get it either.

:yes: 100% ,it has to be your own !

All well and good if you have the opportunity to go get those autographs yourself, and simple for fans in Europe and (especially) the US, (where Bono seems to live). Bit hopeless if you're like me in Australia where they never seem to visit, or only every 8 years or so. Not to say I would pay money for this stuff but you can understand those who might. :shrug:

And eBay sellers are obviously meeting a market that exists....

digsy said:

and i got a kiss of edge and then bono who i questioned about not going to south africa (where i'm from) on the tour - he was like "id love to go back or something" and i think i said something along the lines of "well you talk about africa enough - you should put your music where your mouth is!" and he just laughed, asked my name and wrote it under his sig and a flower he had drawn!
pics to come soon hopefully

I am so glad you asked him that ... Im from SA too i saw popmart and im still waiting for them to come back :sad:
maybe itll give him something to think about

Back
Top Bottom