London Book Signing Pics!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like Christmas has come early for several U2 fans this week! Congrats Diane on meeting the whole band!:wink:

btw:

71968491.jpg

This is defenitly POP bono! :drool:

Wow, this thread certainly takes the pain away from amazon just telling me I can't get my deluxe edition!!! Just wish my normal one would hurry up now!!!! I wonder if there is something funny on one of the pics in the book, that when you hold it upside down you see something different etc....never know!!

kellyahern said:

:lol:

thats me with the blond(ish) hair trying for a photo! the girl next to me awesome as well, was in line behind me and we went for a drink adn stuff afterwards. felicity i think it was, i dont think she's a poster though but she was well cool :up:

gluey said:
Wow, this thread certainly takes the pain away from amazon just telling me I can't get my deluxe edition!!! Just wish my normal one would hurry up now!!!! I wonder if there is something funny on one of the pics in the book, that when you hold it upside down you see something different etc....never know!!

hey, i wouldn't right off the deluxe edition just yet

my mom works for waterstones here in the uk - she's phoned harper collins publicity and marketing department twice in the last 24 hours saying she has customers enquiring about this (that would be me!) and both times harper collins have told her that the book is NOT cancelled and that they have a postponed delivery date of the 6th November.

and as i say, thats from the publishers themselves straight to the book dealer... not the kind of info they should be getting wrong (fingers crossed)

digsy said:

:lol:

thats me with the blond(ish) hair trying for a photo! the girl next to me awesome as well, was in line behind me and we went for a drink adn stuff afterwards. felicity i think it was, i dont think she's a poster though but she was well cool :up:

Very cool :up:

So even as a U2.com winner you had to wait hours? What time did it start?

digsy said:

my mom works for waterstones here in the uk - she's phoned harper collins publicity and marketing department twice in the last 24 hours saying she has customers enquiring about this (that would be me!) and both times harper collins have told her that the book is NOT cancelled and that they have a postponed delivery date of the 6th November.

and as i say, thats from the publishers themselves straight to the book dealer... not the kind of info they should be getting wrong (fingers crossed)

:bow: I HOPE you're right! Amazon seems to have cancelled the orders for the deluxe, and on www.atu2.com is more stuff about cancelling... I hope they didn't!

one4u2 said:

Very cool :up:

So even as a U2.com winner you had to wait hours? What time did it start?

nah you didn't have to wait hours i guess - in theory the latest you could come in was 10:30 i think (so a 2 hour wait) but that said people were still coming in in trickles at 12 although they may have been special circumstances i don't know.
there was no separation between u2.com winners and the people who queued so when i got in at about 8 there were quite a few people there already and i was about 50th in line. and i had a friend in line who hadn't been a winner but got a wristband that morning so i wanted to join her

it didn't really matter though, either way you were going to meet the band and get your book signed so in theory i guess i could have got there at 10:30 but where's the fun in that!

digsy said:

Oh Digsy I hope you're right!!! :hug: Thankyou for giving me a glimmer of hope! I woke up this morning (its saturday morning here in NZ) to get this email....what a way to start my day :sad:

email from Amazon....

Hello from Amazon.com.

We are sorry to report that we will not be able to obtain the following item from your order:

U2, Neil McCormick "U2 by U2 Deluxe Edition"

Though we had expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found that it is not available from any of our sources at this time. We realize this is disappointing news to hear, and we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you.

We have cancelled this item from your order.

Note: If you took advantage of a promotional offer when placing this order, this cancellation may affect your order's eligibility for that offer. If this is the case, please contact customer service; if we confirm your original order was eligible, we'll reimburse you for the value of the promotional discount. However, we can't reimburse you for rebates offered by manufacturers or by Amazon.com.

For more details about the status of this order, please visit Your Account:

Galeongirl said:

:bow: I HOPE you're right! Amazon seems to have cancelled the orders for the deluxe, and on www.atu2.com is more stuff about cancelling... I hope they didn't!

yeah, thats what i keep on saying to my mom and she keeps on checking her order status and phoning and asking HC direct and they're adamant that its still showing on their computers and that it'll be delivered in November now :shrug:

digsy said:

nah you didn't have to wait hours i guess - in theory the latest you could come in was 10:30 i think (so a 2 hour wait) but that said people were still coming in in trickles at 12 although they may have been special circumstances i don't know.
there was no separation between u2.com winners and the people who queued so when i got in at about 8 there were quite a few people there already and i was about 50th in line. and i had a friend in line who hadn't been a winner but got a wristband that morning so i wanted to join her

it didn't really matter though, either way you were going to meet the band and get your book signed so in theory i guess i could have got there at 10:30 but where's the fun in that!

Thanks, so everyone got in regardless :shifty:

and they let you know the location the day before? Sorry for all the questions, trying to possibly plan Tuesday in NYC :p

digsy said:

yeah, thats what i keep on saying to my mom and she keeps on checking her order status and phoning and asking HC direct and they're adamant that its still showing on their computers and that it'll be delivered in November now :shrug:

I pray for that to be the truth!
I can't even find a deluxe edition on the dutch bookstore here, so I'm not sure if I can buy it online... otherwise I have to buy it for 50 instead of 29 euros at the bookstore...

one4u2 said:

Thanks, so everyone got in regardless :shifty:

and they let you know the location the day before? Sorry for all the questions, trying to possibly plan Tuesday in NYC :p

well i think they only had 100 wristband to hand out at the door and then the 150 u2.com winners who were guaranteed entry. when i got there just after 8 all the handout wristbands had been given out so a total of 250 people i think.
so yeah, everyone who had a wristband was given access and got a book signed (which you had to buy there)

that doesn't mean though that they'll be handing out wristbands in NY - as far as i know Dublin is ONLY competition winners and they're not giving out wristbands like they did in London. so it depends on the venue really, you best just enter the comp, cross your fingers and if you don't win hope and pray that they'll be doing a handout like they did in London

and yeah, location was made public the day before.

Last edited:
digsy said:

well i think they only had 100 wristband to hand out at the door and then the 150 u2.com winners who were guaranteed entry. when i got there just after 8 all the handout wristbands had been given out so a total of 250 people i think.
so yeah, everyone who had a wristband was given access and got a book signed (which you had to buy there)

that doesn't mean though that they'll be handing out wristbands in NY - as far as i know Dublin is ONLY competition winners and they're not giving out wristbands like they did in London. so it depends on the venue really, you best just enter the comp, cross your fingers and if you don't win hope and pray that they'll be doing a handout like they did in London

and yeah, location was made public the day before.

:)

Back
Top Bottom