Lola's at it again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of us “U2 fangirls” do get the fact that because Bono doesn't make public what he donates to charity that some people will assume he doesn't donate anything and therefore those people may perceive him as being a hypocrite. :shrug:

But does the fact, that he doesn't make public what he donates to charity, make him less credible in his fight for Africa? In some peoples eyes yes but not everyone! :eyebrow:

Some people honestly don’t care what he chooses to do with his own hard earned money coz in the end it’s his message is that’s more important and the fact that he is making a difference. I personally had no idea the dire straits Africa was truely in until Bono started his caimpaigns and I'm sure many would agree with me on this. :yes:

I mean, you can’t live your life waiting for someone else to make your choices for you i.e. if you feel that you want to help your brothers and sisters in Africa by buying (red) products, joining Bono’s ONE campaign or encouraging your government to get your national GDP (not sure if I got the wording right!?) up the agreed 0,7% (this isn’t a figure that Bono’s invented but an agreed proposal made by all the member states of the UN several years ago!) then do and don’t look to Bono or anyone else, do what you feel is right and proper and helps YOU sleep at night!?! :)

Yes it would be great if Bono could please everyone all time but that's just asking the impossible of him! He's only human!! One should always remember the old saying, and I've posted this before but it obviously needs to be said again, 'You can please some of the people all of the time, All of the people some of the time but never ALL of the people ALL of the time'!!! :wink:

Last edited:
absintheminded said:
:ohmy:
What a surprise. Same old crew arguing endlessy with just one other person. It takes all four of you to fight with another Pleban?
.....I knew this thread didn't go on and on about little Lola!

You actually might want to read through the whole thread to see how this came about before you sit there and past judgement on anyone here. And you are one to talk, 'absintheminded' nice new alter you have there.. How is it working for ya now?:|

hcbiggs2002 said:
I think most of us “U2 fangirls” do get the fact that because Bono doesn't make public what he donates to charity that some people will assume he doesn't donate anything and therefore those people may perceive him as being a hypocrite. :shrug:

But does the fact, that he doesn't make public what he donates to charity, make him less credible in his fight for Africa? In some peoples eyes yes but not everyone! :eyebrow:

Some people honestly don’t care what he chooses to do with his own hard earned money coz in the end it’s his message is that’s more important and the fact that he is making a difference. I personally had no idea the dire straits Africa was truely in until Bono started his caimpaigns and I'm sure many would agree with me on this. :yes:

I mean, you can’t live your life waiting for someone else to make your choices for you i.e. if you feel that you want to help your brothers and sisters in Africa by buying (red) products, joining Bono’s ONE campaign or encouraging your government to get your national GDP (not sure if I got the wording right!?) up the agreed 0,7% (this isn’t a figure that Bono’s invented but an agreed proposal made by all the member states of the UN several years ago!) then do and don’t look to Bono or anyone else, do what you feel is right and proper and helps YOU sleep at night!?! :)

Yes it would be great if Bono could please everyone all time but that's just asking the impossible of him! He's only human!! One should always remember the old saying, and I've posted this before but it obviously needs to be said again, 'You can please some of the people all of the time, All of the people some of the time but never ALL of the people ALL of the time'!!! :wink:

Awesome HCB!!:applaud: :hug: You put that way better than I have the couple times I've tried to articulate something similar on here and in a couple PMs. I remember telling someone in a PM yesterday that all of the people who have made the biggest difference in the world didn't care or lose sleep over being misperceived in their causes, motives, and words as long as they believed (and more importantly in many of their lives, including Bono's) that God believes what they're doing is right. As Bono has said, The most important question is "not whether I believe in God, but whether God believes in me." Another quote I love of his is from one of his pastor friends, "Stop asking God to bless what you're doing. Get involved with what God's doing because that's already blessed." It's clear from The Bible, that after redemption/salvation (something Bono always says) caring for the poor/sick is what's next on God's mind and what should be next on ours.

hcbiggs2002 said:

Agreed! :applaud:

I can appreciate the cynicism and annoyance by some at hearing a multi-millionaire advising the working class to put the money aside that we spend on small extravagances towards helping the needy in Africa, but even if Bono was a complete hypocrite does that make his actual message any less valid? The fact remains that there are millions of people in Africa that can be helped if we would each contribute just a little of our time and money the we spend on things that we could easily do without.

As many have pointed out before, no one here knows how much Bono actually contributes monetarily. Personally, in situations such as this, I feel it's better to err on the side of having faith in the goodness of people rather than believing the worst of them. I don't know Bono personally, but I like to believe he contributes as generously with his money as he does with his time, and if he doesn't it has no bearing on my choices in helping the less fortunate.

Lola probably has dirt on the band..they arent angels. It does seem a lilttle absurd to go to court over some personal items and a hat. But whatever..U2 fans arent fans because of what they do in private..we like their music. Time to move on EVERYONE..

angels and rock bands don't really go together.. no the guys aren't saints but neither is anyone else in a rock band.. they just truely human. As simple as that.

This thread and the other subjects are really past done.. let's let it die out (which it was on its way until now..) or get closed whichever comes first.

teenie said:
Lola probably has dirt on the band..they arent angels. It does seem a lilttle absurd to go to court over some personal items and a hat. But whatever..U2 fans arent fans because of what they do in private..we like their music. Time to move on EVERYONE..

If had bothered to read the last 19 odd pages then you'd know that Lola hasn't been mentioned since about page 2! :huh: And this has been said before but obviously needs to be said again IT WAS Ms CASHMAN WHO BROUGHT THE CASE TO COURT NOT U2!! U2 didn't really have any other choice in the matter. :tsk:

teenie said:

:up: :applaud:

hcbiggs2002 said:

If had bothered to read the last 19 odd pages then you'd know that Lola hasn't been mentioned since about page 2! :huh: And this has been said before but obviously needs to be said again IT WAS Ms CASHMAN WHO BROUGHT THE CASE TO COURT NOT U2!! U2 didn't really have any other choice in the matter. :tsk:

Dont have time to sit a read 19 pages..if you do you probably have too much time on your hands:rolleyes: next..

teenie said:

Dont have time to sit a read 19 pages..if you do you probably have too much time on your hands:rolleyes: next..

reading the last two pages would of summed it up for you enough to get the idea that this thread went wayyyyyyyyyyyy off topic...:|

I guess I will keep being a broken record but folks, lets let this thread die... it really is way past done..:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom