Location of 'Band Meetings and Sightings' possible change...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think about relocating 'Band Meetings and Sightings'

• Don't move it! I like it where it is.

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • I think moving it would be a good idea, a lot of people besides PLEBA would be interested in it!

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Hi all,

This forum has grown quite nicely since it's inception, and really holds mass appeal to the general forum, and not just those within PLEBA. This will be even more true with the coming of a tour.

I am seriously considering moving this forum to be listed below PLEBA in the 'Your Blue Room' section on the main forum page.

I'd like to get a show of hands to see how you all feel about this... respond to the poll.

Thanks,

Joel

I definately feel that it is not only PLEBANS that meet the band, therefore it would probably be better under a general forum. My 2?

Maybe move it under Everything you know is wrong as that is the most read forum all things U2 related?

I know I don't post often but as much as I am a completely logical person, and this a perfectly logical idea, I have to say I?m against moving it just because I rather read fewer more introspective stories rather than a bunch of ?I saw him, he smiled and signed my CD, and then he left.? I mean that in the sense that because this forum is under Pleba (which is probably the only part of Interference that can be seen as community and not nearly as prone to trolls) the writers feel more free to gush about the little details, such as how they smelled what they were wearing how good it felt get a hug and just well read the stories, they have a very particular perspective and it's what makes them interesting and read-worthy. Putting it in a general forum such as EYKIW where commenting on a picture with anything other than "cool" (e.g. he looks so hot) is seen as superfluous by most readers and sometimes cause for conflict which would inevitably make the stories more dull and not as openly shared. My suggestion (as illogical as it is) for those people scared to venture into Pleba is to just make another little forum for them?just my 2 cents.

I don't care. But I think PLEBA is better than Everything You... But either way am happy! :)

allergictomiami said:
I know I don't post often but as much as I am a completely logical person, and this a perfectly logical idea, I have to say I?m against moving it just because I rather read fewer more introspective stories rather than a bunch of ?I saw him, he smiled and signed my CD, and then he left.? I mean that in the sense that because this forum is under Pleba (which is probably the only part of Interference that can be seen as community and not nearly as prone to trolls) the writers feel more free to gush about the little details, such as how they smelled what they were wearing how good it felt get a hug and just well read the stories, they have a very particular perspective and it's what makes them interesting and read-worthy. Putting it in a general forum such as EYKIW where commenting on a picture with anything other than "cool" (e.g. he looks so hot) is seen as superfluous by most readers and sometimes cause for conflict which would inevitably make the stories more dull and not as openly shared. My suggestion (as illogical as it is) for those people scared to venture into Pleba is to just make another little forum for them?just my 2 cents.

I agree with you. :yes: That's a lot like what I was thinking.

I see the points for wanting to move it and they are good reasons. But the only thing that worries me is that some of the PLEBA girls who meet the band tell their stories in, well, "PLEBA" ways, like a friend to friend thing with people they know, and might not feel comfortable telling it from their hearts their own way if they know guys and other non-PLEBA and anti-PLEBA people will be reading their story. Of course, all those people probably already read it anyway. Is there any way we could leave this here and have another one for everyone, and the PLEBA girls could stay here if they want or post in both if they choose to?

I agree with the tour coming up we are going to have a lot more meetings and sightings, not only by PLEBAns and there needs to be a place for all that. Maybe the Band Meetings and Sightings could be on EYKIW, and this could stay as a smaller, PLEBA story thing? Knowing from personal experience how PLEBA girls are sometimes treated by anti-PLEBA people in other parts of the forum and with many PLEBA girls not feeling comfortable in other places of the forum, I'd really hate to see these cute stories change because girls felt like they couldn't tell it the way they do if it's on the open forum. I think only PLEBA people will understand what I'm trying to say, but it is something to consider.

Last edited:
Trust me... other people already read it too... aside from PLEBA ppl. The intention of this forum would not change, just the location.

Besides... it may encourage some people to get around a bit more ;)

I guess it would depend on how the forum is moderated :shrug: If people start criticizing others for "gushing" in the Pleba way we do now :sexywink: , then it wouldn't be as much fun to read. I guess right now people feel comfortable writing in style we do now, and are afraid that that would change if the forum was moved.

But we won't really know until we try, so maybe we should just see how it goes :)

Originally posted by Kellyahern

I guess it would depend on how the forum is moderated If people start criticizing others for "gushing" in the Pleba way we do now , then it wouldn't be as much fun to read. I guess right now people feel comfortable writing in style we do now, and are afraid that that would change if the forum was moved.

That's it, Kelly. :up:

People may read these stories, but since it's in PLEBA the kind of person who makes fun of PLEBA and the gushing and drooling will not do so in our own community, but will outside it. A lot of girls have tried getting around more but a lot of us come back, or stay mostly here, and feel safer here. There are things we say here that we would not do or say on other forums. I really feel like most of the PLEBA girls' stories would lose their friendliness and flavor if it were on the open forum. I don't know how else to say this other than what we've already said, unless you're a PLEBAn you really wouldn't understand :(

But I don't see what's wrong with leaving this here and making a different one for everyone else, since with the tour the meetings will be of a different type anyway. If this forum is moved or deleted, I hope that at least the PLEBA girls who choose to tell their story only to the PLEBA community will be allowed to post it on the regular PLEBA forum and not have it moved :(

There really isn't anywhere else for the girls to tell it 'that' way. This is our own special home here, only a true PLEBAn would understand.

The girl who runs the Bonoonline forum is so anti-'stalker' that she says no band meeting stories will be welcome and they will be deleted on sight:sigh:

Last edited:
I'm afraid some girls will be so afraid of the kind of feedback they'd get, or just feel so embarrassed by what they want to say that they will change the way the tell the story in the first place. :(

thinking....thinking.....

U2Kitten said:

That's it, Kelly. :up:

People may read these stories, but since it's in PLEBA the kind of person who makes fun of PLEBA and the gushing and drooling will not do so in our own community, but will outside it. A lot of girls have tried getting around more but a lot of us come back, or stay mostly here, and feel safer here. There are things we say here that we would not do or say on other forums. I really feel like most of the PLEBA girls' stories would lose their friendliness and flavor if it were on the open forum. But I don't see what's wrong with leaving this here and making a different one for everyone else, since with the tour the meetings will be of a different type anyway.

Hi, Elvis.
I tend to agree with U2Kit & Kelly they're just saying it better.

If this forum is moved or deleted, I hope that at least the PLEBA girls who choose to tell their story only to the PLEBA community will be allowed to post it on the regular PLEBA forum and not have it moved :(

There really isn't anywhere else for the girls to tell it 'that' way.

I definately agree with the above . Let those who want to post in PLEBA only do so, and if they want to do so in the open one and perhaps 'edit themselves' on that one can.

Even I myself felt kind quesy when i quiokly glanced at the suggestion several days back!

And while I have hardly if ever yet posted in ETYKIW because I just don't have the time/money to do so- and would hope i get to more in the future; I do post ocasionally in FYM and wouuld even do more there with enuff time & money.

I think you might understand. Think of it as ...a gentler version... of 'locker room' type talk at times .

Some other women and a lot of guys/men feel real strange at reading this type of 'expressiveness' from girls/gals/women. Some even get really angry outright or even on a semi or unconcious level. This type of talk still isn't exactly accepted even here in esp certain regions or parts of cultures in the USA {i know this is a world-wide forum and I love for that reason , too}

Heck, you all toned it down from what it could really be like {REAL women's locker talk :lol:} back then-- I used to lurk about 2 yrs ago :D. It was great IMHO because women felt so free to be so 'freewheeling'. to really say how they felt. I can understand why you changed it and I still have a whole lot of fun in that thread so I'm just pointing it out, to help make my curent overall point .

Sure, OK other people have read the stuff...but we don't "know it" so to speak. And they don't stop in and razz us.

I'm sure some of the girls/gals/women might just even unconciously self-censor themselves if that was their/our only outlet.aand the kind of not really acceptability can make girls/women embarrassed because some part of them still believe's it 'unexceptable behavoir'. Some may be comfortABLE WITH THat mix of feelings and others may not & shut that part down.

In one of the most major Tolkien sites were they have the Films section the have among a sea of forums/threads: the films and The fILMS 'swooning' threads, which i'm sure you can guess the differences.

If you insist.....ok I'll try it but I don't think I'd feel real good about it.
thanks for polling us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom