Live From Red Rocks- AGAIN!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foadie

War Child
I just got the video today. What to say what to say!!!! That was definitely the coolest thing I've ever seen!!

I know we've had a million threads about this lovely video, but maybe you girls would like to tell favorite moments and post
pictures?

I love when Edge and Bono share the mic...and Larry's facial expressions...SBS was just amazing...Adam grooving like I've
never seen! All so youthful and HOT!!!! :yes:

:drool: :combust: :heart:

index.jpg

A_017.jpg

Gawd, I saw this again last weekend, and I love it so much!!! They were so energetic. Oh my Larry!!! :cute:

And not to mention Bono's butt. :drool:

A_078.jpg

My favorite part, when Edge takes the lead and starts
to sing Seconds. I love that song, I wish they would start
playing that song live again. Adam moved around alot more
back then.

A_005.jpg

A_016.jpg

oooo! it might be time to watch this again :D

some of my favorite parts...

at the very end, when the camera follows Bono as he starts to go offstage... then Edge launches into I Will Follow and Bono whips around and gives this BIG grin and runs back to the microphone to start dancing and singing again... it's SUCH a classic moment!

and every time Bono says "brother" he looks at Edge :cute:

and Adam's all bouncy

and Larry's a little cutie!

*Red Rocks fuzzies*

I think I need to watch it again, after seeing this thread. I just watched the promo for the best of DVD...and I am excited about it!! Ed says he's getting it for me for christmas...

YAY!!

I will watch red rocks tomorrow and post my fave moments.

bono1.jpg

i rented from this local video rental shop when i started listening to u2 (after renting rattle and hum, and the zoo tv concert, but before the achtung baby videos--it's a really great place to rent videos), and the entire time was thinking how cool it would have been to be there...and then remebering that it was a year before i was born...:|

Haha, I like the part at the beginning of IWF when the girl runs up on stage and into Bono.

It cracks me up everytime when I see the hole in Bono's pants at his butt. :lmao:

Me: :ohmy: Oh my....that can't be true.........Bono's butt...........a hole....................GAH! :drool:

Is that really a hole in his pants? For years and years I thought it was butt (;)) then I realized it was-or what I thought was-a tag next to one of the pockets. Anyone else have any opinions on this? I would be very happy if it turns out that my first suspicion was correct ;)

U2morrow said:
Is that really a hole in his pants? For years and years I thought it was butt (;)) then I realized it was-or what I thought was-a tag next to one of the pockets.
My friend tried to convince me that it was a piece of paper or a tag or whatever hanging there. :ohmy:

But these pants don't have any tags - why exactly there? :|

I believe it is a hole. And since I read somewhere that Bono sometimes didn't wore underpants.............I love to believe it is pale Irish skin. :shifty::drool:

Red Rocks is so awesome and really shows that Bono was born to be a performer, he has the audience captivated during the entire concert. It does make me laugh that his bum gets more screen time than Adam and Larry combined. Wonders who was the director of photography on that one? :laugh:

Other high points -- Larry smiles throughout the entire thing. Yes, yes, I'm that those of you who haven't seen must think I'm exagerated because Larry never smiles. Wrong! He is practically giddy during Red Rocks, it is very sweet to watch. (Larry was also doing an insane amount of smiling at Slane.)

Edge definitely stands out the most for me from Red Rocks. Playing electric, acoustic and slide guitar as well as piano and taking lead vocals on Seconds -- amazing! Plus, he is so sweetly beautiful. :love: I do blame this video for my Baby Edge infatuation...

new04.jpg

A_015.jpg

A_00.jpg

A_10.jpg

FallingStar said:

I believe it is a hole. And since I read somewhere that Bono sometimes didn't wore underpants.............I love to believe it is pale Irish skin. :shifty::drool:

Mauhauh then i will believe the same ;)

I really like the part right after they finish playing 11 O'clock Tick Tock when Bono is about to leave the stage and when they start playing I Will Follow, his face lights up all of a sudden and he goes back on the stage. :cute:

And Larry at the beginning of ITABTAW, he's so damn cute playing those drums! :D

Last edited:
Yay!! Thanks for the pictures girls. It's hard to get stills or pictures from that.

I always get chills when Bono marches out with that white flag. :yes:

YAY RED ROCKS
I have found that two aspirin and Red Rocks cures any headache.
kristie's high points:
  • two words: butt twitch
  • the part where Bono swings the girl around and Adam like dives out of the way
  • the guy molesting Bono's arm
  • when they all run out
  • the part when Adam's shirt is mysteriously all the way open
  • edge stomp

okay so that's all I can come up with right now

Kristie said:
  • edge stomp

YES!!!!!!

If you watch... Adam's shirt gets progessively more and more open until it's all the way open at the end! lol

and baby Edge stomp is the CUTEST THING! :cute:

I think I must watch this tonight... forget finals! lol

Kristie said:
YAY RED ROCKS
I have found that two aspirin and Red Rocks cures any headache.
kristie's high points:
  • two words: butt twitch
  • the part where Bono swings the girl around and Adam like dives out of the way
  • the guy molesting Bono's arm
  • when they all run out
  • edge stomp

okay so that's all I can come up with right now

And there's also the Baby Edge bum wiggle :cute:

Ok, I have to post this because whenever my sister sees the ed Rocks "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" performance she screams for it....

Did anyone ever notice (and I'm sure PLEBA's did!) the hand that reaches up and *grabs* Bono's ass when he stands at the front of the stage with the white flag?

He suddenly backs up and leaves. It's quite funny. I always wonder who it is. They really grabbed tight....

I live near Red Rocks. It's so amazing there. I would have given anything to see that show.

Elisabeth

...I know I've posted this before, but way back in the olden days of around 1987, we used to rent and watch, rent and watch, on and on, "Red Rocks"...mostly to see Bono's butt, but also to see his...em...very happy state....If you knowwhatImean....let's just say he was ELEVATED in his youth as well as in his middle age...:censored:

And the version we used to watch still had the part where Bono climbs up on the rocks and sings some song about clowns that they did not have authorization to sing and so it's been removed from later versions because it was enfringing on copywright laws. I know my personal version which I bought last year does not have this footage.

:wave:

Thanks for this thread, I love Red Rocks very much. It will always be what U2 is to me, and they will remain young and hot and tight butted forever to me. LOVE Bono's boots and the way he walked in them. EXTREME HOTNESS

:combust:

Bless you for this Foadie, you have no idea how much I needed this :hug: :heart: I have been really out of it but I will see if I can get some hot pics uploaded on my boompseed and post them. Icelady where are you? ;)

dsmith2904 said:

And there's also the Baby Edge bum wiggle :cute:

i fully intend on renting this video when i go home and have a vcr/tv...and i'm probably going to be looking for THAT part now...in both red rocks and the slane special from cbs...combustion impending...

i didn't notice the hole in bono's pants...i didn't notice edge's butt wiggle, i did notice adam's though! what WAS he doing? just pay attention to adam, i forget what song(s)...but you'll see what i mean...

and there's someone in the audience waving a small picnic cooler, i'm not sure why i noticed that and not edge's bum-wiggle...well, actually it was cos i watched it prior to internet corruption...hehe, pleba corrupted my brains...nah, i was already like this, a little...and i don't MIND...

Back
Top Bottom