Live 8ing PLEBAns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:
Where are they going to have it in Philly?

If they don't have tickets, they can't have it in a stadium, can they? :huh:

Near the Musuem of Art...I'm assuming they have a hugeass field. Details about how to attend are going to be up soon...

Come and play Kelly! :hyper:

kellyahern said:

Yeah, it's bad when you get the estimate and you almost cry :reject:

But I'll be watching on TV :yes: You guys should make a huge sign :D

If I had a snowball's chance of going to London though, I'd sell a kidney :lol:

agreed :lol:

It's kind of funny how history repeats itself, isn't it?

In 1985, London seemed way better too :lol:

London 1985: David Bowie
Philly: Bryan Adams

London: Queen
Philly: Huey Lewis and the News

London: U2
Philly: Hall & Oats

London: Sting
Philly: Rick Springfield

London: The Who
Philly: Power Station (without Robert Palmer :yikes: )

London: Paul McCartney
Philly: REO Speedwagon

I know Philly wasn't all bad of course, but it kinda seems we got the short end of the stick :lol: That's why I think the "Philly sucks" live8 thread is kind of funny, "Hey, it was the same 20 years ago too." :wink:

Last edited:
I agree - I only hope that MTV/VH1 will cover this live and not have say a newlyweds marathon or something equally vapid (not that I don't enjoy vapid at times - I just think this is really important)

nurse chrissi said:
I agree - I only hope that MTV/VH1 will cover this live and not have say a newlyweds marathon or something equally vapid (not that I don't enjoy vapid at times - I just think this is really important)

me too :yes: I'm counting on someone putting the whole thing on TV live :hyper:

I remember as a kid how cool it was that they were showing things from London and Philly. I think one of the radio stations also must have been broadcasting it, because I remember my sister and I thinking the delay of the sound on the radio compared to the tv was really cool :lol: (we were 9 and easily amused :reject: ).

Last edited:
I know the London concert is apparantley going to be held in Hyde Park which is huge. I think the party in the park concert usually gets around 100,000 people in there!

nurse chrissi said:
I'm considering Philly right now - the problem here is Philly or save for more u2 concerts in the fall. If the Philly show would switch with the London show I might already be camped out waiting:lol:

still this is an opportunity of a lifetime....

Yah, this is a tough one. From Seattle it's about $750 flight and hotel for 2 nights. But I haven't yet bought tickets or airfare for the shows in Chicago or Houston this fall. (I feel so selfish, but this is how I think about finances these days :reject: )

Then my husband suggested hosting a viewing party here that day and trying to raise donations for the Global Fund or something. It sounds like a more efficient way to get something done and make a difference, but I still want to go to Philly and be part of it!! WAAAAAHHHH :sad:

Maybe I should check flights only and sleep on the street. :hmm:

If anyone is in the boston area that's going, here is some info that might help. Also if people are in another city that are going, I'm sure Oxfam is organizing it there. Check it out!

Join Oxfam America and some of the world’s top music acts at the Live 8 concert on July 2 at the Museum of Art in Philadelphia, and demand an end to poverty!

The leaders of the world’s eight richest nations (the “G8”) will gather in Scotland on July 6 for the G8 Summit. The Live 8 concerts are being organized so that we can all get together to demand that the G8 help bring about an end to extreme global poverty. We want more and better aid, debt relief, and fair trade.

Oxfam has reserved a bus to transport our supporters from Boston to Philadelphia on the morning of the concert. We need volunteers to attend Live 8 and ask concert-goers to sign our Big Noise petition to “Make Trade Fair.” All volunteers will get a “Make Trade Fair” tee-shirt and we only ask for 1-2 hours of your time so that you can also enjoy the concert. For more information on the Big Noise petition, logon to www.maketradefair.org.

The bus will be leaving promptly at 5:00 a.m. on Saturday morning from the corner of Charles St. and Beacon Street. Paid parking is available in the Boston Common parking lot. For directions and information go to http://www.mccahome.com/garage/rates.aspx. The bus will return to Boston immediately following the conclusion of the concert.

Free breakfast and lunch will be provided to all volunteers on the bus. There are 55 seats on the bus, and will be reserved on a first-come-first-serve basis. To reserve a seat, contact Erin Allweiss at eallweiss@oxfamamerica.org, and provide your contact information in the email.

All volunteers must attend a pre-concert briefing at Oxfam America on Thursday, June 30 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. The Oxfam office is located at 26 West Street, Boston (near the Park Street T stop).

If you can’t join us, be sure to check out the concert online at www.aol.com or watch clips throughout the day on MTV and VH1.

My friend got tickets to Hyde Park. She's from Ohio, but her parents are living in Scottland so she's there right now. Her mom sent in a postcard and voila! Live 8 tickets arrived in the mail!

Back
Top Bottom