LIVE 8 Official DVD - I am on it!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosCamerawoma

The Fly
Well the official Live 8 DVD came out here in the UK today and my Bono bag is on it towards the end of Vertigo!! As some of you know, I had a bag made out of a photo I had with Bono in Dublin last May and in June this year Bono signed it and drew sunglasses on my face - when I screamed at him "What are you doing to my bag?!!" He smiled that smile of his and said "I'm turning you into me!!". My 8 year old daughter and I ended up in the Gold Circle at Hyde Park right at the front and when we got home and watched the BBC footage they showed a close up during Vertigo of me holding the bag over my head.

I was worried that it might have been edited out for the official DVD and I am lucky as quite a few changes have been made to the original footage but thank goodness I am still in! It will be something to show the grandchildren one day and it means such a lot to me as I went to the original Live Aid concert too 20 years ago at Wembley.

In a couple of weeks my husband and I are making our first trip to New York to see the boys at MSG and we can't wait. I will be bringing the bag, so if any of you see me, please come over and say hello I would love to meet you.

If you are interested the story of my bag is on my site u2chat.com.

By the way, I am BonosCamerawoman but the name was too long and it has cut off the last letter (just in case you thought it was a strange name!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

BonosCamerawoma said:
Well the official Live 8 DVD came out here in the UK today and my Bono bag is on it towards the end of Vertigo!! As some of you know, I had a bag made out of a photo I had with Bono in Dublin last May and in June this year Bono signed it and drew sunglasses on my face - when I screamed at him "What are you doing to my bag?!!" He smiled that smile of his and said "I'm turning you into me!!". My 8 year old daughter and I ended up in the Gold Circle at Hyde Park right at the front and when we got home and watched the BBC footage they showed a close up during Vertigo of me holding the bag over my head.

I was worried that it might have been edited out for the official DVD and I am lucky as quite a few changes have been made to the original footage but thank goodness I am still in! It will be something to show the grandchildren one day and it means such a lot to me as I went to the original Live Aid concert too 20 years ago at Wembley.

In a couple of weeks my husband and I are making our first trip to New York to see the boys at MSG and we can't wait. I will be bringing the bag, so if any of you see me, please come over and say hello I would love to meet you.

If you are interested the story of my bag is on my site u2chat.com.

By the way, I am BonosCamerawoman but the name was too long and it has cut off the last letter (just in case you thought it was a strange name!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

:up:

They cut u2's performance????? Glad I have it on tape.

Did you notice were they fixed Bono's vocal's - there was a report of autotuning some singing pitch issues.

Did they leave in Vertigo's "just give me what I fucking want..." line?

u2fp

Queen Bee said:

:down:

That was my favorite part of the One performance.

I think they may have cut this out because of the wrong note Edge played in the middle of Unchained Melody when Bono burst out laughing, Adam was trying to keep a straight face but Edge's face didn't alter!! We all laughed with Bono at the front and it was a great moment (Edge is human after all!!!) but maybe they asked for this to be removed. At least all the main tracks are in as most artists have lost at least one song.

I am grateful for this as I think if they had cut one song out it would have been Vertigo and then I wouldn't have been on.

Look out for a giant U2 banner, it just says U2 in black on a white board, I only held it up for a while during Sgt Peppers and Beautiful Day but got yelled at by the people behind for blocking their view :reject:

And BOO!! for cutting U2's performance :grumpy:

MrsDarcy said:
Wow I saw you BonosCamerawoman! And I just thought about how much I wanted that bag while watching Live 8.
Congrats! :up:

Thanks Mrs Darcy ... its amazing my DVD isn't worn out now, my 2 children aged 5 and 8 have watched it over and over since they came home from school!!!!

Congratulations on getting on the dvd BonosCamerawoman!

I cant remember seeing you but when i get the dvd ill be sure to look! :)

Aswell as that......have an amazing time in new york!!!! :hyper:

I saw you too!! it's not just a fleeting shot either is it? very clear and memorable.

I can't believe they cut Bono's speech.

I also saw you, recognized the bag and remember reading your story, that's great! I will be at MSG on the 22nd, are you going then? Will be looking for that bag :wink:

congrats on getting on dvd! :up:

but how unfortunate for them cutting out unchained melody.
but how unfortunate times five for them cutting out bono's speech. :angry:

I haven't gotten the DVD yet, but I'll be sure to look for you! Shame about them cutting out stuff. Boo!

seajewel said:
I also saw you, recognized the bag and remember reading your story, that's great! I will be at MSG on the 22nd, are you going then? Will be looking for that bag :wink:

Yes I'm going to both nights - so you never know we might bump into each other - I hope so!!

Omg! One of my clearest memories from that concert (most of it was on in hours I'm normally in bed so I don't remember a whole lot) that isn't U2 is you holding your bag!

Very cool. :cool:

I remember that BAG!!!:drool:
I had a pic of you and the cool bag too.
I do not know what happend to it though:( .
Does anyone have it to post?

Carmelu2fan said:
I remember that BAG!!!:drool:
I had a pic of you and the cool bag too.
I do not know what happend to it though:( .
Does anyone have it to post?

handbag.jpg

Back
Top Bottom