Like all other stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LostAtMoon said:

I can understand her. It seems to me that she was more comfortable with the situation than yourself.

She was. She met him once before--back in the Zoo days and she reacted like I did (my first meeting) and she said she was prepared because he has an indescribable effect on some people.

[/B][/QUOTE] This is something that's been giving me some though because there's a tinny chance that I might find myself in the same situation (next year, a gig in town – not confirmed yet), and I don’t know if I’ll be avoiding it again (self protection?), as I’ve done before.
And I think that it's a privilege to keep such a memory. Could I possibly be more confused than this? [/B][/QUOTE]

If you get the chance to meet him or even be close to him you won't regret it. Even though I didn't get a chance to speak with him, or have my picture taken with him or even get an autograph, I was happy with my experience. Next time I'll do better. :wink:

sweetie said:
If you get the chance to meet him or even be close to him you won't regret it.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I think it'll be easier for me now to make the decision whether to dare get close to him, or not. I hope your next time works a lot better. ;)

I think that naturally as you get older it is harder to make room for new friends. I mean really close friends, I think instead you hold close to the people who have known you for a long time and have continued to be your friend through thick and thin. Not that you don't meet new people and develop relationships, but I think they are more like acquaintances. So I think he probably has his close friends from before U2 and young U2 and so on.

I guess the real problem with that whole "friendship" thing is TIME.

I guess all four of them already have so little time for their families and friends in their busy lives....

BonoFox1 said:
Bono will go out of his way to meet and chat up fans if he has the time, and it's true that if he had that chance he is curious about who and what you are about..but be warned..Bono looks you straight in the eye

Truer words were never spoken. ;)

Though I was asked a bunch when I first joined to share my Bono-meetings here I just haven't had the time (in 3+ years :ohmy:) to really go about putting them together... However, I must say that at one point I had thought Bono would be more likely to befriend a fellow star over a fan simply out of the fact that celebrity sort of creates its own sheltered world as a result of money & need for privacy, but I changed my view re: Bono. He doesn't give a flying f:censored:k who you are, if he's interested he's interested and if he's not he's not. He's a straight-shooter very unlike a lot of the people I've been dealing with more & more as my career rises another rung on the ladder. There are so many shady, shallow, superficial, stubborn, and totally paranoid people in the entertainment industry -- and most of them aren't even famous! I've had to sign dumb:censored:s contracts with self-important directors you'll probably never hear of just to complete a project, whereas I've had half hour conversations with Bono in the middle of the night with no security around at all... Ah, well, I could go about this subject forever! :rant: Anyhoo, I think Bono's just Bono -- he doesn't believe his own hype, which is a major downfall of some stars. That and I have a feeling he's a very good judge of character, which can really help any person befriend total strangers be they fans or stars. Heck, think of all the artists who've been ripped off and/or sued by their supposed friends, parent(s), kid(s), personal assistants, nannies, the list goes on... Lot's of misjudgment there... Ok, lol, rant over! *steps off soapbox*
:wink:

There are alot of insecure idiots in the entertainment industry. I've heard horror stories about them. I have never wanted to work in it because I have a low frustration threshold, and I'd go totally nuts dealing with all of the :censored:holes.

verte76 said:
There are alot of insecure idiots in the entertainment industry. I've heard horror stories about them. I have never wanted to work in it because I have a low frustration threshold, and I'd go totally nuts dealing with all of the :censored:holes.

I've worked in radio, public relations, and public schools. Unfortunately there are :censored: holes everywhere.

verte76 said:

You should see my medicine cabinet. :|

:wink: Hi Mel! pssst it's me Becky!

Good to see ya girl :wave:

Pardon the interruption Ladies, back to topic.

I don't know if it would be possible to become friends with Bono, yet stranger things have happened. <imho> You would need more than a couple minutes or hours, every few years to build a friendship. It takes time to build "real" friendships.

I bet ya though if Bono found something absolutely captivating, fascinating about one of his fans , he might want to get to know them or even maybe corresponde with them , and yes ultimatley become friends with them! I don't think you have to be Gwen Stefani for this to happen but it sure would be an advantage. lol

so anyhoo, there ya go, my take on the deal.

:D

You would need more than a couple minutes or hours, every few years to build a friendship. It takes time to build "real" friendships.
I certainly know a lot about this.

I bet ya though if Bono found something absolutely captivating, fascinating about one of his fans , he might want to get to know them or even maybe corresponde with them
This was exactly my point! (Doen't this happen to everybody?)

What about Gwen? What does she have that I don't? Blond hair? I will never be a blond. I love to be a brunet and I'm a lot more interesting than she is.:D :D

LostAtMoon said:

This was exactly my point! (Doen't this happen to everybody?)

What about Gwen? What does she have that I don't? Blond hair? I will never be a blond. I love to be a brunet and I'm a lot more interesting than she is.:D :D

Um,, not usually. The only story of a band member befriending a fan that I can pull off the top of my head is from a Metallica Behind The Music < I think> . Kirk <the guitar player> befriended some dude who was a fan. Of course , this fan was a guitar player and so "a common bond" was forged captivating and fascinating Kirk . Also the guy apparently followed the bands every move :D lol

What Gwen has that most of us do not is the "inner circle of celebrity" and more time! I'm sure were just as interesting or more interesting than Ms. Stefani. Just be prepared to captivate and fascinate no matter wot your hair color is!! lmao!

partygirl2u said:
:wink: Hi Mel! pssst it's me Becky!

Good to see ya girl :wave:

Pardon the interruption Ladies, back to topic.

I don't know if it would be possible to become friends with Bono, yet stranger things have happened. <imho> You would need more than a couple minutes or hours, every few years to build a friendship. It takes time to build "real" friendships.

I bet ya though if Bono found something absolutely captivating, fascinating about one of his fans , he might want to get to know them or even maybe corresponde with them , and yes ultimatley become friends with them! I don't think you have to be Gwen Stefani for this to happen but it sure would be an advantage. lol

so anyhoo, there ya go, my take on the deal.

:D

Becky!!! Good to see ya!! :D :hug:

Ok... back to your regularly scheduled programming... lol :p

partygirl2u said:

What Gwen has that most of us do not is the "inner circle of celebrity"

Precisely.

I'm sure if I were wintering in the South of France with my pals Brad Pitt & Jennifer Aniston, I'd have a much better chance befriending Bono than sitting here at my keyboard in LA typing this post right now. LMAO!

(Special note: I am not really friends with Brad & Jen -- I was being cheeky.)

if i was a star i wouldn't like to make friends only with people who would treat me as some kind of a godess or something, 'cause that would mean (for me) that they don't want to be my friends because they like me as a person, but only because i'm famous. and these wouldn't be real friends.

imagine a situation when you work somewhere and suddenly you meet Bono coming to you in some business. he doesn't have to know you're his fan at all. and i think as long as you treat him as a normal person and not a god, you talk to him normally without, let's say, kissing the ground he walks on, that doesn't matter if you're his fan or not. you just shouldn't act like a fanatic :).

but i can't be sure. i'll let you know how it is when i meet any of the guys from U2 and/or become famous :D

Originally posted by partygirl2u
What Gwen has that most of us do not is the "inner circle of celebrity" and more time! I'm sure were just as interesting or more interesting than Ms. Stefani.
We all know that it's true. Though, I choose not to be in that "inner circle of celebrity" and all the damages they can bring. I choose to believe that things can work in a different way. I'm a believer.
Just be prepared to captivate and fascinate no matter wot your hair color is!! lmao! [/B]
No it's not the case, I never wanted that. Though, I've assuming the position of the fan that does want it.
I've noticed some ... about Ms. Stefani and I don't understand why. I was just being a funny and well humored fan. I respect her, though that is all, but I couldn't care less about her (and her meeting Bono) or other similar celebrities and I despise the "world" they live in. I wouldn’t trade my life for theirs.
My only problem is being fascinated by one and this could be the reason for me to choose using all my captive ness and fascination if only I had chosen that.
But this is only my opinion.

Last edited:
LostAtMoon said:
I despise the "world" they live in. I wouldn’t trade my life for theirs.

That's kind of a prejudiced statement, don't you think? Do all celebrities live in the same world? Are they all the same? That's like inflicting a stereotype... I could understand someone saying it after having experienced it and left it or something, but to just make a judgment based on... well, based on what? I've had a taste of celebrity life, granted only in so far as on the fringe, and I'm not talking about Bono here, I'm talking not at all in a fan sense and I quite enjoyed it. However, it's kind of like, I don't mind visiting, though I doubt I'd want to live there and I kind of see Bono that way. He still lives in Ireland and lives in a modest home for someone with such a high income. His kids seem pretty normal -- not like Paris Hilton. And Ali is his high school sweetheart. I mean, he really transcends the concept of celebrity & the world they all supposedly live in. Does that make him not a celebrity? LOL :p

Personally, I've swayed on my view re: celebrity, et al., but ultimately we are each individuals just journeying in our own path of life regardless of media attention or lack thereof. Moreover, perhaps we don't know of, say, any of Bono's non-celebrity friends because they are just that: not celebrities! Think about it. He could get on quite well with the little old lady who works down the street at the hotel, but we won't see her in the tabloids or in Blackbook or what have you, because she's not a model or actress or anything media worthy. Perhaps his realm of friends is not made up entirely of famous folk, but rather everyday folk and we only see the handful of celebs he knows because they are in the media. Y'know what I'm saying?

Ah well, regardless, this is all mere speculation anyway. If I were friends with him I certainly wouldn't go on about him in the media, that's for sure, and no one would know but my close friends and family, unless of course I become a famous screenwriter. :D

dream chaser said:
[B

Ah well, regardless, this is all mere speculation anyway. If I were friends with him I certainly wouldn't go on about him in the media, that's for sure, and no one would know but my close friends and family, unless of course I become a famous screenwriter. :D [/B]

Mel, would you <after your friends with Bono :) of course > go on about Bono to me even though were just mere acquaintences? :D I have no media connections. :sexywink:

starsgoblue said:
Dream Chaser...I love your siggie!

Thx, starsgoblue! :D
That really means a lot to me b/c I made it myself & I'm only really just getting into the whole icon making bit.

Cheers! :)

PS: Doesn't Edge just look incredibly sexy in that commercial? I mean, I'm a Bono gal, don't get me wrong, but I never really noticed just how hot Edge is before!

:ohmy: :shocked: :faint:

:lol:

partygirl2u said:

Mel, would you <after your friends with Bono :) of course > go on about Bono to me even though were just mere acquaintences? :D I have no media connections. :sexywink:

Oi! Me lips are sealed!

heehee :sexywink:

Ah, go on, of course I'd tell you, m'dear! :wink:

No, that wouldn't be me. I would say this is just a personal choice. I already chose a life pattern and it doesn't go that way (I haven't started 'Bono chasing' yet - and I do feel like it sometimes :lol: ).
Things can always change, of course, but only if we want to.
Anyway, if we want to talk about prejudice, we can start for the name of this thread. I'd love to talk about this, but I think we're going out of topic.

LostAtMoon said:
Anyway, if we want to talk about prejudice, we can start for the name of this thread. I'd love to talk about this, but I think we're going out of topic.

:lmao: I hadn't even thought of that!!! :der: Ha!!! "Like all other stars" Muahahaha!! :laugh:

My computer is getting me down my nerves (I have to shut it down once in a while – he’s complaining being overloaded with Bono’s photos for a long time and I have to do something about) but I can’t leave without mentioning what really disgusts me. And it is the "inner circle of celebrity" – with it’s tons of prejudices, influence traffic, injustice etc. I take Bono as a fair human being, the hard worker type, who among other things and I wouldn’t include him there, and that’s why I stand here as a fan. I can only imagine how hard it must be for him to stay away from all that Mafia. Personally, I would need to have a very good reason to go into such kind of life.

Last edited:
Yes, I guess we can go blind by Bono (in my case), by success (this wouldn't do for me), by fame, etc... It must be really easy to loose ground!

LostAtMoon said:
My computer is getting me down my nerves (I have to shut it down for once in a while – he’s complaining being overloaded with Bono’s photos for a long time and I have to do something about) but I can’t leave without mentioning what really disgusts me. And it is the "inner circle of celebrity" – with it’s tons of prejudices, influence traffic, injustice etc. I take Bono as a fair human being, the hard worker type, who among other things and I wouldn’t include him there, and that’s why I stand here as a fan. I can only imagine how hard it must be for him to stay away from all that Mafia. Personally, I would need to have a very good reason to go into such kind of life.

For me it's passion & passion alone. I love writing & I love film. Luckily, most screenwriters never achieve media fame, so I've that on my side! But still, we do have to deal with it, but ultimately I take the bad with the good b/c I love what I do so much... :hmm: I wonder if Bono feels the same? I'd bet anything Larry does! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom