Life sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Riddler

Acrobat
What do you do when a friend just called to say they have cancer that is rare and you are miles away andcant even give them a hug...lost on that one thank feck for the bar

------------------
***Here There and Everywhere***

I really have no good answer for you. I suspect you already knew there would not be one. All I can say is that I'm really sorry, and if you need to talk my email is
indianajen@lycos.com
I'm sure having a friend who cares as much as you obviously do is some comfort.
Hugs.
-Jen

I don't have an answer for you, but I want you to know that even though we are probably miles away, I am thinking about you and I understand exactly what you are going through. I know you're probably not gonna be sure of what you should do, and if aren't, then try and think of what your friend would want you to do.

Maybe that will help you in some way, maybe it won't. But just do what you can, don't be too hard on yourself and remember it's okay to be upset or even pissed off, cause I've been there. Anyways, remember we're all here.
Love and life ~ Katie

------------------
~?~*~?~ Katie ~?~*~?~
....Never looked like an angel....

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Well Riddler you and I are in the same boat. I got a call telling me my high school math teacher has cancer and was going to be operated immidiately. Now I'm only a year outta of high school and not only was he my fave math teacher he was the most loyal fan to our soccer team and of great encouragement to me. What did I do? I walked around like a chicken with my head cut off and cried myself to sleep then the next day bought a greeting card and mailed it out so that he would have something to laugh at when it was all done and over with. Which hasn't, sugery didn't help now it's up to chemo. Reality is there's nothing we can do, and we feel even more hopeless being miles away.

This of course not being the first time this happened to me. Within a week my grandma, after 70 years of perfect health, was diagnosed with full blown cancer. She had a heart attack during surgery so they sealed her up and she was in comma for a month, when she woke they sent her home to die. I couldn't visit or attend her funeral because of financial difficulties (me in the US she in Brazil). I am still haunted by her last phone call but I won't get into the details of that.

I know that this is less than inspiring and probably more than insensative but being affected by it more than once or twice for that matter, at such a young age has made me just that. Completely insensative torwards death. Cancer is such a harsh disease for both the person infected and the family and friends it's unfair and unforgiving that makes us fell so hopeless and useless. It's truly a horrible thing to go through and all I can say is my prayers and best wishes are with you and your friend. The only other comforting thing is that if you believe in God you know that he'll be going to a better place. If you need a shoulder to cry on I'm here. mbi16@yahoo.com

But my ultimate suggestion is, stick ATYCLB in the jukebox click #5 hit the repeat button and crank up the volume.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Wow you lot are amazing....
thankyou for all your kind thoughts it means a hell of a lot.And my sympathies to you MB
its not e new experinece for me either, its just that my friend is only 42 and facing terminal cancer at sucha young age is a big shock to take in and you're right being far away kind of cripples your response and ability to really act as the friend you want to be.
You are all great.
Thankyou
I think I need to try and get some sleep now....

------------------
***Here There and Everywhere***

Riddler:
I really don't know what to say. In times like these, i guess a prayer helps more than trying to talk about this
I found this little prayer and i'd like to share it with you
smile.gif
:

I pray for you
No matter what you do wrong
I pray for you
Because we can never stay mad for long
I pray for you
Because you were the one who was always there
I pray for you
For all the joys and times we've shared
I pray for you
Because through it all
You saw me for me
I pray for you
Because without you
Only God knows where I'd be
I pray for you
Because they say
One good friend is all you need
I pray for you
Because you saw what others failed to see
I pray for you
Because even when times are tough
True friends never leave
And I pray for you
Because without real friends
Life is never quite complete.

Flavia

NELS
i'm sorry so sorry oh that is heartbreaking...
i was away all last night and just got back - SHIT .
you're right life does suck....
i wish i could give you a hug too...

I guess noone here really knows what to say in this situation. Everyone has been touched by cancer it seems.....
It is very hard, but now is the time to lean on your faith,draw comfort in knowing that there is a power that reigns over everything even something as scary and threatening as cancer.
I'm going through a cancer battle right now,my Grandmother was a admited to hospital a few weeks back and what was thought to be pnuemonia was found out to be lung cancer.
So with her surgery looming Friday,I've had to lean very hard on my faith....I've not been here alot lately because I'm trying to spend all my time with her these last few days I've had off work.
It's a scary thing but all things are possible through God....even healing.Pray alot, it will help you and your friend.....
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers...

Back
Top Bottom