Liam Gallagher is a GOOF!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oktobergirl

Refugee
Check out this article... and this guy calls him friends with Bono???
Oasis' Liam: We're Better Than U2 Now

Sunday Mirror, April 21, 2002

Paul Davis

Oasis bad boy Liam Gallagher has taken a swipe at rivals U2, blasting "We're still more important than them."

The star was speaking after his band sold-out 80,000 tickets for their concert spectacular in London in just ONE hour. He
said: "These are the fastest selling gigs we have done.

"We are going to f***ing have it at those gigs, because the kids deserve it, for still being with us. In 10 year's time, we'll
still be rocking and putting on shows. That's what counts. We are still more important than U2 or R.E.M."

But one of Gallagher's old friends, Stephen Murray who used to party with Oasis for many years, said: "It's a shame
Liam is saying this. How can he be so disrespectful to U2? Liam's mouth seems to get bigger when he has got a record
coming out. Let's face it Bono must be laughing to himself. After all is said and done U2 are known all over the world.
Bono is a music giant, but Oasis? They will always be known as the group who ripped off the Beatles' songs."

? Sunday Mirror, 2002.

You know what? Oasis sucks. They sound like a bad beatles tribute band. Just ignore them, and they'll go away!! He's only making these ludicrous statements to get media attention
rolleyes.gif

Or maybe he needs to be institutionalized and sort out those delusions of grandeur.

I always liked the older Gallagher brother better... Hee.
biggrin.gif
Bad-mouthing isn't anything new for him though, so I don't think it's anything to get angry about.

------------------
after years of waiting nothing came
you realize you're looking in the wrong place

[This message has been edited by FlyGirl (edited 04-22-2002).]

It's just Liam being Liam. Saying stupid things, acting like a lout...typical!

Don't let Liam's antics keep you from listening to Oasis, though. Their music is wonderful. I know I'm looking forward to the next album.

Back
Top Bottom