LG needs your pix!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemon Grrrrrl

New Yorker
Hangin' out by the state line turning holy water i
My computer crashed recently. I braved an after-Thanksgiving sale (even got up at 3:30 in the morning) to get a really nice system for a really cheap price - but of course that means I haven't been around for awhile. I'd love to see recent pictures of the boys - all my old stuff is still in my snapfish account (so happy I did that - I highly recommend everyone upload their pix to a snapfish or photobucket account just in case their hard drive crashes). I'm sure I have lots of captioning to do! :)

Post away grrrrrls!

Thanks so much. :hug:

Oh, and for the non-U.S. people here - the day after Thanksgiving in the U.S. marks the start of the Christmas shopping season. In order for retailers to post high revenue sales they sell all kinds of things, especially big ticket items like computers and televisions, at incredibly low prices. This also means that tons of people go out to buy things, and stores open early (in my case they opened at 5:00am) - and people line up early (sometimes as early at 6:00pm the day before) so they get first pick at things. It's absolutely crazy - and I usually do stay away from these things, but the sale on the computers wasn't available online, it was first come, first served. Luckily the sale on the digital camera I want was available online, and I'll have it in time for Portland so I'll have tons of Portland pix to share come December. :hyper:

Congrats on scoring the new/cheap comp! We had some incidents of assult and trampling at two local Walmarts. One guy ended up with his leg in a cast but still scored a cheap laptop and said "it was worth it". Lucky for him, this lady saw him go down and held onto an extra computer for him. I said to my mom, if only they had U2 fans running the show like a GA line.... :D

:hmm: not sure what you mean by recent. You may think some of the pics I consider recent are old. :shrug: So I guess I'll just post a few and you can take what you need :D

Sorry about your computer crashing, and glad to hear you got a deal on the new system. I avoid stores on 'Black Friday' if at all possible :yikes: :lol:

Img0911.jpg

Img0910.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome back on-line, LG!!

Same thing happened to me at the end of the summer!

I'll post as many as I can tomorrow. I'll also share my "Black Friday at Best Buy" story... you won't believe it!

But I've got to go to bed now... so till tomorrow! :wink:

Woohoo!!!

:applaud:

Brave girl.

I'm so happy ( :happy: ) you were succesfull in buying a really nice system for a really cheap price!
It bet it was CRAZY out there.

So good to see your name here again.
I sure missed ya!
:hug:

Now get your ass in gear and hurry over to the caption thread.
I'm sorry to admit, I have been kinda out of it myself.
Blame it on a certain band's visit to the Bay Area.
I got a bit distracted there.
And got stuck in lurkers mode.
Hopefully that'll change soon.

Any way, let's see if I can find you some nice pictures.

u15keysersoze.jpg

u17keysersoze.jpg

bono_tamberiner8drgurl14.jpg

bono_lightr8drgurl10.jpg

They're not really recent.
And they're not mine either.
But I hope you like them anyway.

Welcome back, LG!

Of course I have no pictures to contibute, but a question. With your computer crashing, did you get the last email with the remaining caption info from caption book 1?

Look forward to your humor as always.

Cassandra said:
Welcome back, LG!

Of course I have no pictures to contibute, but a question. With your computer crashing, did you get the last email with the remaining caption info from caption book 1?

Look forward to your humor as always.

Actually I was going to email you soon, Cassandra - I do kinda need those last emails you sent (all of them, actually - the ones after I started the thread), they were among the casualties of what I've lost on my old system. :sigh:

Thanks so much for the pix, everyone :hug: - and Sad_Girl all of the ones you posted (as well as everyone else!) are new to me (and those ones of Bono holding the camera- :drool: as always! He's got a smile like salvation :cute: ). The most recent one I remember is the one of Bono shooting a vid of Edge, where Edge was doing his silly walk - I love the photoshop caption of Edge getting ready to stop his wicked lunchbox!! :applaud:

Grace I look forward to your posts as well - thanks so much again everyone! I'm busy re-setting things to my liking and stuff (still have that stupid dial-up but hopefully not for long) so hopefully I'll be back up and running in a week or so, back up to my old tricks. :wink: I've missed everyone here terribly! :sad: But I'm very happy to be back. :)

Hi, LG... don't know how recent of pics you're looking for, either, but I'm sure you're not picky!! :drool:

It's so late again for me, so I'll run through my amazing Best Buy story now, let me know about what pics you are looking for when you get a chance...

So, as LemonGrrrrrl explained... Black Friday is a day of horror, fear, dread... unless there is a deal somewhere you can't live without. I swear I have refused to step foot in a store on the Friday after Thanksgiving in over 15 years... but, this year... there was a sale to end all sale... a sale to die for... for a cell phone that I was desperatly in need of. It was only good on Friday and Saturday, but no rainchecks, and "supplies were limited." I knew I had to go Friday, or risk losing out. Since Best Buy had a whole catalogue of sale items that were only good from 6:00AM till Noon that day (yes, 6:00AM!), I figured I would time it for just after noon, since the cell phone wasn't part of that sale.

I arrived at Best Buy at around 12:15P... expected HORDES of traffic~ indeed, there was a cop deployed to direct traffic in the parking garage! But there were fewer cars than even on a typical weekend! I pullled into the garage after about 3 cars, and there in front of me, a car pulled out of their spot! I pulled into a spot a mere 30 seconds after entering the garage!

I walked into the store, and found the cell phone display. I of course couldn't find the one on sale I was looking for-- but who should I find but THREE employees on the floor to help me!! (Unheard of, folks who don't shop at Best Buy) One of them directed me to the display around the corner, where there were plenty of phones left, and off I went!

I stopped by the DVD section, because I hadn't been able to find the Collector's version of the Chicago DVD yet, andl lo and behold, they had one left!!! So I picked that up, and headed to the check-out, where I discovered I was... first in line! In fact, no one else was in line!!! About 30 seconds later, they were ringing me up!

I swear, I was in and out of Best Buy on Black Friday in less than 15 minutes! Has anyone heard of such a thing?!? I've refused to step foot in a store on Thanksgiving weekend in so many years... is that different these days?

I'm glad you got a great deal on your computer, LG!!! You'll build the files back up soon, I promise! And how recent are you looking for?

GracelandHarley said:

So, as LemonGrrrrrl explained... Black Friday is a day of horror, fear, dread...

So true! :lmao:

I flat out don't believe your Best Buy story, Grace. 3 employees helped you on Black Friday???? Impossible. Every time I go to Best Buy and have a question, I look for someone - they LITERALLY run away from me. I swear!!! You must have been dreaming the whole thing. :wink:

Circuit City opened at 5am. We got there at 4:30, the line was already wrapped around the building (these are huge buildings - like 30,000 square feet!). Luckily it wasn't raining. At least not until we were ready to leave.

Anyway - recent photos to me are within the last 2-3 weeks. Thanks dear!!!!!! :hug:

And I'm really happy to hear your good luck on Black Friday. The cell phone and U2 gods must have been smiling on you.

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

I flat out don't believe your Best Buy story, Grace. 3 employees helped you on Black Friday???? Impossible. Every time I go to Best Buy and have a question, I look for someone - they LITERALLY run away from me. I swear!!! You must have been dreaming the whole thing. :wink:

HAH!! 3 employees did not help me! One helped me, and the other two watched! :wink: :tongue:

But I have been truly blessed by the Best Buy fairies... on the other hand, the Photobucket b**tards are giving me fits! It keeps crashing on me! :madspit:

(I swear, this weekend-- Verizon DSL!! I know I keep saying that, but I am taking the time this weekend to download all that crap... I am so tired of this dial-up nonsense-- I know that's why I have such a problem with Photobucket at times!)

Which leads to... the only pics I have from the last 2 weeks... which are all Larry, of course!! :lol: :sexywink:

I have many others saved to my computer, but I can't get them uploaded to f@#%^# Photobucket tonight, for some reason!

LarrycellphoneMiami.jpg

60min_hotlarryintvuEd2.jpg

60min_hotlarryshadesintvu.jpg

60min_Larryintvu3.jpg

I'll get more soon, as soon as Photofucket straightens up... so, LemonGrrrrrl... do you only want pics that were taken from the last 2-3 weeks, or posted during the last 2-3 weeks?

Back
Top Bottom