Letters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

funny love

Babyface
I have a question for you......you have ever written a letter to Bono?and where you have sent the letter?
you know where is the Larry's house?

i think you send it to their studio hanover quay.
i wanted to write one but you need Irish stamps too and then again theyre always busy...what i would like to know is if anyone has actually received a letter back from them

Thanks to all ...another question can you have the exact addresse of the Bono and Larry's house?

funny love said:
Thanks to all ...another question can you have the exact addresse of the Bono and Larry's house?

this is something that is very private and wouldn't be given out to anyone. I mean fans 'know' where they live but this is information that should not be posted here..:tsk:

funny love said:
I have a question for you......you have ever written a letter to Bono?and where you have sent the letter?
you know where is the Larry's house?

yes in fact where is the Larry? :wink:

Bono and Edge live in Killiney, a village South of Dublin, near the coast, Adam has a place in the centre and someone told me Larry's house is in a little place North of Dublin. The addresses, no way.. it's their private lives we're talking about, sorry.

Larry lives in the north of Dublin indeed, in Howth..
but their adresses should remain private.
Adam lives outside of Dublin aswell, in Rathfarnham I thought it was... hope I spelled that right... in a big mansion looking over his old school... Adam has a great sense of humour! :lol:

Great...Maybe give an exact address of them and the phone numbers...?! Is it really necessary to write about quite privat bussiness of the guys??? :uhoh: I don't think they would like it...
Im sure they don't really like all the 'pilgrimages' around their houses...

yes please, and their ATM pin numbers would be nice tgoo...
:hmm: do you have their shoe size, weight and height too... :wink: no, 'short' does not classify as Bono's height...

To be honest- I think they only way they get your letter is when you give it to the guys personally. I guess Principle Management won't pass the letters on and each band member probably has a post office box or sth like that so that it is useless to send a letter to their private address.
Even when you send sth to the U2 World Service you usually get a postcard saying that autographs are no longer available.
Or did anyone experience sth else??

Oh, come on, I've mentioned the population where Bono and Edge live only because I've seen Bono himself naming it at a TV interview, so I think he doesn't mind. By the way, I have also seen a whole thread in this forum devoted to this subject with pictures of Bono's house and pics of his front doors with some fans posing (I have never gone to his door to bother him or his family), so I don't think I have aired any secret.
Anyway, if it shouldn't have been stated mods are free to remove my post and I'll be happy with it.

if you want to give exact addresses to their houses then take it to a PM or email. Posting it here just isn't ok. Yes, we have posted pics of their houses but that not exactly giving away where that they live.

Well, I have heard and read various times that they actually get and read at least some of the fan mail and are aware of stuff fans are sending to them through PM.

But as far as their private homes are concerned, they should stay private. I'm sure none of the guys is delighted about fans hanging out in front of their houses. It's their private space and family home, not a concert arena.

Bono's house isnt that hard to find.
Out of all 4 of the homes, his is the easiest to locate because of the gates, and is within walking distance of the Dart station.

Adam's would be the hardest to get it becasue of where it is.
And Larry's, I saw his place - but that was when my plane was landing and I was looking out the window over Howth.

If you want to send letters, Principle Management would be the best way.
Just dont hold you breath for a reply, even if you send a letter direct to their home, there is no garauntee that they will reply.

Side note: wasn't there a picture around here that showed each of the guy's mailboxes in PM??
I remember seeing something like that with each of their names below each slot.

i would feel like a stalker sending letters to there houses .

i like to see that photo wayne of the pm boxes. ;)

bella88 said:
i would feel like a stalker sending letters to there houses .

i like to see that photo wayne of the pm boxes. ;)

I found the only picture I know of the boxes. It's in the deluxe edtion book for How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. The picture is in the upper right corner. Sorry it's so small. I scanned my book. *A FUN FACT: ADAM TOOK ALL THE PICTURES ON THAT PAGE*

001-Copy3.jpg

I don't think anyone should go near their houses or even be told how to get there. How would you like to have strangers prowling around your property? Sorry if I sound grouchy, but I don't like this.

I think this is a sensitive case and that it would be for the best if we all would let this thread die down and dissapear from the 1st page....

Galeongirl said:
I think this is a sensitive case and that it would be for the best if we all would let this thread die down and dissapear from the 1st page....

I definitely agree with you on that one GG! :hi5: I only posted the pictures of the boxes because it was published in a U2 book. I think that the boys' homes should be sacred. I have taken a picture at Bono's house, but I would never wait around for him there. I was simply riding around and saw his gates and jumped out to take a quick pic. There's no problem writing the boys at PM, after all, the address is posted in all of U2's liner notes and tour programs. That would be the best thing for anyone to do if he/she wanted to get mail to the boys. Or just wait for a chance to do it in person. This is all....

I've written to the band twice and got a response one of those times from Cecelia telling me that she would pass my letter onto the guys. I sent that letter to Windmill Lane Studios and they must have sent it over to PM. This was in 1997, though.

bonohero said:

I definitely agree with you on that one GG! :hi5: I only posted the pictures of the boxes because it was published in a U2 book. I think that the boys' homes should be sacred. I have taken a picture at Bono's house, but I would never wait around for him there. I was simply riding around and saw his gates and jumped out to take a quick pic. There's no problem writing the boys at PM, after all, the address is posted in all of U2's liner notes and tour programs. That would be the best thing for anyone to do if he/she wanted to get mail to the boys. Or just wait for a chance to do it in person. This is all....

I agree as well.. this is a sensitive area. And any details of their homes should be kept private. I did the same thing you did.. I just drove around till I found his house, jumped out and took a quick pic too and left. I see no problem writing to them thru PM. It certainly worth a try. However, I think you have a lot better chance handing to them in person or even thru their bodyguards, assts. I know for a fact that if you give something to the bodyguards they will give to them for sure.

bonohero said:

I found the only picture I know of the boxes. It's in the deluxe edtion book for How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. The picture is in the upper right corner. Sorry it's so small. I scanned my book. *A FUN FACT: ADAM TOOK ALL THE PICTURES ON THAT PAGE*

001-Copy3.jpg

the cannabalized guitar necks is a tad creepy

europop2005 said:

the cannabalized guitar necks is a tad creepy

well I assume they're the remainders of Adam's basses, since he uses a different neck on his basses.... I might confuse the two now, but I think it was that he uses Fender Jazz basses with Precision necks... so that might be the Jazz necks then?

U2Fanatic4ever said:

I agree as well.. this is a sensitive area. And any details of their homes should be kept private. I did the same thing you did.. I just drove around till I found his house, jumped out and took a quick pic too and left.

I agree, we shouldn't be giving out that information about exact addresses..... just a side note, one of the tours I took out of Dublin drove right past Bono's gates. I took a picture from the window of the bus! The driver even commented on all the Irish celebrity homes as we drove by and he stopped in front of BONO's gates. I was the only one on the bus interested in taking a picture. Can you believe it? :D

Back
Top Bottom