Let's start...THE FAMILY FEUD!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAW

The Flower
Went to dinner last night with my husband's whole family and I noticed my sister-in-law was not really talking to me and I actually caught her giving me the stink eye once or twice. I didn't really pay much attention until later, at a relatives house, the following exchange occured.

Family is in the living room watching Olympic opening ceremony...

Charlene (me) says: Who is that singing?

Sister in Law: Oh, it doesn't matter, Char doesn't care if it's not that, Bon..uh, what's his name...that Bon Jovi guy?????

Charlene: WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?????

Sister in Law: Oh, I'm sorry, I meant to say Bone-no.

Charlene: Hey, what's your problem lady?

Sister in Law: Yeah, she wouldn't even take my call on Superbowl Sunday because Bone-no was on. Whatever.

Can you believe that? She's STILL mad at me because I wouldn't talk to her during halftime. She called as soon as U2 came on, on purpose, just to interupt my viewing pleasure and I wouldn't get on the phone. I don't understand why U2 rubs her the wrong way. She won't even ride in my car because I have a U2 plate (BTFL DAY). Whatever. I should be mad at her for calling Bono Bon Jovi.

Can i have a ride in your car with BTFL DAY plate pleeeease?

Shes just jealous cus she dont have good taste in music
smile.gif

Originally posted by bono-vox:
Can i have a ride in your car with BTFL DAY plate pleeeease?

Shes just jealous cus she dont have good taste in music
smile.gif

Hop in!!

Awesome license plate!
smile.gif

It's too bad that your sister in law tries to ruin your U2 enjoyment. I guess there's nothing you can really do, though. Like bono-vox said, she's probably just jealous that she doesn't have a favorite singer/band that means a lot to her.
smile.gif

I had a friend call me during the halftime, and I didnt answer the phone. He ended up leaving a message that said "Hey! Are you watching the superbowl? I didnt know U2 was going to be on!" Der. I called him back later and was like "Dont you know better than to call me in the middle of U2 !!?"

* hopes someone will ride in my car when I get my plate. U2LV8ME.
biggrin.gif

------------------
The wind will crack in winter time
No spoken words, just a scream

My Lair

Yeah, you're sister-in-law is really mature.
rolleyes.gif

Well, at least you don't have to bring her anywhere when you don't feel like it...

But you keep on loving U2, and just try and be as nice to her as you can, even if she is unbearable. Who knows, maybe some U2 will rub off onto her from you.
smile.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
Yeah, you're sister-in-law is really mature.
rolleyes.gif

Well, at least you don't have to bring her anywhere when you don't feel like it...

But you keep on loving U2, and just try and be as nice to her as you can, even if she is unbearable. Who knows, maybe some U2 will rub off onto her from you.
smile.gif

I just talked to her and we made up
smile.gif
. I guess she has some other issues going on in her life and she feels like I've been ignoring her lately, which I admit I have. Anyway, she has agreed to stop giving me guff about U2 and I have agreed to make more of an effort to keep in touch with her.

Oh, I also made her agree to call me Mrs. Bono and she said okay
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
She won't even ride in my car because I have a U2 plate (BTFL DAY). Whatever. I should be mad at her for calling Bono Bon Jovi.

May I have a ride in your U2 mobile? Pleeeease!? I don't eat a lot and I like good music.

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

+fabulous+

The Edge, it's a direct object.

Originally posted by Lilly:
May I have a ride in your U2 mobile? Pleeeease!? I don't eat a lot and I like good music.

Well, because I LOVE the googly eye line in your sig, yes, you can ride in my U2 mobile anytime you want. The rules are:

1. Only U2 CD's will be allowed in the vehicle

2. Absulutely no U2 and/or Bono bashing will be tolerated (had to school my kids on that one)

3. No touching the U2 pinbacks on my visor

4. If you sing, you must sing loudly and with feeling (the other cars around the U2-mobile need entertainment too)

I know you won't have any trouble following my rules! Now, if I leave California tomorrow, I should be able to pick you up by Tuesday...look for the white Camry
biggrin.gif

Oooooh... she wouldn't like riding in my truck, either.... U2 ROKS.
biggrin.gif

You know what? She's full of herself and if she has to purposely call you at a time she *knows* you won't come to the phone, well, that's her problem. She was probably calling to make a point, kind of like "see, I'll bet she won't talk to me right now, and I'm gonna call her just to show how right I am." People like that need to get a life.

Sounds to me like she's jealous because you have found something that makes you happy and she hasn't. She can't understand why, either. How sad for her, but how happy for you.
biggrin.gif

You can tell her that I wouldn't let her ride in my truck anyway - she's not cool enough.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by bono-vox:
3D.gif

rolleyes.gif
Vroooom Vrooooooooom
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by bono-vox (edited 02-10-2002).]

HAHAHA!!!!! Hey, that's me trying to drive in Ireland. What's the steering wheel doing on the right? What do you mean I have to drive on the other side of the road? Uh oh, I took that left turn a little sharp didn't I? Okay, maybe I should use public transportation
biggrin.gif

HAHAHA!!!!! Hey, that's me trying to drive in Ireland. What's the steering wheel doing on the right? What do you mean I have to drive on the other side of the road? Uh oh, I took that left turn a little sharp didn't I? Okay, maybe I should use public transportation
biggrin.gif

Get on the Discoboos
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

biggrin.gif

i love the roads here......not! The main roads are REALLLY bumpy and our road signs are like 100km to this point or to get to dublin its 600 footsteps and turn left.....they make no sense and they are NEVER right...irish roads aaah
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:
Uh, I take back what I said....
biggrin.gif
You made up so she's OK by my book now.

Hey, you live in Placentia? I live in Long Beach.... nice winds and smoke and stuff, huh. bleah.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

We did make up but you are so right on about her motives! She always calls me when U2 or Bono are on TV because she knows I won't get on the phone and she can say "see, I told you she won't talk to me...blah, blah, blah, blah. We used to do a lot of things together and talk all the time but she's just not into U2 so we've kind of drifted apart and she is jealous. But, she's my husbands sister and one of my closest friends and I gotta love her so I put up with it.

And guess what? She lives in Long Beach!!!!
biggrin.gif
Small world!

Lastly, did you go to one of the Anaheim Elevation shows? I think I've seen your U2 ROKS plate somewhere and I was thinkin that could have been the place.

Back
Top Bottom