Let's Hear It For The Techies, Too!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
The bodyguard thread went over pretty well... so here's some appreciation for the techies. It IS pretty amazing how they match up so well in personalities with their band member!
I don't have pics of all of them, unfortunately, but I *know* that someone out there does! So post away, and let's share stories! These guys rock and help make our concerts even better than the real thing!

dallas.jpg

Dallas Schoo
Who is recognized by any who is a U2 fan! I know there are great stories out there of this sweet and kind and generous man! (not to mention cute!)
smile.gif

Sam O'Sullivan on the drums....

Stuart Morgan on bass, with the largest instrument
wink.gif
Stuuuu!

Bono's man is.. um.. someone please save me! I know that he is rumored to having said the phrase to fans "is his nippy hanging out?" but we'll leave that for later
wink.gif
smile.gif
David? is that his name.. oh dear... I'm a bit ashamed but i know someone out there can help! ally? anyone?

now here's a cool article I found on the behind-the-scene guys:

ok for some weird reason I can't copy and paste, so the link is http://www.nd.edu/~observer/10102001/News/3.html
It's pretty funny.. of course Adam would have his bass polished up before a show! lol
smile.gif

------------------
She will die and live again Tonight

* U2 Take Me Higher *

YAAAAAAAAY!!!! SAM!!!! *dances*
biggrin.gif
He plays drums keeeewl...during the Austin Elevation he played this little song with the drums and I was like clapping along and dancing along with it. t'was kewl
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Hmmm... I have this picture of Bono's tech... it's from the providence show when bono was having a problem with some of the equipment...this dude is wild looking!

9E41156.jpg

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
bono was having a problem with some of the equipment...this dude is wild looking!
heheh equipment

<---too immature for her own good

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege, capable of scandalizing ScottPhisto with AngelinaLips....
97% compatible with Bono

Proud Owner of the one and only Bon Jovi soap caddy

Love me, give me soul.

The PLEBA Mansion, where the play's the thing...
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/plebamansion

For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono! ~Echo~

hey olive!

great thread... bono's guitar tech is dave- he comes across as not-so-friendly, but i know people who have had really great interactions with him. At the Vegas show, one of the fans asked him if bono would be smashing up his guitar again (which he had done at a show a few days earlier). dave said "no... although i kind of liked it!".
biggrin.gif

the guy who asked whether bono's "nippy was hanging out" (in response to a fan telling him that bono's fly was down!) is not dave, but AJ (the other bald guy- NOT john the security guard- who follows bono around the heart). It is rumored that AJ is bono's cousin... can anyone confirm this? anyway, he's hilarious!
smile.gif
irish, of course, and reportedly a big drinker. i had a funny interaction with him at the halloween show in providence: I was dressed up as a cat (complete w/ feather boa) and my friend (khelia) was dressed up as macphisto. we were walking back to the Holiday Inn before the show to put our stuff away, and in order to get back to the hotel we had to walk right by the crew buses. as we were walking, AJ came over (i didn't know who he was at the time), and says (very seriously!) "Where do you think you're going?" i thought we were in trouble for walking near the buses, so i told him that we were just going to our hotel. he was like "what hotel are you staying in? what room are you in?" i STILL thought that we were in trouble, so i fumbled in my bag for our hotel key and nervously said "i SWEAR that we're staying in the Holiday Inn right over there- we're room 471!" Then he started laughing, and said "So I can come join you later tonight, eh??" lol!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by *Ally*:

the guy who asked whether bono's "nippy was hanging out" (in response to a fan telling him that bono's fly was down!) is not dave, but AJ (the other bald guy- NOT john the

ooohh yeah that's RIGHT!! hahahah that was so funny when i heard that from you guys!

"i SWEAR that we're staying in the Holiday Inn right over there- we're room 471!" Then he started laughing, and said "So I can come join you later tonight, eh??" lol!
biggrin.gif

LMFAOOOOO!

soooo?!! did he???!
wink.gif
lol!!

------------------
She will die and live again Tonight

* U2 Take Me Higher *

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom